Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

■ Equus Lacerta ■ The Ridable Raptors ■ by raccoon bandit

Based on Click to view
Artist raccoon bandit [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

■ Equus Lacerta ■ The Ridable Raptors ■

Postby raccoon bandit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Main Thread (You are here)-[url]Nursery[/url]-Artist Search- Informational Thread-Customs

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

{What are Equus Lacertas?
    Are you tired of horses? A dog just isn't doing it for you anymore? Look no further, Equus Lacertas, the ridable raptors, are here!
    EL's are ridable raptors domesticated by humans. They are extremely loyal and affectionate to their owners and a very playful species. If given the chance, an EL could be a forever friend for any human!
Specific Stats wrote:Lifespan: 50-60 years
Weight: 800-1000 lbs / 362-453 kg (Depends on height)
Average back height: 65in / 165cm
Average Head height: 72in / 182cm
*Chicks will be taller and heavier than parents in most cases*
Average tail length: 60in / 152cm
{General species overview
    Equus Lacertas are a genetics based species, meaning that since the don't exist in real life, all the genetic rules for these beautiful beasts were made up by yours truly. This also means that when two Equus Lacertas have chicks, the appearance of each of their chicks will inherit or not inherit certain traits from their parents! If you are confused about this, please feel free to PM me (mammalia) and I'd be happy to explain!
    There are exceptions to the genetic rules however. Custom Equus Lacertas, which are rather hard to come by, are not restrained by the genetic law and can look any way the artist or commissioner pleases.

Equus Lacertas are also a domesticated species, meaning that they have been bred generation and generation through and through by humans. These raptors are very compatible with humans and are very playful animals. A healthy Equus Lacerta gets at least 4 hours a day of running around, playing and stretching out their legs. EL's also do well in warmer climates, meaning that they will be most comfortable with a heating system in their barn and a heating lamp in an easily accessible place.

Their diet mainly consists of meat and small amounts of insects, however many EL handlers advise also giving your Equus Lacerta small, daily doses of fish oils and argon oil to keep their scales and claws shiny and healthy. These beasts aren't particularly food motivated, however they can be trained to do tricks and the like through the use of treats (typically dried meat, similar to dog treats). Many experienced handlers also advise staying away from an Equus Lacerta when it is eating because, despite domestication and temperament, they are very powerful and unpredictable animals.

{Available Equus Lacertas
Equus Lacerta #4
Equus Lacerta #5
Equus Lacerta #6 & #7
Equus Lacerta #10
■ Lines are by the lovely Cuervo ■
Last edited by raccoon bandit on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am, edited 28 times in total.
raccoon bandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby raccoon bandit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Our Staff

Mammalia
- Owner - Occasional Artist -

Cuervo
- Artist - Made Lines -

Wolfy858
- Artist -

Mila_Juniper
- Guest Artist -

General Rules wrote:-Do not make your own Equus Lacerta unless you are an artist, staff member, or have been granted explicit permission by Mammalia.
-Be kind to other owners and show good sportsmanship when it comes to competitions.
-Do not claim an EL as your own if you do not own it
-You may not sell your EL (anyone who is caught selling EL's will be banned from adopting and will have their currently owned EL's taken away)
-Please see rehoming rules if you no longer wish to care for your EL
-You may not make edits to your EL without artist permission (This includes adding accessories. All additions must be approved by the original artist).

Ownership Limits wrote:- One non-staff member may have up to 10 Equus Lacertas, 2 of which may be customs (unless otherwise granted permission by Mammalia)
■ Permanent artists may have up to 20 (8 customs)
■ Guest Artists may have up to 15 (4 Customs)
■ Other staff members may have up to 15 (4 Customs, which they are allowed ask an artist to make. Artist has the right to refuse.)
*These numbers may go up, but they will not go down*

Rehoming Rules wrote:-EL's may not be sold
-If you no longer wish to own your EL, you contact mammalia or the EL's original artist
-Rehomed EL's will go up for re-adoption with the original competition that they had
-You may not reclaim your EL after it has been rehomed (so choose wisely!)
-If you received a rehomed EL, or have rehomed an EL, please contact mammalia

Custom Rules wrote:-Customs are the only EL's that don't have to follow genetic patterns
-Only staff members are allowed to award customs to users they believe deserve them
-If a staff member awards a custom to a non-staff member, proof that the custom was gifted must be shown to mammalia
-Customs may be rehomed, but mammalia must be informed and approve
-Artists (Permanent and Guest) may be asked to make customs. They have the right to refuse.
-Customs will have an eventual correlation with currency, but that is a WIP at the moment

Breeding Rules wrote:-A litter required two EL's together
-Both EL's owners must consent to having the litter
-EL's born in a litter must follow EL genetics and may not be customized
-There may be no more than three EL's in a litter without explicit permission from the artist and mammalia
-Two EL's of the same sex may have chicks together as long as both owners consent
-Mammalia and the original artist(s) of the EL's being bred together must be informed and approve of the litter

Currency rules wrote:-The official EL Currency is the Sickle Coin
- Honorable mentions are translated into Sickle coins
- If your current balance of sickles coins on this thread is incorrect, PM mammalia
-You may not exchange currency with non-staff members (Ex. Gifting your friend sickle coins, trading sickle coins to someone for pets, etc.)
-If you are claiming currency, please show proof (I.e. Thread where you received the honorable mention)
-Staff may send a request to mammalia to gift currency to a player they believe deserves it (Must explain why)
-As of now, there is no other way to earn sickle coins, but there may be in the future.

Strike and Bans wrote:-Strikes may be earned for the following:
■Disrespect to other owners or staff members
■Breaking of any aforementioned rules
■Using EL lineart without permission
-Bans may be earned for the following:
■Selling an EL
■Three strikes
-Staff: If you see a person breaking any rules and you believe the deserve a strike or a ban, please contact mammalia explaining why.

Strike/ban list (hopefully won't be necessary)
Last edited by raccoon bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
raccoon bandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ and staff applications

Postby raccoon bandit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

If you are interested in being a staff members, please pm me! We are currently looking for:

-Mods/helpers (Will help people out on the thread, answer questions, let me know about people breaking the rules, will be able to gift customs to users they think deserve them-- this does not mean gifting a custom to someone because they are your friend.)

-Archivists (Will keep track/help me keep track of all the EL's that are currently available for adoption, adopted, or being rehomed)

(For the above positions, please tell me if you've had any past experience, how active you are on this website, and if you will need training or not)

If you are interested in being an artist, please check out our artist search and I'll shoot you a PM if I like your art!
Last edited by raccoon bandit on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
raccoon bandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby raccoon bandit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Affiliates

PM me if you would like to become an official affiliate with Equus Lacertas!!
Last edited by raccoon bandit on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
raccoon bandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ■ Equus Lacerta ■ The Ridable Raptors ■ WIP DNP

Postby Cuervo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 pm

BEEP BEEP COMING THROUGH
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ■ Equus Lacerta ■ The Ridable Raptors ■ WIP DNP

Postby LovetheHoly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

move outta the way kids Im marking this

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞

click vv
W e ↵ . ✠ . ✠ . so lets support eachother
a l l
g o
t h r o u g h
l i f e

Love
y o u like
k a n y e
loves
K A N Y EImage
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ■ Equus Lacerta ■ The Ridable Raptors ■ WIP

Postby SmileChild » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am

i want one

mark
!!!MISSED THE HALLOWEEN TRADE IN!!!
Desperately looking for wishlist 23halloween pets, feel free to send a trade over if you have any spares!

╔══════════════════════╗
-----------------------
☽:Vis's | ☽:Kal's
-----------------------

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
text
text
text
text

╚═════════════════════════╝

SmileChild