Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

*NEW LINES* Warriors of the Skies: Battle Gryphons by Aravel

Artist Aravel [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

*NEW LINES* Warriors of the Skies: Battle Gryphons

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:16 pm

-

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Shattered Beazt
Owner || Founder

[img]-[/img]
legend-
Co-owner

Zax
Co-owner

Hobbit Geek

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Aravel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:58 am, edited 27 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News & Events || Rules

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:27 pm

• April 19, 2015 - Topic and species is currently a work in progress. The species is currently not open, but posting is.
    • April 21, 2015 - Official Stamp Competition has opened up in the competition section.
    • September 3, 2015 - New lines added that were provided for us by Zax!

• All Chicken Smoothie rules and regulations are expected to be followed on any BG thread.
      • Self explanatory
    • Staff (thread and CS) have authority over normal members and are to be treated with respect at all times.
      • This means you may not rush them, guilt them, beg them, etc.
      • If there are any problems (or something hasn't been judged within 2 weeks of the end date) with any of the staff, send me a PM explaining the situation, and I will handle it the best I can.
    • All members are to be respected.
      • Name calling, arguing, and rudeness are all disrespectful.
    • Battle Gryphons are a closed species. You may not make your own.
      • Self explanatory.
    • Asking to be part of the staff or for a custom will reward you an automatic warning UNLESS the position/custom is being offered.
      • Self explanatory.
    • Selling Battle Gryphons is not allowed.
      • Selling of the actual character/referenced or any sort of profit is unacceptable.
    • You may trade or gift Battle Gryphons with my permission.
      • This includes newborns (;
    • You may not use any Battle Gryphon that does not belong to you without permission.
      • Self explanatory.
    • Normal members may own 5 Battle Gryphons. Staff may own 6.
      • Some users may be able to own more if they deserve it and have earned it. Earned customs rewarded to members do not count towards this limit.
    • Battle Gryphons may only breed four times as of now.
      • Each nest contains 1-3 eggs though, and this might go up.
    • The moderators and I have every right to give out warnings. If the situation has gone far enough, I reserve the right to ban members (temporarily or permanently), and if necessary, take away gryphons.
      • :D

Last edited by Aravel on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Information

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Battle Gryphons are a large and powerful mammal, often resembling a mixture between a lion and an eagle. (Although it's often said the Fire is Phoenix) There are currently (yes, this might change) four different types of BG (Battle Gryphons). Each one has a slightly different appearance and can manipulate one of the four classic elements - fire, water,air, and earth.

These mammals that take to the skies reach around four feet at the shoulders. They have an average wingspan of twenty-five feet, and can weigh up to five-hundred pounds.

A Battle Gryphon's diet consists of a lot of meat and protein. Depending on the type, most gryphons will hunt for deer, rabbits, squirrels, or vulnerable farm animals. Air BGs really like to snack on bugs, and most gryphons will snack on different berries or herbs.
      Battle Gryphons are known for living in large legions with rankings. They establish ranks through battling for each position. If a gryphon believes they would do better in that position, they would fight it out. Fighting is something considered very noble among the gryphons. Each gryphon has a special set of stats. While their element can influence the stats, they can be very random. For more information on battling, please refer to the Battling post.

The coat color of gryphons can vary. They have been known to have a lot of different animal patterns such as a tiger. However, they mostly come in natural or darker colors. Bright gryphons are common as well, but neon colors are very limited on them, and they are never mostly neon. It is always just a touch of neon added to their coat if any at all. It is a common misconception that the gryphon's coat is based on it's element. Any element gryphon can be any color. Although it may be a little more common, gryphons can be any color at all (within reason.)

Last edited by Aravel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species and Elements of Battle Gryphons

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Water Battle Gryphons have several physical traits
that distinguish them from other gryphons. One of
most noticeable might be their thinner, sleeker
coat of water-proof feathers, much like a duck.
These gryphons are often found fishing in lakes or
streams, and sometimes even the ocean. Their
webbed feet allow for easier movement in water.
Unlike Air and Fire gryphons, they do not have longer
ear tufts nor the extra tail feathers. Water gryphons
often excel in stamina (STA) skills. Their abilities allow
them to manipulate water and water forms such as
ice or snow. These manipulations can only come
from water that is already there. They can not create
or summon water, unless it is in the air already.
(humidity) It is common for them to always keep
water with them or around them to be able to quickly
use in desperate time of need.

---------------------------------------------------

The Air Gryphon is extremely different from the
other gryphons. It is probably the most different.
It has a bunch of extra feathers to keep it even
warmer while flying around at high speeds. But
underneath all of the feathers, the gryphon is
actually much smaller than the average gryphon.
It's build is much thinner, allowing the mammal to
be extremely quick through the air. The beak is
also different shaped. It is not used as much in
fighting much like the other gryphons. The Air
Gryphon uses its beak to catch bugs in the air that
is like a treat to them. Because of their light build,
Air Gryphons often lack a lot strength (STR) but
have a high dexterity (DEX). They cannot create
air, but instead manipulate it to control it. They
often do this with their wings to create tornadoes,
or sometimes, depending on the gryphon, storms.

-----------------------------------------------

The Fire Gryphon is thought to be half phoenix in-
stead of eagle. They have a lot in common with a
phoenix appearance wise, which includes the extra
long feathers located on the wings, the tail, and the
back of the head. All feathers on them are fire-proof.
Like the Wind Gryphons, these gryphons do have the
extra tail feathers and the extended ear feathers. It
has an average size and build like the Water Gryphons.
Fire Gryphons really love exploring and eating larger
prey. Unlike the others, this gryphon can "create" or
"summon" fire by manipulating the heat around them
to point of fire. Some of these gryphons are able to
manipulate electricity to. This could either be from
lighting, or just the normal electricity from a body.
Fire Gryphons often excel in intelligence(INT). They
often find ways to outsmart other gryphons to their
advantage.

-----------------------------------------------

The Earth Gryphon, at first sight, can be rather
strange looking. They are incredibly bulky and heavy,
and their wingspan often is a lot longer to support
their weight. Their feathers are sparser than the
other gryphons. An Earth Gryphon's beak appears to
have rocks formed on. They do not have extra tail
feathers nor ear feathers. These gryphons, although
quite capable of flying, really prefer to stay out of
the skies. They mostly use their wings to get them
to the strong branches of trees, which they can
easily climb thanks to their much longer, much
stronger nails. These gryphons can manipulate the
element of earth, but they cannot create it or
summon it. If strong enough, the gryphon is able
to manipulate metals and gems, which they often
do for armor for others (Not without a price though!)
These gryphons often excel in strength (STR), and lack
dexterity (DEX).

Last edited by Aravel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 am, edited 14 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Social Hierarchy of Battle Gryphons

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Last edited by Aravel on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Battle Gryphons

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Last edited by Aravel on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Battling

Battle Gryphons are skilled warriors and take fighting to the heart. They prepare and train for it since they are little gryphs. When it comes down to fighting, there are two main categories: duels and wars. A duel is between two individual gryphons and often determines rank, mates, food, etc. A war happens between different legions of gryphons over territory, and the victor is determined in a different way.

To participate in a duel, check out the [url]Battling thread[/url]. There you will be able to post a "battle status" of your gryphon with your desired opponent. Your opponent will quote the battle status and post their own gryphon's status. This status will include the stat points of the gryphon, any purchased armor (found in the Store), and links to the posts that prove the stats of the gryphon and the purchased armor. There are two different types of dueling, which will be explained later.

Each gryphon has four different types of stats: strength (STR), stamina (STA), intelligence (INT), and dexterity (DEX). Each stat point can vary, but all are important to each duel. Water Gryphons tend to have higher stamina, Air Gryphons tend to have a higher dexterity, Fire Gryphons tend to have higher intelligence, and Earth Gryphons have a higher strength stat.

Short duels are instant and require almost no work on your part besides finding the opponent, and filling out your battle status for your gryphon. (Well then you must wait for someone to judge it.) Each user can do a short duel every other day. Each duel takes into account each stat, the elements of the gryphons, and the armor they are wearing.

In order to explain this well, I will use an example.
        Gryphon One (G1)
        Element: Fire
        Armor: Strong
        STA: 10
        STR: 15
        INT: 25
        DEX: 10

Gryphon Two (G2)
        Element: Water
        Armor: Weak
        STA: 30
        STR: 10
        INT: 15
        DEX: 5

In order to judge a duel, the judge will add together each individual stats with the other gryphon's.
        G1's STA: 1-10
        G2's STA: 10-40

G1's STR: 1-15
        G2's STR: 15-25

G1's INT: 1-25
        G2's INT: 25-40

G1's DEX: 1-10
        G2's DEX: 10-15

A number generator would be used between 1 and the max number for each stat. Whichever gryphon's range covers the number wins 20 points that will be part of their main score. 80 points is awarded out just for the stats.

In my example, there is a Fire and Water Gryphon. Because water is more effective against fire, that gryphon is awarded 15 points. If the elements of the opposing gryphons are not more effective than the other (fire x fire; water x earth; fire x air; etc) than no points are awarded.

Armor can either be strong, moderate, or weak. Weak armor awards 5 points and every gryphon has this available to them. The moderate armor awards 10 points, and strong armor awards 15 points. Special armors can have varying points and can be earned through different ways.

The total score of a gryphon will be added up, and the gryphon with the most points wins the duel. If there is a tie, it comes down to a random number, with each gryphon assigned a number.

The winner of a short duel will win 2 stat points to add to their stats as well as 5 Sacred Feathers (currency for the store)

A long duel can only happen every other week (per person) and it lasts a week. Saturday to Saturday. It follows the same point system as the Short Duels, but it adds in more and can be more participated in. The Long Duel adds in an art portion and a writing portion. Each are graded on a rubric. Points are determined by the rubric. Unlimited art and stories are allowed. The grading rubrics will be posted down below.

A war happens between two legions of gryphons over a territory of land. This section won't be available until we have a lot of adopted gryphons.
Last edited by Aravel on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Competitions

• Added: April 21, 2015
      • End Date: May 20th, 2015
      • Prizes: The winner will receive a full custom gryphon which they design! (I cannot give the lines, but I will transfer the design over.) This gryphon will NOT count towards the limit AND will have an extra breeding slot with the gryphon they have mated with. (So their mate will be able to have an extra slot too. Yay!). Second and Third place stamps may or may not be used. Each will receive a custom gryphon that DOES count towards the adoption limit. Again, they will design it somewhere, and I will transfer it.
      What kind of competition? Stamp Competition!

I'm looking for a really interesting stamp that we can use to advertise. This stamp will be found in people's signatures and will link back to this topic. Our affiliates will also be using this to advertise us on their page. Extra points will be awarded for smooth gifs. Make it look really nice. You can use anything from this page without having to ask FOR THIS COMPETITION ONLY, or you can draw your own! (I'll add more later! An emergency has popped up)

Last edited by Aravel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Aravel on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Aravel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2674533][img]http://i.imgur.com/1n2bqRA.gif[/img][/url]

Thank you so much, ChickenPopper, for the wonderful stamp!

Seeking Affiliations!

Last edited by Aravel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me