Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Welcome to the Domaer! [currently a wip <3] by jensen ackles

Based on Click to view
Artist jensen ackles [gallery]
Time spent 19 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by sprig

by Guest

by Desmond

by Desmond

by Guest

by Guest

Welcome to the Domaer! [currently a wip <3]

Postby jensen ackles » Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 am

Pronounced Dough-mare

Official Topic // Customs // Breeding // Fanclub // Archives // Adoption

All basic info on Domaer can be found here, for the sake of simplicity.
But If you are interested in going more in-depth, check out the links
above to learn even more about the Domaer!

Domaer is singular and plural. Such as:
Individual: My domaer is gentle.
Plural: Look at all the domaer here!
Female domaer are called: Maers
Male domaer are called: Studs

Information about the species:
    A Domaer's body structure is built sturdy, and strong. They can be found in the wild, but may be tamed to ride. Their natural instinct is observe, but make themselves known. If the animal/ human looks weak, they won't attack (Unless it's prey) but, if the animal is carnivorous, and destructive, they will attack to defend it's self or to make itself look tough. They won't kill though. If they live together it's called a group. Not a herd like horses.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Sun May 18, 2014 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Rules:
  • No complaining
  • No posting for pity
  • No keeping art. If you enter an art contest for a domaer, you must give your art to the winner.
  • Don't be a sore loser, please.
  • Do not steal the species.
  • Any design shown on a domaer are to never be copied.
  • No fighting, play nice guys :)
  • Domaer are atheist, they are intelligent, but can't comprehend thinking of there being some sort of god.
  • If someone says something offending, message me or another mod right away or report it. Do not comment.
  • You must be registered for a at least 6 months on CS and have 400 posts before you can adopt.
  • Please be active in posting.

Ownership Rules:
  • You must be registered for at least 6 months on CS and have 400 posts before you can adopt a Domaer.
  • You may own up to six Domaer, including breedings and customs.
  • Once you own a Domaer, the character is yours.
  • You may not make your Domaer anthro, another animal, or anything else. The design must stay as a Domaer.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Info

Habitat:
    A natural environment is usually in calm forests with a steady supply of birch trees for their bark. They usually live on flat ground, and get water supply from small streams. Though, because they can be tamed for a persons interest, they can live just as healthy in a stable or barn. They get along well domestic, though it may take time to adjust if you have chickens.
Diet:
    Their diet is omnivorous, and can consist of grasses, and small prey. They usually hunt only when they have no grasses to feed off of. The bark on a birch tree is very nutritious and good for their joints. That is why they live near many birch trees in a forest.
    If a person owns a domaer, they may want to supply sweet feed, daily turnout into a pasture with grass, and have logs of birch trees laying around for them to eat and gnaw on.
Domestic:
    When a domaer is domestic, they can be used for carriage pulling, plowing, riding, and can be taught tricks. They prefer to be in large open spaces, and not in a stall for too long. If it's overnight you can keep them in if it's cold, but if wolves are around you may want to keep them outside to protect your stable/ barn. You can ride them in a river as well, they are good swimmers with their powerful legs, but you should braid their long tail before entering the water. They do not respond to negative training, and you will go a lot faster if you have a great bond together. Whips, and such are useless. Spurs will only tick them off. They can jump, like show jumps and logs, but if the jump is too high, they will try and climb it, or run around it. No they can't climb trees, their body weight would snap the tree.
    They can be taught these simple tricks:
      Sit- They are able to sit like a dog could, but sit awkwardly like a horse.
      Shake- Can easily be taught to wave once shake is mastered.
      Roll over- With their large bodies, it can take a while to achieve this trick.
      Grab- They can stand tall on their back legs to grab something that is out of reach.
      Hug- They will sit down, and wrap their paws around your neck.
      Kiss- Tap on their nose and ask for a kiss.
      Kneel- To kneel with both front legs folded, for smaller or disabled riders to be able to get up on.
      Bow- Using 1 leg folded under they can achieve a formal bow.
      Lay down- If children are present, it might be best to have them lay down to avoid children climbing too high or getting stepped on.
      Fetch- Say you lost a toy or something, they are highly intelligent and can retrieve something for you. They must know what you are asking though, so if you ask them to go grab something they don't know or have never seen before they won't understand the command.
Height:
    Domaer can vary in size, but when calculated they are used in horse terms of hands. 1 hand= 4 inches. hh stands for hands high.
    They are range from on average of 15hh-18hh.
Hygiene:
    Domaer are very clean animals, and in the wild, domaer would groom each other and groom each others tails. Domestic domaer will depend on their owner to brush out their tail every day, twice a day too keep it from tangling up in snarls.
Colors:
    Base colors are similar to horses, but can vary to non realistic coat colors.
    They will always have bird catcher spots, and very rarely have none.
    Males will have colorful vibrant tails to attract females.
    Females will remain natural.
    If their paws are white/ very light colored, their paw pads will be pink.
    If paws are black, or dark colored, their paw pads will be black.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs

Postby jensen ackles » Mon May 12, 2014 11:41 am

Customs:
    There can be customs, but you will have to pay. You do not get to choose their markings, but only the base color and eye color.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Breeding / Mates:
    Domaer mate for life. A baby is called a caph or plural- cavhs.
    They always have 2 cavhs. You may choose to put them up for adoption after 2 weeks of them being created, or keep them.
    1 caph will go to the owner of the mother, and the other to the father- unless one of them doesn't want the caph, a player may receive both cavhs, and may choose to put them for adoption or raise them on their own.
    The cavhs will reach the same height as the shortest of the parents.

Breeding Rules:
  • Once a Domaer chooses a mate, it can be bred five times.
  • You may not breed two Domaer of the same gender.
  • There is a two week waiting period after ordered cavhs are born before you can order another breeding.
  • Breedings will always be free.
  • When ordering, you may pay for select features like gender, base coat, or markings. The requested features must be visible on one or both of the parents.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Linearts

Gift Linearts:
    All Domaer owners may color in these gift lines, made by the best people ever! <3

• Nothing yet! ;o;
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates & Banners/Stamps

affiliates

banners/stamps
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Banlist

Postby jensen ackles » Mon May 12, 2014 11:42 am

One Strike:
  • No one yet! Keep it that way!

Two Strikes:

Banned:
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Questions

Postby jensen ackles » Mon May 12, 2014 11:43 am

Questions:
    How do we adopt:
      You go to a domaer that has an adopt me sign, and fill out it's form for a chance to win.
    How many can you own:
      Six for now, but this may change <3.
    What if I quit CS? What will happen to my domaer?
      Sorry but if you quit CS, your domaer will be re-adopted out.
    Can I sell my domaer?
      After a month of owning it, you can re-adopt it out. They are not meant to be sold.
    Can I give my domaer to a friend? They can't adopt, or aren't fast enough...
      Sorry but no. No trading, or gifting is allowed.
    How long do I have to wait to breed my domaer?
      You must wait a month until you can breed your domaer.
    How many breeding slots do they have?
      Unlimited, but they can only breed once a month, usually during the first week of the month.
    Can I get a custom?
      Only during a join.me will I ask if anybody wants a custom. You must pay a 2010 VR for your custom, and may only choose a base color and eye color. I design the rest.
    Regarding sexuality...
      Domaer are very intelligent creatures, and can be any sexuality. Including gay.
    Can same sex domaer mate or breed?
      They can be mates, but they can't breed. Sorry!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Mon May 12, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me