Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

duinnes ✿ adopt one today! by faraday

Artist faraday [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

duinnes ✿ adopt one today!

Postby faraday » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Duinne (dwihn), plural: Duinnes (dwihns)

fan club xxxx artist search xxxx main adopts

Duinnes are an ancient race of tiny androgynous forest spirits. They are very social creatures and spend most of their time with and around other duinnes, however they usually are not very fond of humans. They are very small, and range in size from 4 to 8 inches tall when fully grown. They are all very unique, and will decorate themselves with flowers, jewelry, and even tattoos, much like humans do. They are often mistaken for fairies, however they do not have wings and they cannot fly. They spend most of the day sleeping, and their favorite beds are flowers. Duinnes eat primarily small berries, flowers, seeds, and root vegetables. Duinnes are excellent climbers, and have strong, stout fingers equipped with short claws that help with grip. They are very good at camouflaging themselves with their environment, and can be found hiding under rocks, leaves, and even pieces of loose bark. They are very crafty, and love to cause mischief.

✿ Duinnes are immortal, and most have been around for 500,000 to 1,000,000 years. A duinne has not been born in all of recorded history, however since duinnes are androgynous and lack any reproductive organs, it is still a mystery today where they came from.
✿ Duinnes can be found in nearly every forest in the world, and they vary in color, skin tone ear type, and horn type depending where they are from. If they're from a deciduous forest in Europe, they'll have fair skin and most likely no horns and short ears. A duinne from a tropical rain forest in South America will have dark skin, long ears, and horns that mimic those of an animal found in their forest.
✿ It is common for a duinne to have it's third eye a different color than the first two, however the first two eyes are rarely different colors. The third eye is independent from the first two eyes and will blink at a different time than the other two, and can look in the opposite direction of the other two.
✿ Duinnes love music, and they sing bird songs or imitate human melodies often. Some even craft instruments such as panflutes and will play those, but the music duinne-made instruments make is usually too high for humans hear. Much like birds, duinnes will often sing to each other and harmonize together from opposite sides of the forest.
✿ Since duinnes are such social creatures, it is easy for them to learn human languages, and most duinnes know at least two human languages from listening to humans speak. The duinnes have their own language which consists of approximately 600,000 words, almost 5 times more than any human language. No human has ever been able to learn the duinne language, as it's grammar rules are far more complex than any known human language.
✿ Duinnes, like humans, grown most of their hair on their heads. They also grow a considerable amount of hair on their ankles above their hooves, but other than that they are virtually devoid of any hair on their bodies, and they have very thick velvety skin. Their hair can be nearly any color, however their skin, like humans, can only be found in shades of brown.
✿ Duinnes do not have mates as they do not reproduce, but they can have life partners, which could be compared to a significant other in human society. Life partners are devoted to one another and rarely leave the other's side. They are very affectionate to one another, and do things such as cuddling and kissing. However, these relationships are always platonic, as the relationships are always built off of love and affection, not physical attraction or lust.

✿ Treat all artists, moderators, owners, and duinne aficionados with respecet. Remember, treat others how you want to be treated!
✿ Don't beg for a duinne... with patience, you'll get one soon enough.
✿ Don't claim this species as your own, and don't steal others' duinnes. This means don't remove credit from the species or duinne, and don't take the species off-site without crediting me as the creator and owner of the species.
✿ If you don't win a competition for a duinne, don't complain, and don't guilt trip the winner.
✿ If you adopt a duinne, you may give it accessories. You CANNOT change it's hair, ear type, horn type, or it's design. Don't give it accessories such as baseball caps, sweatshirts, etc. Duinnes wear very little and it's usually based off of ancient human clothing or the duinne's environment.
✿ If you wish to gift your duinne, you must ask first. You can't trade duinnes!
✿ You may own up to three duinnes, unless you're part of the staff. Guest artists can own up to four, and the rest of the staff can own up to six.
✿ You may not sell your duinne, whether it be for online currency or real life currency.
✿ You may not give your duinne powers.
✿ Don't ask for customs! The only people allowed customs are staff. Guest artists can make up to one custom, official artists can make up to three, and mods can request up to two.
✿ If you break any of these rules, you can get a warning or be banned from the duinne species. If you are banned, any duinnes you own will be put back up for adoption.
Last edited by faraday on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:14 am, edited 11 times in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinnes ✿ no posting

If you are caught breaking any of the rules, depending on the severity, you will either be given a verbal warning, or you will be given a strike. Just like in baseball, three strikes and you're out. If you receive three strikes, you will be banned from the duinne species, and any duinnes you own will be put back up for adoption. With this in mind, remember to follow the rules so this doesn't happen to you!

Warnings
  • None yet, let's try to keep it this way!

Bans
  • None yet, let's try to keep it this way!
Last edited by faraday on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

morifarty
vizàviz
SplashofOrangeJuice
yami baishi (guest)

Rivkah
Last edited by faraday on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by faraday on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinnes ✿ under construction

Postby faraday » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

made by Rivkah
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2237519][img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/179/5/8/_duinne_stamp_final_by_rivkah_gradient-d7oc5b5.gif[/img][/url]

Want to be an affiliate with duinnes? If so, shoot me a PM!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Last edited by faraday on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neiroh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh, these are incredibly cute. <3
;u;

K o t o r i M i n a m i

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Image ImageImageImagex
she/they | previously Austria*~ !!
i love art, anime, and video games
art shop | my kalons

Image Image Image
neiroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivkah » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:18 pm

these look promising e u e
I don't check messages here. If you've found me through other websites or communities such as deviantART/Kiamaras, my characters are not for sale and never will be.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks, you two! I'm excited to see how these adopts go over with the rest of the oekaki community...
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Relamune » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 pm

These are adorable!
*silently stalks*