Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kayrah adopts by Irish14

Based on Click to view
Artist Irish14 [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kayrah adopts

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:25 am

All credit goes to TheCalicoTabby
To nursery

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2124246&p=65787654#p65787654

Welcome to Kayrah Adopts

ImageImage

What is a Kayrah?
A Kayrah is a wolf-like creature. Kayrah's are a mixture of a dragon and a wolf, resulting in a long fluffy mane that starts are their forhead and continues down to their tail. They have the structure of a wolf, along with silky fur, but the shape of their heads are dragon-related and Kayrah's have large ears. Will you take home a Kayrah?

ImageImage

Rules

- Give respect to Staff and Owners
- Do not ask to become any type of staff, mod, guest artist, or artist.
- You may only own 4 Kayrahs.
- You may NOT sell your Kayrah for any type of currancy. You may gift Kayrahs, but you must PM the artist of the Kayrah.
- Do not bribe any of the staff to get anything Kayrah related.
- Do not steal anyone's Kayrah
- Do not ask for a custom.[/color]

ImageImage
Normal Sizing
Kayrah are generally 30-50 cm tall at the shoulder when standing straight, although they often crouch low. They are 50-60 cm long, not including their tail, which is often almost as long as their body. Male Kayrah are slightly larger and stronger than females, while females are faster and often better climbers.

About Kayrahs
ImageImage

Coloration
Kayrahs can be any color, as well as any design. ALL Kayrahs have some kind of spotting, and no Kayrah will NEVER have no spots, and this can never be bred out. Although, Kayrahs can have less or more spots that regular Kayrays. Kayrahs can have different lengths of hair, but that is generally rare. Males have more dark or contrasting manes, while females usually have manes the same or a similar color to their bodies.
Their eyes can be any color at all, but they are usually a yellow, orange or redish color.
Blue or purple eyes are rare among Kayrah, and are generally considered attractive.

ImageImage

Kayrah prefer to live in thick forests, often near a source of water such as a stream. They can travel long distances in search of food and territory, but most prefer to settle down when they've found a safe place to live. They are very good climbers, but many dislike the trees, only escaping into the branches when confronted by danger. They prefer to live in borrows, although they are not very efficient diggers, and will usually enlarge a burrow abandoned by another animal or find a sheltered den under the roots of a tree or in the thickest, strongest undergrowth. Rarely, they use caves, although these are often too cold for young. A Kayrah will have one to three well-hidden dens throughout their territory. These dens will usually contain a well-constructed nest of mosses, grass, and fur. Kayrah will only share their dens with their kits or mates, and even the closest friends and hunting partners sleep separately.

The primary food source of most Kayrah is rodents and birds, although they will often eat insects, roots, berries or fruits. Few Kayrah fish, as they are not very skilled swimmers due to their mane.

ImageImage

Behaviors
Kayrah kits are born in litters of two to three. The father will provide for the mother, but will tend to keep his distance while the kits are being raised. Only when they have been weaned at about two months will he begin to take a more active role in parenting, teaching his children to hunt, climb, hide and survive.

At two years old, they will have reached maturity. At this point, they will either stay with the family or leave to find territories of their own. This is usually determined by the food supply and the size of hunting group; kayrah rarely live in groups of more than five.

Kayrah are usually not very territorial--in fact, they often welcome newcomers. Unless food is scarce, in which case they will challenge all trespassers. An aggressive Kayrah will raise its mane and lower its head, pointing its nose towards the ground. If they are confident, their ears will point forwards. A more scared or desperate Kayrah's ears are more likely to be pressed flat. Conflicts are usually solved this way, with the smaller or weaker Kayrah reconsidering its challenge and fleeing. The winning Kayrah will not waste energy chasing them unless they choose to come back.

Kayrah can be domesticated if raised by humans, but most live in the wild.

ImageImage
Staff

Owner
Irish14
Artists
Lotion14
awolfstory

Wingsofnight
K~dog
W h i s k e y.
Dauntlessredpanda
Allyssia_banter
elenah889
FraternalSuns
b r i s i n g r
Ex-Dee
Frozen.

ImageImage

Little banner to support these incredible creatures

Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2122639][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SpNARdP.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2122639][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bdQBRxR.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Last edited by Irish14 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:51 am, edited 64 times in total.
MY old user was ~winter-wonder~
Irish14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kayrah adopts

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:55 am

Artist Rules

> Tess's Rules Apply
> No whining because you didn't get your 'dreamie'
> Don't make others feel Bad
> Artist can have 4 customs each
> Please stick to the realism of the species/ not to many human traits please
>artists can only own 4 Kayrahs
Last edited by Irish14 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
Irish14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kayrah adopts(Seeking artist!)

Postby WolfStory23 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:02 am

User WolfStory23
Why do you want to be an artist? I think this would be fun and interesting
Anything I need to know? Not really but I'm going to my mothers and will only be able to get on the internet at the library and I won't be around after January 4th
Will you try hard? yes
And do you take the pledge to not remove Thecalicotabbys siggy (You have no choice): yes
What color do you want your name if you win? Blue
Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image
WolfStory23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 am

I added you to the color in if I like it I will add you to the staff board :) Thank you.
Irish14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:15 am

bump :(
Irish14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:40 am

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccccccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
Irish14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Irish14 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:40 pm

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump