Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Feather Duster Raptors by Asa Willow

Artist Asa Willow [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Feather Duster Raptors

Postby Asa Willow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Scientists finally did it! They've managed to create real dinosaurs! Well, kind of. These little guys are called Feather Duster Raptors because the fine downy feathers that cover them are so soft they feel like feather dusters. I like to call them Dusties. Of course, you could just call them "FDR" but that's cliche and kind of awkward, since those are the initials of 32nd president of the U.S.

Okay... so what are they?

Dusties are a tiny species of "dinosaur" based off of the famous velociraptor. Except they're even smaller than velociraptors, (real velociraptors are actually only turkey sized!); Dusties are about 18 inches long (That's about 45 centimeters) from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. Dusties are actually fairly social and intelligent creatures and communicate to each other in little chirps, squeaks, yelps, and occasional hisses. Dusties will follow their owner around, and can recognize individual people.

Dusties, however, cannot breed with others of their species, and must be created in a lab. This means that it is not uncommon for Dusties to have special mutations, such as horns, glowing parts, scales, etc. that scientists add when they get bored.

How do I adopt one?

Just click on one in the colored in area below the main picture thing! Available ones should say something to let you know you can try for one. And then what? Well, you just follow the instructions that the scientist posts. It's easy!

What about customs?

Customs are not available at the moment.

○Each custom costs any four of my wishlist pets.
○There will only be two slots at a time. If the slots are taken, they're taken.
○Please, be reasonable. No dusties with medieval war scenes on their sides. You can make it glow, put unnatural designs/colors onto it, have it have a beard, etc... but please don't make it ridiculously complicated.
○What you get is what you get; no complaining.
○Each user is only allowed ONE custom.
○Don't give me a picture of a character. Just an idea or a theme would be nice.

Slots

1. Closed T^T
2. Closed T^T

Form
Code: Select all
Username:
Dusty Name:
Dusty Gender:
Description of Dusty (what do you want it to look like?):
Payment:

Rules

-Only 3 Dusties per. owner at the moment, please!
-Please respect the artist(s).
-Do not spam, complain, quarrel, badmouth, cheat, mini-mod, lie, steal, etc.

Don't make me create a list of banned people. That's not fun for anyone.

More about Dusties...

Basics
Dusties are 18-inch long (45 cm) from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail. They weigh only 1-2lbs.
Their body feathers are extremely fine, dense, and downy, while the feathers on their wings and tails are more large and stiff. Although they have wings, they cannot fly; instead Dusties are able to use their wings to balance, make sharper turns, accelerate quicker, and they can even "run" up nearly vertical surfaces (much like modern chickens). Dusties aren't prone to any health issues, although their bones are hollow and extremely fragile.

Diet
Dusties are carnivores, but will also eat insects and foods high in sugar. Some of their favorite foods are mealworms, grapes, mice, and sugar cubes. Dusties get very sick if they eat chocolate, dog/cat food, or nuts. They also lack the ability to digest dairy. Dusties only really need to have one or two meals a day, although they prefer having snacks throughout the day.

Behavior
Dusties behave a bit like flightless hummingbirds. Because of their high sugar intake, a lot of the time they're almost literally bouncing off of the walls. They sleep for an average of 4-8 hours a day, depending on the amount of sugar they take in. Dusties are quite social and intelligent, and learn to bond with the people they're around more. However Dusties may be aggressive towards strangers or people they've had bad encounters with, and will chirp and hiss loudly at the person, and even nip at their ankles. Despite this, more than anything else, Dusties absolutely love to cuddle, and will often fall asleep in their owner's lap.

General Appearance
Dusties come in a wide variety of colors and patterns, and they can also have special mutations or accessories (such as horns, collars, etc.). One thing that many Dusties share, though, are the stripes/bands on the tail. These are very common in a dusty, and you will see them more often than not. Dusties with thicker tail stripes/bands tend to be more outgoing, but this is not always the case. The most common eye colors are yellow and blue, with green eyes being slightly less common. Red or brown eyes are more rare.

Support the Dusties!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2091350][img]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p560/lovenature100/Stamp_zps0419db36.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2091350][img]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p560/lovenature100/output_eCu2XC_zps84ce16f8.gif[/img][/url]

Affiliates:

Last edited by Asa Willow on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:57 am, edited 37 times in total.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Unfinished Raptor

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Love it so far OuO
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Unfinished Raptor

Postby Kyar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 am

Cute! :) I could totally see this in a coloring book lol. Your style is adorable. :)
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Feather Duster Raptors

Postby Wishbear100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:20 pm

These are so cute! :D Are you going to be holding an artist competition soon by any chance?
Wishbear100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Wishbear100 wrote:These are so cute! :D Are you going to be holding an artist competition soon by any chance?

I'm thinking about it; I'll have to see if they catch on or not first. c:

Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

Characters DA Youtube
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm flattered ;3;

Hello there!

Characters DA Youtube

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oshkosh » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

stalk. stalk. stalk. -w- these are just too adorable.
- commissions closed -

join my art competition!
oshkosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sethh » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm

THESE ARE SO CUUTIE!!! Love them![bookmarking!] When you host an artist comp, I'll be there. [Also. My gallery doesn't help. That was two years ago.]]
quitting but keeping most of my pets, may gift stuff 2 friends
Sethh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 am

Ah thank you guys c:

Hello there!

Characters DA Youtube

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me