Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: ★ Character Design Raffle ★

Postby Raptocidic » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:14 am

I'd like to enter the raffle!

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
What would you do with this character if you win the raffle?
I normally come up with a handful of ideas for the character, and then sit with those ideas for a while before I work on more fleshed out character development. Sometimes this takes a few weeks, sometimes months, depending on how busy or tired I am. (I do most of this behind the scenes, I don't post much of it online.). I do have stories/worldbuilding, although I'm not writing a book or anything. This character would fit into my scifi universe. I'm thinking they'd live either on a large moon with an abandoned asteroid mining industry.

What would you like to see me do more of in the future?
I'm a new follower (I found you through this adopt), but looking through your gallery, I do really like the Lil' Griffins batch you made. This adopt looks amazing, and I'd like to see more anthro adopts from you in the future. Overall I'd be most interested in anthros and critters. Custom lined or base made are both cool. I would be interested to see what you'd do with something like these. I do have a bit of a bias towards mythical and less commonly seen species, but I'm also happy with canines & feline adopts.

What do you think is the best way to sell adopts?
When buying adopts I don't mind either flatsales or OTAs/Auctions. With auctions theres always the possibility that i'm outbid. I do miss out on a handful of flatsales due to my timezone, but that can't really be helped. Overall I prefer flatsales since I know that i'm definitely going to get the character. My biggest spends have mostly been from offer to adopts, including a Tealea lineart adopt that I got into a bidding war over a few years ago. (they're one of my favourite characters, 0 regrets).

For free adopts raffles are a good go-to. This format that included an optional questionnaire was pretty fun. I do like smaller WTAs, ones where you write a few sentences about the character. Larger WTAs I don't normally have the time or energy to do (writing takes me a lot longer than most people).

Thanks for the chance! ^^
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:24 pm

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
      i'd definitely use them for a d&d campaign - i'm super new to d&d and its been a rocky start with schedules not lining up and plans falling through ;-; i actually have the outline for a harengon rogue and i would go absolutely feral if i could just work this fella into place.
      i would loooove to see more humanoid characters because i'm selfish and want to snag one of your designs for a d&d game. your style is gorgeous and i am in love
      an auction with a starting bid of c$/usd or both, and a min increase. dont sell yourself short
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Litwick » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:04 pm

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
I adore cowboy/western themed characters, so I’d probably make them a companion n draw them to death!!
Definitely enjoy unusual species, such as wolverines, or moles, maybe even some types of exotic birds!
Advertising on various platforms and using hashtags/trending words!

I AM NOT ACTIVE ON HERE ANYMORE!
Please find my Toyhou.se and contact me there if…
I OWE ART
YOU OWE ME ART

i’m currently having a
toyhou.se purge, so please feel free to look!
i also have an adopt shop.
Litwick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LanaMyLa TM » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:49 pm

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
i love the design and would love to draw them and buy art of them, i also think they would fit in perfectly in a cowboy themed dnd campaign idea i have brewing! forever DM thoughts lol.
What would you like to see me do more of in the future?`
i adore your art style and honestly just would love to see more of your art, so glad i found you :D
my fav way to sell the adopts i make is with c$ because it keeps it on the site but isn't through pets, but it isn't for everyone.
𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗: 🪙
LanaMyLa TM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kes. » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:50 pm

What a gorgeous character!! I love all of the detail and care that went into this design.

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
I don't have any anthro characters ^^' so it would be great to have one to practice drawing with! She would also be SUCH a good candidate for a DND campaign or something...

This kind of adopt/ref is really cool and would be amazing to see more of. I also love your other little critter designs!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here; sell for real life currency or CS stuff? But I'm not really sure ^^' posting as many places as possible, joining art/character discord servers, etc

[[ TH || DA || FR || ]]

Hiya! I'm Kes, he/him/his, adult.
Skrapple is my gf and we like to gift each other <3

[[ guide to bird pets || sig art credit ]]

kes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TenMillionFireflies » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:32 am

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
I love this design! I made a snow hare warrior design back in February, which I gave to one of my friends. I think this would be a perfect compliment to her! I love edgy anthro characters and I definitely would give her a cool backstory.
Your adopts are all so cool! Maybe some fish-themed adopts? Coral reef and deep sea fish have really cool colors/patterns that I think would look great in your style.
I like to make OTAs where a wide variety of things can be offered. If digital currency is one of them, then I think it would be good to make a minimum price.
TenMillionFireflies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:58 am

Only a couple of days left! Additional questions didn't materialize as I was quite busy these last couple of weeks, but much thanks to everyone who's taken the time to respond to the questionnaire so far—so many kind, insightful words ♡

@Gallifrey, d(^_^o)

@Velot, hello! ♡ thanks for your wonderful write-up. both of those D&D campaigns sound like such fun! I've been itching to run The Wild Beyond the Witchlight since it released but can't seem to scrape the time, lol

@FizzyFennec, oh my gosh vrchat model would be so cool! also, thank you ♡ so kind!

@Raptocidic, interestingly enough, when I was sketching this character I was listening to space western podcast Midst, and can so see this character in a sci-fi story! Also thanks for sharing those amazing bases by spectralFetaher :O there's a sphinx! More lil' griffins is also one of the projects on the backburner, though they might take a year or two to materialize ^^' Also thanks for your insight on the pros and cons of flatsales and OTAs, definitely taking notes __φ(^ᴗ^ )

@bee, oh my gosh a harengon rogue sounds so cool! Scheduling is truly the BBEG of every D&D campaign, but I trust you shall overcome! also, thank you 。゚(TヮT)゚。 ♡ way too kind. i do hope to channel some of my hyper-fixation on TTRPGs into drawing some humanoid designs, they're challenging but also excellent practice

@Litwick, exotic birds you say 👀

@LanaMyLa TM, bless you forever DMs, the TTRPG bubble would burst without you ♡ also, ah ♡ thank you so much

@kes., thank you! I am so happy the care comes across ♡ and I guess my phrasing of that last question was a little off, but I was wondering if people had a strong preference for OTA designs over flatsales or vice versa, if people like seeing raffles and casting their prize up to luck or if they would rather be able to purchase a design, that sort of thing. your answer's good for a raffle ticket, tho c;

@TenMillionFireflies, snow hare warrior sounds so cool (✧ω✧) and deep-sea or coral reef are such a cool idea! oh, maybe some sea slug inspired designs! thank you!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:32 am

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
I'm a huge collector and I have a lot of ideas for western-based characters and worldbuilding right now! She fits right in (and honestly makes me want to do some anthro designs of my own)
PLEASE more detailed anthro ref sheets like this! I love having so many details included on an adoptable's reference, it gives me so much inspiration for their character :3
I think OTA with an AB option is a good middle ground! But if you're not doing it to necessarily earn currency, I also love seeing DTA adopts and raffles like this <3
Rhea/Max
it/they/she/he
adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
xxxxx

stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ Raffle ★ Closed ★ Winner Announced ★

Postby daybreak. » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:17 am

Hec! Time is a weird soup, isn't it? I'm sorry this is coming a day late, but out of 103 total tickets entered into the raffle, dogtreat is the winner with ticket #5!

Truly grateful to everyone who participated and filled out my questionnaire ♡ I loved reading your insights and about your projects. I hope I am able to hold more raffles for character designs in the future, and I hope to see some familiar faces there when that happens ^^

Any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ Raffle ★ Closed ★ Winner Announced ★

Postby ob0321drxzx » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:55 am

congrats dogtreat!! <333

────────────────