Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

. Neko-Avis . [newly discovered species] by dizzy hurricane.

Based on Click to view
Artist dizzy hurricane. [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 5

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

. Neko-Avis . [newly discovered species]

Postby dizzy hurricane. » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:00 am

Welcome to the terra incognita, the Unknown Land.
Here lies mystery, adventure, and fascinating creatures just waiting to be found.
Here, we are always open.

--

Information

Anatomy
Female Neko-Avii [singular; Neko-Avis] tend to weight about 3 kilograms, or 6.6 pounds. A male Neko-Avis can weigh up to 3.5 kilograms [7.7 pounds]. Female Neko-Avii average to about 20 centimeters [7.9 inches], while males average around 25 centimeters; 9.8 inches. The horns on their faces are about 5 centimeters, or 2 inches, long, and the feathers aren't much larger. Sometimes, in record-breaking Neko-Avii, the feathers can be nearly twice that. A newborn Neko-Avis will open its eyes when it is three weeks old. They naturally sprout feathers from their shoulders and hind legs, but usually only one on each leg. They all wear woven belts of vine around their waist, so thick that sometimes it appears to be leather. In addition, they always wear necklaces with different charms on them - some have grass blades, shells, a clump of dirt, a leaf, et cetera. They have flexible bands connecting their back legs, which was supposedly a mistake long ago in a science lab. They can live up to 40 years old.

Ways of Communication
Neko-Avii lack a vocal chord, much like giraffes, so they cannot utter a word. Instead of a verbal communication, Neko-Avii have a system of writing that they begin learning as soon as they open their eyes. This is because their writing is unnatural to their bodies, and takes some time to practice and get down. Since Neko-Avis open their eyes after three weeks, and they mature when they are three years, they have plenty of time to master their writing. If they fail to memorize all 49 characters, they are usually chased away by their own parents, and forced to live with another Clan or another species.
Their characters are written with their horns in the dirt, dug up from the ground, and dried in direct sunlight from sun-up to sun-down. If it is only a quick message to a friend, they can quickly swipe it away once they are through and not preserve it.
If a Neko-Avis is in trouble, they have a reserve vocal chord, but it is so weak that it can only be used for speaking four times. Once a Neko-Avis' vocal chord has died, they usually travel in groups of three or more.

Social Life
Neko-Avii live in groups of around thirty, which they call Clans. They have no organization other than a leader, but usually the strong Neko-Avii are noted and carefully avoided. They usually build their dens near rivers, but far enough away from loose sand, for a constant supply of water as well as dirt hard enough to sun-bake. Neko-Avii are paired usually with a match outside of the Clan, which they meet on their training trips and border patrols. Quite often, a Neko-Avii will become best friends - or worst enemies - with a Sai-ten, another creature on their world.

Diets and Hunting
Neko-Avii often hunt small birds and rodents, and sometimes lagomorphs. Neko-Avii often hunt alone, and scale trees absolutely silently, giving them a good hunting technique. They will often climb a tree and pounce on their prey below them, or, if it is a bird, they'll sneak behind them on the tree and attempt to attack their throats. Neko-Avii avoid hunting Willow Ptarmigan at all costs, even if it is winter and prey is minimum. They will sometimes eat winter berries such as barberries, red clusterberries, or firethorn.

--

History

The first Neko-Avii was found by an Alaskan scientist, who was roaming their island for an unknown reason. This Neko-Avis was crouching down, writing in the dirt, and the scientist was inspired. He watched from a distance, but the Neko-Avis had sensed him. It ignored him, for he was really none of its concern. The scientist watched as it sun-dried its' dirt-message, and later he went to read it.

All he saw was a mass of scribbles that looked somewhat relevant to hieroglyphics. He later followed the Neko-Avis into its den [which was large enough for three grown men to walk through at once] to find drawing on the walls, much like an Egyptian tomb. He could make out a Neko-Avis in one picture, but it had nothing between its back legs like this Neko-Avis did. He was curious, so he looked on. What he gathered from it was unknown, though, because the Neko-Avis had attacked him, and he fled. He had a hunch that the Neko-Avis did not want to be discovered, so he left it alone.

Neko-Avii have lived only a decade since then. It was a very recent discovery. Neko-Avii have learned to attack humans at first sight since then.

--

Rules

- Follow all of my directions, or you won't get a Neko-Avis. If you already have one, it will be taken away
- Listen to Eiria and I
- These are not first-come, first serve
- Don't use text chat
- Don't take these off-site
- Always credit me
- If you no longer want your Neko-Avis, please contact me and it will be adopted out to somebody else
- If you disobey a rule, your Neko-Avis will be adopted out. Am I clear?
- NEVER, absolutely EVER, steal!

--

How to Adopt

Pre-Made
Under the image above, you can find the thumbnail images of adoptable Neko-Avii. Click on the one that catches your eye, copy-and-paste the form into your own reply, and you can fill it out there. Be sure to read the post, though, before you apply, because I might have an additional rule set up, or someone might have already won that Neko-Avis.

Custom
For right now, we are not selling Customs. In the near future, however, we may.

--

Guidelines for Adopting

Pre-Made
- You have the option to try out for as many as you like, but you can only win one per litter
- Only take it if you know you want it
- Make your form look nice, and not clogged with text talk, for a better chance of winning him/her over

Custom
- Please don't ask and beg about customs; I will start them eventually.

--

Map

Click on the species to learn more about it.

ImageImage
ImageImage

--

Archive

None, yet. We're just opening! (:

--

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where are the forms? I don't see any!
A: Since we don't have customs yet, we needn't post a universal custom code on here. The forms for the Pre-Mades are on their individual posts, as for some we will be changing the forms due to different things.

Q: Are there any accessories?
A: No. Not yet, at least. I'll be working on some soon, but as Neko-Avii already have vine belts, I'm going to have to be a little creative on the accessories. And right now, I'm through with creativity.

Q: Will you ever have customs?
A: I can probably manage to set up a custom form later. Just be patient.

Q: Will there ever be breeding for our Neko-Avii?
A: I don't know. As these are a new creature, I'm not going to jump straight into breeding and customs both. Just keep an eye out. It'll be tricky to set breeding up, though, so I'm unsure when I'll finish it.

Q: Is there a Neko-Avis Role Play that I have to join?
A: You don't have to join if you don't want to. I'm about to set up a Role Play, but Neko-Avis owners will have the choice to join. I don't want to force owners into a Role Play.
dizzy hurricane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: . Neko-Avis . [newly discovered species]

Postby Vivid » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 am

May the best species win. >=)

Hi.
I'm Vivid.
This signature is under construction :T
Vivid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dizzy hurricane. » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Pfft, that'll be you.

previously soul;
call me hurricane
u should visit my world of text
dizzy hurricane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dizzy hurricane. » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:11 am

I knew they were bad.

There are two currently up for adoption.

previously soul;
call me hurricane
u should visit my world of text
dizzy hurricane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me