Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

GEM DREAMERS - Artist Search Up! - FCFS Event by Horse

Based on Click to view
Artist Horse [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Horse

by Horse

by Horse

by Horse

by Horse

GEM DREAMERS - Artist Search Up! - FCFS Event

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 am

Gem Dreamers
Singular: Gem Dreamer - Plural: Gem Dreamers - Nickname: Gemie [ Gem - ee ]

on thread
rules - how to adopt - more about the species - staff - events ( artist search is up! ) - questions & answers

off thread
nursery - role-play - archive

What is a Gem Dreamer? wrote:A Gem Dreamer is an adorable, short, fluffy creature. It holds magic powers in its two gem charms. Gem Dreamers' powers depend on their gems' colors. Gem Dreamers use their magic to protect themselves, help them communicate, and sometimes, have fun! Some of an individual's gem is grinded to dust and is sprinkled on top of the Gem Dreamer for extra strength and power. Gem Dreamers are very friendly and social, except when defending their offspring and searching for a mate.
Last edited by Horse on Sat May 02, 2015 8:24 am, edited 24 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 am

Please follow the rules! If you don't, you might get a strike. They're really easy to follow- don't worry! <3

Rules for Adopters and Staff

- Follow cs' rules.
      - Always respect staff members and those who post on the thread!
      - Don't use bad language.
      - Be friendly, polite, and respectful.
      - Follow the artist's adoption rules on the thread with the Gemie you want to adopt.
      - Do not steal/copy this species ( Making gift-lines of Gemies, drawings of Gemies for competitions to get one, or fan-art is fine! Just give a link back to this thread/give credit! )
      - Don't claim the species as your own
      - Never remove/edit my signature! Just don't touch it <3
      - You may adopt as many Gemies as you wish!
      - No spam, please <3
      - Ask Horse about taking off-site
      - When you first adopt a Gemie, your Gemie will automatically become a loner. You are aloud to choose which kingdom they will be in [ once the kingdoms are created ] <3 . See "more information on this species" below.

Rules for Artists

- Never touch my signature, please!
      - Make at least one Gemie per week.
      - Let me know if you are going to be inactive for whatever reason.
      - If you are inactive for a while and do not let me know, I can remove you from your artist position from this species.
      - Don't do major line edits unless you ask and I say "yes". Feel free to add small accessories, like jewelry, scarves, etc. Feel free to make minor line edits if you feel you are experienced enough, like adding more fluff, hair, reshaping the mask, reshaping the horns, etc.
      - You can have two custom Gemies, each made by you or another artist <3 !
      - Don't post forms asking for profit ( CS pets, C$, etc. ) to adopt a Gemie unless you ask me first <3/or if I give you permission to ( ex: Whoever sends me a bunny gets this Gemie, Whoever bids the rarest pet wins the Gemie, etc., etc. )

Rules for Moderators

- PM me once a week to let me know you're active on the thread. The message can just say "I'm still here!" if you want it to c; !
      - Let me know if you are going to be inactive for whatever reason.
      - If you are inactive for a while and do not let me know, I can remove you from your moderator position from this species.
      - You are responsible for kindly dealing with and solving conflicts and problems on the thread (spam, advertising, rule-breaking, etc).
      - You can have one custom Gemie, made by you or an artist <3!

Strikes/Bans

None! Perfect <3
Last edited by Horse on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

how to adopt

So, How do I Adopt a Gem Dreamer?

Under the main picture on the top of the page, you will see many little pictures of different Gem Dreamers. Click the Gemie you like to see if it's up for adoption. If it is up for adoption, check out how the artist wants you to adopt it on that page! He or she may want you to fill out a form, make artwork, etc. to get the Gemie. I hope you find the Gemie you're looking for c; !
Last edited by Horse on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

more about the species

Species Information

Reminder: When filling out forms for Gemies and stuff, keep in mind that Gemies are wild in nature <3 They can have accessories and stuff, but they don't draw, read books, look on computers, etc. Although, some Gemies can be kept as "pets". These Gemies can be read to by owners, sit on an owner's lap while the owner is looking at the computer, etc.!

What is a Gem Dreamer? wrote:A Gem Dreamer is an adorable, short, fluffy creature. It holds magic powers in its two gem charms. Gem Dreamers' powers depend on their gems' colors. Gem Dreamers use their magic to protect themselves, help them communicate, and sometimes, have fun! Some of an individual's gem is grinded to dust and is sprinkled on top of the Gem Dreamer for extra strength and power. Gem Dreamers are very friendly and social, except when defending their offspring and searching for a mate.

Gem Dreamers' Gem Charms Each Gemie holds two charms- on on a necklace and another hanging from a string wrapped around a Gemie's tail- that holds a gem. Each gem contains a specific power. Each Gemie uses their powers to protect themselves, to help them survive, to interact with other Gemies, and for fun! A Gemie's gem's power depends on the gem's color. Take a look at the color list below. The color is on the left, and the power it gives the Gemie is on the left.

Gem Colors & Their Powers wrote:Red - Makes a Gemie strong and powerful.
      Has power to control, start, and put out fire. Can
      withstand strong heat- Gemies with this stone can
      walk through fire. Can breathe fire.
      Orange - Has the power to
      control creatures other than Gemies.
      Yellow ( Yellow ) - Controls light. Can make eyes glow
      to guide self in dark areas and in the night.
      Also uses glowing eyes to blind enemies in
      fights. Has some connection
      with fireflies around- can control fireflies
      and can make them blink their lights.
      Green - Controls vegetation. Has power to
      make plants grow quicker and
      can control plants.
      Blue - Controls water. Can breathe in water,
      create waves, and move water.
      Purple - Controls wind. Can create
      tornados.
      Pink - Has the power of love. Can make
      others fall in love, but this power cannot be used
      on other Gemies. Can lure in prey by tricking prey
      by singing a melody.
      Black - Controls shadows and can disappear.
      Can move shadows to any set angle.
      May disappear to help hunt or to help
      kingdoms during battle.
      White ( White ) - Has power to fly. Is lighter than
      other Gemies.
      Rainbow ( Also incuding black and white ) - Has all
      known Gemie powers.

Rainbow gems are the rarest gems that a Gemie can have. Very, very few Gemies have this gem.

Gem Dreamers always have gem charms; they are never found without gems. However, a Gemie may have a broken or cracked gem. This usually has no effect on the Gemie, and if it does, it only limits the Gemie's powers by a little. Broken or cracked gems are very rare, but cannot be fixed.

Gem Dreamers' Masks Gem Dreamers wear masks when hunting and battling. They protect their faces from any danger. Masks can be any color and any shape. The masks are very strong and are very hard to break. You will never find a Gemie with a broken or cracked mask. Gem Dreamers take off their masks only when they are with their family and trusted friends.

Gem Dreamers' Kingdoms Gem Dreamers live in groups called kingdoms. Kingdoms consist of a "King" or "Queen" ( or both. Two mates can lead. ) , a "Prince" or "Princess" ( only one. The Princess or Prince is second in command. This Gemie does not have to be related to the King and/or Queen. ) , and the "subjects", or those who follow the King and Queen.

The King and Queen make decisions for their Kingdom, as they are the leaders of their Kingdom, and are rather kindhearted and friendly. They never show cruelty to their Kingdom and often try to be friends with their Kingdom members. They often lead and participate in hunting parties, along with helping out Gemies do common chores around their territory. They are devoted to their Kingdom and overall they are helpful and kind, though they will battle for their Kingdom if their Kingdom is in danger.

If Kings and Queens have Gemie offspring, the offspring will become subjects and will be watched over by the King and Queen. If a King or/and Queen dies, a Princess or Prince will become the new leader. He or she will lead with the remaining King or Queen, unless the King and Queen have both died. If this is the case, the original Princess' or Princes' mate will lead with him/her and be named "King" or "Queen".

The Princesses and Princes of kingdoms are quite similar to Kings and Queens. They are helpful, friendly, and kind towards their kingdom. They are the second in command. They help the King and Queen make decisions along with taking control of their Kingdom when the King and Queen are gone.

Subjects are the followers of the King and Queen. They help with the common chores of Kingdoms, like hunting, watching over young Gemies, practicing magic, and collecting herbs. Most subjects like to socialize, so seeing a group of Gemies playing together is very common.

At night, a Gemie Kingdom usually sleeps together in a single den to keep warm.

Gemies who have not yet found a Kingdom are called "loners".

Gem Dreamers' Wings Wings are not uncommon on Gem Dreamers. Many Gem Dreamers are found with wings, but only Gem Dreamers with white gems can fly.

Why can't Gem Dreamers without a white gem fly? No one really knows why some Gem Dreamers have wings if they can't fly, but a known reason of why they can't physically fly is because their fluffy, thick fur weighs them down. Their wings are also too small for them to take flight.

Gem Dreamers with white gems and wings are able to use their magic gems to help lift them up and fly. Gem Dreamers that have white gems and but do not have wings are able to use their magic to float.

Gem Dreamers' Horns Some Gem Dreamers are born with horns. Horns are not uncommon on Gem Dreamers. Gem Dreamers with horns have the advantage of fighting off predators and enemies more easier than Gem Dreamers without horns.

Gem Dreamers' Diet Gem Dreamers eat a variety of things. They can eat meat, nuts, vegetation, fruit, and vegetables. They mostly eat nuts, vegetation, fruit, and vegetables, but also hunt smaller creatures than them, like mice and small birds.

Gem Dreamers' Build & Look Gem Dreamers are short critters, no more than two feet high, with fluff and fur on them. Their legs are short and their tail is very long and fluffy. Gemies come in many colors and have a very large variety of patterns. Unforunatley, due to their bright colors, and short legs that make it hard for them to run fast, Gemies are an easy target for predators. On the bright side, Gemies' eyes are big so they can easily catch a predator sneaking up on them from far away and defend themselves with their powers.
      MORE INFO TO COME
Last edited by Horse on Sat May 02, 2015 10:22 am, edited 11 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff - mod apps open

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:20 am

Staff

Horse
      owner - moderator - artist
      Horse wrote:Hey there. I'm Horse, a fabulous gal who loves horses (obviously) and drawing stuff. If you have questions about Gem Dreamers, feel free to PM me!

Join the Team! We're looking for moderators! PM Horse the form below to try out to become a moderator for the thread!
      Code: Select all
      I'd like to become a moderator for [i][b][color=#400080]Gem Dreamer Adoptions[/color][/b][/i]!
      [b]Username[/b]:
      [b]Nickname[/b]: [ optional ]
      [b]Why would you like to become a moderator?[/b]:
      [b]How active are you?[/b]:
      [b]Let's say...  You see someone spamming the thread.  What do you say/do?[/b]:
      [b]Let's say...  You see someone being disrespectful or rude towards another person on CS.  What do you say/do?[/b]:
      [b]Let's say...  You see someone disobeying the rules.  What do you say/do?[/b]:
      [b]Anything else (: ?[/b]: [ optional ]
Last edited by Horse on Fri May 08, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

events

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:22 am

Events

Summer Splash
Jump into summer with a splash! Coming soon.

Artist Search
'Wanna be an artist? Well head on over!

First Come, First Serve!
Grab a Gemie while you can!
Last edited by Horse on Sat May 02, 2015 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

question & answers

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:25 am

Questions & Answers

Someone wrote:Can I be a Gemie staff-member?

Only if Gemie Adopts is looking for or is accepting staff members, you may apply to be a staff-member!

Someone Else wrote:Can I make Gemie fan-art or gift lines?

Yeah! Go ahead! Just give a link back to this thread and give credit.

Another Person wrote:I don't want my Gemie anymore. What do I do?

PM the Gemie's artist, or post on the Gemie's thread, and say that you do not want the Gemie anymore. The Gemie will be put back up for adoption.
        Another Another Person wrote:I already submitted a form for a Gemie that has been put up for adoption again, but I did not win the Gemie. May I post my form again for the Gemie that has been put up for adoption a second time?

Yes; feel free to.

A Human-being wrote:Can I have a custom Gemie?

If custom slots are open, then yes, you may. Customs may cost CS pets or C$. Otherwise, please don't ask for a custom Gemie!
Last edited by Horse on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 am

res
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 am

res again
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

open for posting!

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:45 am

You may now post, mark, etc.! The species will soon be finished <3 !
    I go by Horse! I'm a chill person who enjoys
    making music and writing. I love animals and
    horseback ride, which explains the username.
    I'm not too active. I may be slow to respond.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me