Hawks ways to sleep

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Hawks ways to sleep

Postby Hawk WillowWatcher » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:44 pm

Hawk is a tired (partial) insomniac
Hawk wants sleep
Hawk needs sleep
Hawk is barely functioning

Do you need sleep?
Feel free to give suggestions to add to the list!

The quick list

Drink hot tea
Take a relaxing bath
Take melatonin
Listen to relaxing sounds
Try Sleeping in a cold space
Try sleeping in pure darkness

If all else fails… GIVE UP, currently this is my only option

Thanks to

Honeycat; “ there's a lot of things you can try. if you have melatonin, maybe take some. or a sleepy tea. try to relax, keep the room dark with no distractions, have a good sleep environment. use white noise. keep your room cool, but your feet warm. you might need to unwind some so do something for a bit to help with that then get off your electronics. it's harder to sleep after being on your phone or something for awhile so get off, sit for a bit and try to sleep. dont eat too close to bed, avoid caffeine. and try to keep that routine.”

Feel free to use this as a discussion page to!
Last edited by Hawk WillowWatcher on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageAdopt your own. Kitters!made by pheonix
Hawk WillowWatcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hawks ways to sleep

Postby NerdiestOfLords » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:47 am

Most classic white noise like storms or actual white noise drive me crazy, what I have found helps is listening to youtube videos of video games i play a lot. Easyily identifiable noises and calm human voices, no screaming. My favorites are people like Camelworks, DangerouslyFunny and FudgeMuppet. Outside of gaming Baumgartner Restoration is an art conservator with a really soothing voice and a poetic way of speaking, the noises in his videos are of the soft variety, no sudden sounds.
NerdiestOfLords

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hawks ways to sleep

Postby Sashtato » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:11 am

I have ADHD which makes falling asleep difficult sometimes. If I'm having a racing thoughts kinda day I either play my comfort show in the background with my eyes closed (my comfort show is Bee and Puppycat) OR I play an audiobook if I need to make sure the room is dark. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it works for me!

My insomnia manifests mostly in being able to stay asleep though. If my meds don't work and I can't go back to sleep I'll sometimes just get up out of bed. I try to not stay in bed any more than necessary if I am not sleeping so my body associates it as a sleep only space. I'll go get some tea and go back to bed or sometimes I'll lay on the couch and fall asleep there as just the change of location helps me get back to sleep. If I can't fall back to sleep though at least I've removed myself from bed so I'm not awake in bed and I'm usually doing a relaxing activity, which doesn't eliminate the need for sleep but it helps my body rest somewhat still.

My favorite sleepy tea is Lavender Chamomile! Other blends exist too but I find that lavender works really well for me and chamomile is classic. Its a pretty easy to find tea blend!

Edit to add:

A reliable sleep schedule helps a lot too! I can experience some really extreme consequences of not sleeping enough (I need a MINIMUM of 7.5 hours. Any less tends to result in seizures for me) which has encouraged me to have a very consistent sleep schedule. It isn't perfect, but I try to be in bed before 9:00 so I can be awake for work around 6:00 the next morning. I try to give myself more than enough time to account for disturbances such as waking up several times throughout the night. If I can I like to be in bed even earlier at 8:30. I know it seems silly to have a bedtime as a big kid or adult but it really makes a huge difference for me because my body knows when its time to try to wind down. Getting a good rhythm in your body is so important! I know people preach it a lot and it doesn't get taken seriously all the time because everyone's life is different but my personal experience is that it helped me so much.

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato