Work Stories and Rants!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Work Stories and Rants!

Postby imperfectforyou » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:18 am

Hello all! I tend to play CS a lot while on the job, as I work at a desk and only have limited duties. I would love to share and hear some work stories, rants, and any content related to your job!
There have been other forums similar in the past, however they are long deserted and the original posters have been inactive. I think this could be a great space to relieve some work-related steam!

About me

Before I share any specific stories about my job, I would love to give a general idea of my work position. I work as a BDC (Business Development Center) service agent at a dealership in a rather large city. I essentially work the role of a receptionist: answering calls, scheduling service appointments, and redirecting calls to correct departments. I work alongside another coworker who does the same tasks as me. My desk is fully decorated to my taste, and I would love to share pictures in the future!

Rules

Rules are simple!
1) NO SHARING PERSONAL INFO. This includes full names, business titles, and locations. Do not share anything you would not normally share when following CS site rules.
2) no ASKING other parties for personal info

Thank you and I hope we have some fun!
imperfectforyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Work Stories and Rants!

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:22 am

context for the story : i work in a fireworks store.

im also not from the us, therefore outside of the us customer service does not include any sort of small talk, e.g «hows your day», «hows the job going» is really unappreciated because were all just trying to do our job, not to make friends with some randoms. strangers who try to do small talk with you as a worker are really creepy and they are MOST LIKELY asking you these things with inner motives.

so, now that i got that out of the way... the creepy old men. i hate them man. they do this. i would be just explaining them how to use this specific pack and they would try to ask irrelevant personal questions that have nothing to do with my job. one time someone added my boss in telegram trying to hit them up, thinking it was me because they found their number on an ad, assuming it was mine.

oh, or when im explaining the rules they would insert their critique about it. like what do you want me to do about it? id be like «so this specific sample flies around for a minute and leaves a colourful smoke behind» and THEY WOULD BE LIKE «HMPH. So no sound?! Thats heresy!!!! They make so many useless stuff now!!! Show me the good stuff instead of tuis garbo!!» Drop the attitude sir.

also one time someone asked me such a ridiculous question, basically the dude was trying to buy fireworks to fend off the foxes or some other rural forest animal, and the thing is they asked how loud it is. i was like, loud enough to scare an animal. but they kept insisting that i tell the exact amount in hz or else theyre not buying that. what? so i literally just took the box and pretended to read some text on the back and said a random number of hz ( measure of volume ) and it... worked.

i dont hate my job but i hate people who want to beef with me because i exist 😭

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imperfectforyou » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:34 am

pisto pesto pasta wrote:context for the story : i work in a fireworks store.

im also not from the us, therefore outside of the us customer service does not include any sort of small talk, e.g «hows your day», «hows the job going» is really unappreciated because were all just trying to do our job, not to make friends with some randoms. strangers who try to do small talk with you as a worker are really creepy and they are MOST LIKELY asking you these things with inner motives.

so, now that i got that out of the way... the creepy old men. i hate them man. they do this. i would be just explaining them how to use this specific pack and they would try to ask irrelevant personal questions that have nothing to do with my job. one time someone added my boss in telegram trying to hit them up, thinking it was me because they found their number on an ad, assuming it was mine.

oh, or when im explaining the rules they would insert their critique about it. like what do you want me to do about it? id be like «so this specific sample flies around for a minute and leaves a colourful smoke behind» and THEY WOULD BE LIKE «HMPH. So no sound?! Thats heresy!!!! They make so many useless stuff now!!! Show me the good stuff instead of tuis garbo!!» Drop the attitude sir.

also one time someone asked me such a ridiculous question, basically the dude was trying to buy fireworks to fend off the foxes or some other rural forest animal, and the thing is they asked how loud it is. i was like, loud enough to scare an animal. but they kept insisting that i tell the exact amount in hz or else theyre not buying that. what? so i literally just took the box and pretended to read some text on the back and said a random number of hz ( measure of volume ) and it... worked.

i dont hate my job but i hate people who want to beef with me because i exist 😭

very interesting the difference in communication standards! and absolutely, it does tend to be men. people just tend to expect everything to work how they imagine, and if that's not the case, they throw a fit. i hope you are happy and enjoying the job otherwise!<3

My tongue is sacred, I speak upon what I like
Protected, sexy, discerning with my time
Your energy is yours and mine is mine

What's mine is mine

My face is sitting, I don't need no disguise
Don't comment on my body, do not reply
Your business is yours and mine is mine
imperfectforyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imperfectforyou » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:53 am

WORK CONTEXT: I work as a BDC (Business Development Center) service agent at a dealership in a rather large city. I essentially work the role of a receptionist: answering calls, scheduling service appointments, and redirecting calls to correct departments. I work alongside another coworker who does the same tasks as me.

As you can imagine, people wanting their car fixed aren't gonna be in the best mood from the get-go. But when you add an additional lack of understanding of the structure of a dealership, as well as self-entitlement, situations like the following happen:

A lady calls me regarding a safety recall on her vehicle. Nothing out of the norm. However, right off the bat, she seems to be expecting a mechanic to have had answered the phone. Which, is not how this works. Mechanics work on cars, they do not answer the phone. She is essentially wanting the nitty-gritty details of how the recall will be performed, which as a simple receptionist, I cannot answer. I proceed to tell her I can schedule her appointment, and/or send her to a service advisor's phone to get those details. She VERY reluctantly agrees, and I place her on hold to page an advisor.

When I put a call on hold, anyone in the dealership can pick up within approximately a 4 minute timespan. If they are busy, it will ring back to me and I take the customer's information to give them a call back.

Not TWO minutes roll by, and she is calling back. Meaning she didn't wait for an answer, and instead hung up to call me back. Here is our general conversation from there:

"Listen, I dont have time to wait on the phone all day. Just tell me about the recall."

Me: "Im so sorry ma'am, they must be busy at the moment. Like I said, your recall will be free and *list more details i can provide here* If you want, I can take your information and have them call you back ASAP!!"

"NO, I do not want to wait on the phone. I dont understand, all you're telling me is you can schedule me or get me to someone else, Im trying to talk to you."
(EXACTLY? THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO TELL YOU????)

me: "Ma'am, my apologies but I cannot personally provide you with that information. I'll have to take your information."

"LISTEN, I KNOW I'M BEING BELIGERANT, BUT YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I NEED, OTHERWISE YOU COULD TELL ME."

My coworker finally notices I've been going back and forth with her for about 8 minutes now. At this point, I was newer on the job, so I wasn't really aware of how and when to cut off the conversation. She finally takes the phone and simply says "Yes, ma'am. I'm so sorry. We will have them call you back!" Then hung up.

And that my friends, is how I learned to have a limit with my customers' behavior.

My tongue is sacred, I speak upon what I like
Protected, sexy, discerning with my time
Your energy is yours and mine is mine

What's mine is mine

My face is sitting, I don't need no disguise
Don't comment on my body, do not reply
Your business is yours and mine is mine
imperfectforyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:32 am

Hi there, we do not allow threads with the sole purpose of ranting/venting.
You can review our code of conduct here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4410814#p131726680

Please let staff know if you have any questions or concerns!
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me