Favourite Cryptid?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Favourite Cryptid?

Postby mossbell » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:03 am

I want to expand my knowledge of cryptozoology and find some cool new cryptids !! Please tell me about any cryptids you like, the spookier the better. Infodump all you can.
mossbell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Favourite Cryptid?

Postby dustbunni » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:19 pm

The Jersey Devil has always been my ultimate favorite, but Fresno Nightcrawlers, Squonks and Capaill Uisce are also up there!
dustbunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarEater » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:40 pm

Mothman 100% I am kind of obsessed. Also squonks make me happy
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓹𝓪𝔂 𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓫𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓿𝔂 𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓭

𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝔂 𝓼𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽...

Leo/Fern
it/it's/any
bingo_the_dingo on discord, TheRealMothman on toyhouse and cara (please talk to me I'm always bored)

𝓗𝓸𝔀 𝓯𝓪𝓻 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮?
StarEater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:47 pm

Oh man I love cryptids. My favorites are Jersey Devil, the Fresno Nightcrawlers, and Mothman. I also recently learned of another really cool cryptid: Akhlut. They're basically land orcas and I adore them. I have a whole bunch of cryptid-related pins too, like a jackalope, the Chupacabra, Cthulhu, and more!

Edit: Oh yeah, there's one I've been kind of hyper-fixated on lately! Shape-shifters. (We all know what they're really called, but don't say the real name because some legends say that if you speak it, it draws them to you.)
Like, did you know that the louder they sound, the further away they are? And if they're quiet, that means they're really close to you. Legends say that it's because when something sounds close, you'll want to run away from it, but you'll probably end up running straight into them. They're also crazy good mimics. If they hear someone's voice even a little bit, they can mimic the voice almost perfectly. The thing is, though, you can usually tell if one is speaking to you because the voice will be monotone, and sometimes just sound like an audio track playing on repeat.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Okabudge » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:53 am

The Poptropica cryptid island is what got me interested in cryptozoology back in the day and ever since learning about El Chupacabra, I’ve been fascinated. Although I do have a soft spot for the mothman and even wrote a paper about it in high school.

I think one of my favorite lesser known cryptids has gotta be the Maltese tiger. There’s nothing spooky about it, it’s just a blue tiger. I think the reason why I like it so much is because it’s nothing spooky or supernatural- cryptozoology is all about finding creatures that could exist- and I think that a tiger with a mutation that would cause blue-ish fur is far more plausible than a red eyed monster that topples bridges and heralds disaster. Finding these more mundane things could open the door to acknowledging something more outlandish.

budge | he/him | adult
just your average guy trying his best. i draw sometimes!
my inbox is always open if you need anything~
gallery / pets / message
sig source

Image Image Image
Okabudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Let's see I'd like to say Bigfoot because I live in washington and well honestly his posters are everywhere but my most favorite has been Mothman and 3rd favorite is The Lochness monster
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:52 am

THE FLATWOODS MONSTER!!! i love its appearance so much. it's so shapey and it wouldn't be anything without its(her?) spade-shaped head. i actually dressed up as it for halloween last year, but no one recognized who I was, so i got really sad. the fresno nightcrawlers are another favorite. they're such creatures. =]
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

"But what did I expect? You're a stupid, stupid idiot gamer like the rest."
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
◖current robot enthusiast◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catnip. » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:43 am

When i was in high school, we could earn extra credit by doing a presentation on a cryptid. I chose to do the Ningen. I highly recommend looking into it, definitely my favorite cryptid.
current goal:
finish 2015 collection
1015/1033 (98.3% complete)
catnip.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me