Preferred text size and color

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Preferred text size and color

Postby nickjr » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:50 am

What are your preferred text size and color? Why? Do you have different preferences for your own posts vs. posts that you read?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Preferred text size and color

Postby Cherry » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Hey, nickjr! Long time no see. c:
On a site I play, it allows you to choose your default post color, so I chose a nice, pretty readable light pink (very similar to the general helper color here, but more peach), so my posts there are always customized. But here, if it's not a personal thread or I don't have something I want to make look pretty, I keep everything standard (when I do choose a color, it's a good navy blue and a pretty purple-pink [it's the same every time]). I don't get why people make their font smaller, because then it's *too* small. Seriously, I can't read it and I have mostly normal eyesight, so I can only sympathize with those who have worse vision than me.
In the past I've tried making it larger and doing random colors, but unless it's tasteful, it generally looks a little immature, and it's too much work. I like light grays for posts, though, it's really pretty, but any color that is't blinding or looks like a finger paint shade, I'm fine with it. I love pretty colors.
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:48 am

-waves- Buried under real life lol

I turn up the sizes of everything wherever possible on my devices and browsers. And then I come to CS and people are using size 85 or 90 and/or this awful light gray that contrasts so poorly against the post backgrounds (which are the same across all themes, last time I checked) and I cry because I have to do something different just to read those posts when I've already turned up the sizes of everything

Usually I don't do anything and I just ignore them. It's not worth my time to do something different to read those posts, especially because I'm usually on my phone. Highlighting doesn't help with readability on iOS since the highlighting aesthetic is different, so I either have to blow up my screen or use the quote button, both of which disturb the reading flow and then I have to go back to reread. Ugh.

For reference, I'm not old; I would've been COPPA'd when I joined CS if CS had done the automatic COPPA thing back when I joined. :lol: Nor is my eyesight that bad; I'm not close to being legally blind, and I can navigate just fine without my glasses. I just can't see detail without my glasses.

And my glasses are of great quality and I wear them all the time, including when I'm on CS...

I hope that says something
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Exactly--just because the OP likes it, others aren't guaranteed to be able to read it. There's also a fine line between gray and unreadable gray on here, like you said, haha. Not quite sure why people do that...
Maybe we're the only people who even think this is worth talking about. XD
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Off the Hook » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:36 pm

I would sometimes do [list ][/ list] and size 85 text, but most of the time I only use [list ][/ list]

"Let's wake the sleepin'
    giants with our sloppy
    sonic science!"
Off the Hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:40 pm

I can't stand when people use any font smaller than the default size-- it makes it way too small and hard to read, especially when people type a really long post in it. I also like regular black text, because quite a few other colors are either blinding or impossible to see. So many people use small, pastel fonts, and I usually give up on reading them. Quoting or copying would work, but it's just too much work to read something on here.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║