Looking for 'newbie-helpers' - applications closed. choosing

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Looking for 'newbie-helpers' - applications closed. choosing

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm

The new official Newbie Helpers will know who they are within a day or two.
For anyone who misses out, don't forget there is nothing stopping you from doing the job unofficially, so if you were serious about your friendly intentions then please do continue looking out for our newer members. There's nothing stopping you.

If you can't be bothered to read this topic properly then you need not apply.

I am looking to recruit a group of official 'Newbie-Helpers' (that is, people who help newbies, not newbies who help... :lol: )
This is NOT a regular staff job, you won't gain any special powers, customs, pets, or other benefits, so don't apply if that's all you're after. This is simply about selflessly helping out your fellow chickensmoothians and generally ensuring the forum is a friendlier place to be.

What you will get is a special colored name and rank so that you are easily spotted around the forums, and access to a private board where you can chat with the other newbie-helpers.

Your duties as a newbie-helper:
* Newbies will be encouraged to contact you via PM if they need help or have a question about the site, so you should reply to their questions in a friendly manner (even if it feels like the answer should be obvious)
* You should regularly check the CS questions board to see if there is anything you can help with
* You should regularly check the Introductions board to make sure everyone has been welcomed to the forum, because a few members don't even get 1 reply :(
* Wherever else you spot a member needing help understanding something on the site, please do step in and assist them. I see too many people get flamed for not quite understanding things, and it really needs to stop.

A lot of the job will just be directing users to the right places to find information, such as the 'is this trade fair' thread, or to specific areas in the help section.

I want only friendly, helpful, patient and knowledgeable people for the job, so preferably members who have been here for more than 6 months, and have no recent warnings.

Just to re-iterate: there are no special powers or benefits of the job, you will just be a regular member with a different coloured name who likes to help others, and wants to help keep CS a friendly place.

Applicants please fill out this form:

How old are you? (this question is optional):
You've been a member for how long:
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?:
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?:
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?:
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?:
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link:
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?:

If you have any questions please post them here
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Looking for 'newbie-helpers' - apply within!

Postby Chry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:13 pm

I just want to take this opportunity to say that you have done so much for us tess, creating this awesome site, and I would like to give you a big thank you :)

How old are you?: Im a 20 y.o female >.>
You've been a member for how long: Since September 08 ^^
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: . . . Pretty much all day everyday xD and thats no joke ;)
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Yes, I do. I know all the ins and outs of this fantastaroonie site ^^ . . . I remember what it was like to be new, no one was ever there for me really, so i want to be there for others :)
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Yes, i did a course on customer service and this was one of the biggest parts "Do not lose your temper if you get the same question over and over". When you are selling medication to people, you need to be ready to hear the same things over and over :)
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: Because I want to help you tess, and I want to get to know people :) and I think it would be a great feeling to know that I am helping others :)
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: Yes i am an admin and a moderator on my own forum
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: Consultants? Customer Service Representatives? Help Desk? Information Technicians? Tessa's Little Helpers? xD . . . Um. . . hmmm. Informational Directors? FAQ Guru's? OH wait, Guru's. . . Guru's are pure awesome. Information Guru's. Help Guru's. Newb Guru's? xD . . . It shall go ON!!!
Last edited by Chry on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alhelí » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm

This sounds wonderful. ^^ Great idea, Tess.

How old are you? (this question is optional): I'd prefer not to disclose. A lot of people tend to judge by age, so I've taken to not posting it in applications like this.
You've been a member for how long: Since September, 2008. So, quite a while.
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: At least an hour every day. Usually more.
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Definitely.
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Yes. I'm a very patient person on the internet.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: Because I'd love to help out the newer players. I never got any help when I just joined, so I think it'd be nice to share my knowledge of chickensmoothie with the newbsters. ^^
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: I moderate this website.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ? Oh.. I'm not sure. XD I'm not good with group names.

Edit; I like Chryseis' suggestions 'Help Desk' and 'Customer Service'. ^^
Last edited by Alhelí on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

who wants to be right as rain?
it's better when something is wrong
you get excitement in your bones
and everything you do is a game

dAtumblrpottermore

Alhelí

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:24 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): 20
You've been a member for how long: Since Oct 08, but i adopted pets a while before that...wish i still had them. lol
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: everyday several times
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: yes, i have read all the rules and alway look at new threads
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: yes.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: I like to help people. Also i'd like to help get CS back to thed way it was, a much nicer unselfish place.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: sorta of. i use to be admin/mod/co/owner of many "cults" aka groups on a site called Vampirefreaks, but i am not anymore.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: CSCS (ChickenSmoothie Customer Service)XD, im not sure...
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirimi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional):
You've been a member for how long:started in May 09
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: alot maybe once everyday
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?:Yeah, I've learnt alot
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?:Yep, I'm quite patient and love to help others
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?:Its nice to help people out and help newbies give a starter rare pet. Plus, it felt so great when a newbie went like "THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH I like absolutely LOVE it!" when I gave him/her a starter pet
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link:I don't think
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: not really. I like it like that. Random ideas:
newb crew-LOL :lol:
I like this: Newbie Mods/Moderators (sorry it sounds funny)
questions by me:
how long will the newbie helpers last for? Is it like for a day, week or forever or something? I'd love to be one
Last edited by Kirimi on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sort of inactive, will only be popping on once in a while ^^
i apologise for the late replies
Pet's name: Hoshima {nft}
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Kirimi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toxictwitter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): 11
You've been a member for how long: Since November 08, came here in July though.
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: Pretty much all day every day, I guess. Except for Sundays where I'm at church until 4pm.
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Yes
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Y es, dealt with it many times on many sites.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: I really know how it feels being a newbie with tons of questions, which I'm sure we've all experienced. I've seen, and had it happen to me, too, people that get called stupid, or told they act like little kids because they don't know something. I'm tired of it and would really love to help out with this, and I have at other sites as well.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: I 've had a couple websites of my own, which ended up being closed after a while. Other sites I've been a mod/admin on have as well. I've lost the link to one, but the one I am currently a moderator at is this: Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: If I did they would be horrible lol. I'm bad at coming up with names, sorry.

This is a great idea Tess, I'm sure it'll help alot of people :3
toxictwitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): 19
You've been a member for how long: Since Fri Nov 06, 2009
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: I'm on pretty much everyday all day.
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Yes, I am a fast learner and I feel that I learned the ropes of Chicken Smoothie rather quickly. Despite the not so nice beginning with yourself. ;)
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: No question is stupid.. if you don't know, you don't know. But to answer the question, I am the most patient person I know lol.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: I am a helpful person by nature, so coloured name or not I still direct and help when and where I can.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: I did my own moderation on http://www.my-horse-club.com/ I was asked to become an official moderator but I never took it up as I was beginning to be less active on that site. And I moderated/owned guild created forums for online games back when.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: No sorry.

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Narcisa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional):17
You've been a member for how long: september 2008
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: monday to friday 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: yes
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: yes
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: because i want to keep all newbies feel welcome, not lost in the site , did anything that made them banned / modded.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: kinda ... well i used to be a leader of a club here in CS the club name was: DA PINOY CS CLUB!!! ( it was a pinoy club for filipinos and half filipinos thats why its in the international board...but I think it not right to put a club in the international board :? ) but nothing went wrong there...hers the link :http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=79962
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ? umm no...i think newbie helper is good to hear

thanks for doing this tess :) ! i always wanted to help some people who are lost :D
Special Needs Education Major - Filipina - Art Enthusiast - Caffeine Addict - Introvert
Ungrouped pets (900+) are up for adoption. Just send a request. I don't bite. Hehe.
Avatar drawn by me. DO NOT STEAL.
Narcisa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Aqua Mist wrote:questions by me:
how long will the newbie helpers last for? Is it like for a day, week or forever or something? I'd love to be one

pretty much indefinately (i.e. there is no time limit :))
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alhelí » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 pm

I have a question; when will you choose the newbie helpers? (:

who wants to be right as rain?
it's better when something is wrong
you get excitement in your bones
and everything you do is a game

dAtumblrpottermore

Alhelí

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery