TheComfortCorner | v.6

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | v.6

Postby Roadhog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Roadhog wrote:
I'm sobbing right now.
I want to join band soooo bad because my only few friends+people I like are in it, and I want to make new friends+get my other gym credit+go to disney to perform+play the saxophone
I need some re-assurance or something. I well.. just.. uh really want to do this because I do nothing but plays/musical(s) and I really want to get involved in band. The people there are like me, really nice, my only friends, and I think it would be a great experience.
my dad supports me with wanting to learn it/join band, but my mom meh not really.
She tried to tell me "If you join you HAVE TO STICK WITH IT" and talked for 10 minutes about staying with it, not being mean, and other junk.
I'm just I.. I don't even know right now. I just really want to do this, but I really don't know.....
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

SilverGorilla wrote:
Hi c:
I need help focusing really bad 'cause I have work to do and I'm stressing out.
I want ideas that will help me focus more on what I am supposed to do (i.e homework).
I heard listening to music helps but I can't really do that cause I don't have any music and I have too little data left to watch youtube videos on them.
Any and all help is wanted! Thanks!

I would advise doing the work in chunks. take it one worksheet, one paragraph, a few questions at a time. set a goal - "I want to accomplish this worksheet" and set a reward "after I finish this worksheet, I will take a five minute break". it works for me. I've recently started a project for civics, and needed to do research. so I did some research, wrote stuff down, and cited the website. and then I took a small break. I didn't even look at the work, I kind of just sat there and relaxed. and then I came back to it with a fresh mind.
if breaks don't work, maybe snacks would? like put a bag of snacks out of reach of wherever you are and once you accomplish something, take a few. positive reinforcement <3
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:02 pm

z.ombie wrote:
please help. i dont know how to feel about my father and i have to get my feelings straight.

first off, my dad likes his vodka. he comes home after work and likes to pass out on the couch. he also has to smoke atleast five times a day to "feel normal".
second, he's very selfish. to me it seems as if he doesnt care about my mothers health whatsoever. when hes not drunk, he likes to turn on the tv and watch his stupid russian movies.
third, he's very rude. when he wants me or my brother to do something, we have to do it. he wants everything his way. i cant think of any instances on the top of my head, since there are just so many ive lost track of them. for example, for some reason he hates when i reply with the word "okay" instead of "yeah: or "sure" or whatever. he would stomp into my room and get so intimidating and so close. sometimes he would hit me as well. ive been taking self defense classes and i want to fight back, but i cant. he'll just get even more mad and it would turn into an all out battle of whose the strongest.
i try to ignore him now, but i remember a few years back, when i just started realizing how terrible his addictions were. it hit me very hard. i used to cry thinking about how other kids have fathers who cared about them, and did little things like bake and tell stories to show love. my father usually takes us somewhere by force, if not we just stay home all day. it sucks.

heres the second side to the story though. i feel so terribly bad for him. this is always usually my emotion towards people- i may hate them with a passion, but at the same time, i feel so sorry for them.
my dad is very smart. my mother has told stories of him being able to read a russian newspaper by the age of five [which i believe is true]. when i have a question about a history problem, he always has the answer. and i hate to see him waste his life on drugs instead of what hes capable of. it makes me want to cry.
he also has no close friends except for work partners [hes a carpenter]. he doesnt have anyone to have a good laugh with either. he usually entertains himself with the internet and the tv. he hasnt lived his life to the fullest, and thats what gets me heartbroken.
and my mother has been very affected by him as well. most husbands support their wives both emotionally and financially. he doesnt really do that. my mother usually cries to herself when she struggles with her emotions. my mother has no one to turn to. shes working two jobs which require a tremendous amount of work, and shes on the verge of possibly retiring. she is older than the average mother, to say it nicely. adding on to her stomachaches and work, she has my fathers addictions dragging her down as well.

theres still more to say, but ive got homework to do. id appreciate any advice given.

Hey, do you have any siblings? If you do, try and discuss this problem with them... and try to find a time where your father is in a good mood and confront him about his addictions and problems. Try and have your mother there in the background just in case, and always have a phone ready if something were to happen. Start off by asking him why he has these bad habits, and encourage him to stop. Say things like... you would hang around him more and be nicer, if he tried stopping and being rude. This is a time where you need to be open. You need to say everything honestly. Include every single one of your concerns. Say truthfully that he intimidates you when he's drunk. If he has a bit of sympathy in his heart, I expect him to agree and try to be a bit nicer. Nothing's going to happen if you let his bad habits continue. If he still doesn't consent, bring in your mother, tell him how he is affecting her as well.

Now... I kinda thought this on the top of my head, and it may seem like really bad advice, but I really do think you should talk to him formally about it. Goodluck!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverGorilla » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:06 pm

Roadhog wrote:
Roadhog wrote:
I'm sobbing right now.
I want to join band soooo bad because my only few friends+people I like are in it, and I want to make new friends+get my other gym credit+go to disney to perform+play the saxophone
I need some re-assurance or something. I well.. just.. uh really want to do this because I do nothing but plays/musical(s) and I really want to get involved in band. The people there are like me, really nice, my only friends, and I think it would be a great experience.
my dad supports me with wanting to learn it/join band, but my mom meh not really.
She tried to tell me "If you join you HAVE TO STICK WITH IT" and talked for 10 minutes about staying with it, not being mean, and other junk.
I'm just I.. I don't even know right now. I just really want to do this, but I really don't know.....

As someone who has been in band for 5 years now, I would say just do what makes you happy.
I remember my mom said those exact words and I did band and loved it.
All my friends are in it too so I see why that is a good reason to join.
Band taught me a lot! I learned that it helps you be more expressive and open towards others, which is something I lacked before band.
Also, if you do decide to join you'll probably end up being friends with the rest of the band!
Remember, though, if you are having trouble playing your instrument, it's okay! People usually don't master an instrument when they get it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I enjoy trades so don't be afraid to send one!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm trying to collect every pet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Trading CenterCollection Stats
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Don't be afraid to shoot a PM!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SilverGorilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm

SilverGorilla wrote:
Hi c:
I want ideas that will help me focus more on what I am supposed to do (i.e homework).
I heard listening to music helps but I can't really do that cause I don't have any music and I have too little data left to watch youtube videos on them.

so you need it on homework? or something more in particular? because i would definitely help you with homework issues. i take an extracurricular class that involves studying and improving overall on all of my classes, which would include preparing for what comes next. basically i know a few tricks and tips for studying and just homework in general. so if that's what you specifically needed, you are welcome to send me by a message or reply openly on this thread.

Ploegy wrote:
I feel like absolute garbage because this sick feeling just keeps nagging me and I just wanna rest since I have a long day of classes tomorrow, but my partner for this project wants to meet up yet tonight and he takes forever to respond. It's frustrating and only giving me a headache which I don't need right now

okay, if you're sick, don't push yourself. you deserve a break. go rest, tell your partner that you can meet up some other time or he can take care of the rest of the project. if you're sick and just keep pushing yourself to do more things when you don't even want to, that's not going to help. if anything take a rest. see if you get better. if you don't, go to the doctor's and they should handle the situation from there. whether that be prescribing medicine or giving you medical advice. i hope you get better <3

cyndago wrote:
    my dads trying to control
    my career, and he's so rude.
    i cannot stand him.

keyword; trying. your dad can't control your career, as much as he might like to. let him know that. stand up for yourself and don't let people walk all over decisions that should be made by yourself and yourself only. sure, a little influence from people is fine, but if it's getting to the point that you can't stand them please talk to them and explain how you feel. if you're old enough to get a career at least you will be able to move out soon.

|space oddity| wrote:
    quite disheartened bc basically
    me and my boyfriend agreed to not spend money on each other this Valentine's Day
    but we were allowed to create things

so I discovered the idea of getting people from around the world to write
    "s/o, Kourtney's love for you is so big its reached (place)!"
    and a handful of people from CS have helped which I appreciate more than words

but I feel like it's flopping
    I wanted at least 14 (14th of Feb etc.)
    but can't seem to get more than 4 :(

starting to feel like it was a super dumb idea
    and now I don't know what to do
    bc he's making something and he's so talented and creative
    that no matter what I do it's gonna look so dumb

that wasn't a dumb idea, don't say that! just come up with another idea, i know you can do it! you can find your special talent and make him something. figure out what he likes and then get some ideas off of that. if you're good at drawing, draw him something. it doesn't matter how good the gift is as long as you, by yourself, put a lot of effort into it! i'm sure he will appreciate the thought regardless of whatever it is.
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seventh scripture » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 pm

i'm honestly contemplating on quitting cs
nobody trades or talks with me anymore, some of my best friends ignore me
i just feel bad kinda ?? i don't know
hi! you can call me jal.
seventh scripture

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 pm

_flower.child_ wrote:i'm honestly contemplating on quitting cs
nobody trades or talks with me anymore, some of my best friends ignore me
i just feel bad kinda ?? i don't know

if it would benefit your person life then do whatever is best for you. you can always make new friends though or discover new hobbies. such as drawing, writing, etc. there are many things to do and improve your overall talents on. but i get that at some point everyone has to quit and life just gets in the way of this game. so we would all understand. you would be deeply missed. remember that this decision should be made by you. though, your friends might have reasons not to reply, and you might want to hold a trade thread so that people notice you more. hope things turn out alright ! you can always talk to me if you need a friend or something.
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talkshow boy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

oml why does school have to be so stressful
i have a major test coming up, over a book, that's worth almost half my grade.
and i'm just so p a r a n o i d that i'm going to completely fail it. seriously, i can't retake this class because of a test that we can't re-do.
apparently there's going to be a lot of inference questions and who said what quote. who made up each group, questions about really specific things. i can't remember stuff like that! my brain doesn't work that way.
why do teachers even do this, ugh. this was just something i needed to rant about.
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby SilverGorilla » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm

storm coming. wrote:
SilverGorilla wrote:
Hi c:

so you need it on homework? or something more in particular? because i would definitely help you with homework issues. i take an extracurricular class that involves studying and improving overall on all of my classes, which would include preparing for what comes next. basically i know a few tricks and tips for studying and just homework in general. so if that's what you specifically needed, you are welcome to send me by a message or reply openly on this thread.
~snip~

I could definitely use tips for studying mainly because I forget to study for every quiz/test.
Primarily, it is homework related but I need help on preparing for culminating. I have to find four new sources by Thursday and I keep getting sidetracked by games on my phone that keep grabbing my attention. I'm not really good at planning and I work best at night, which isn't good since I have to get up at six am.
I had a snow day today and planned to do some today, but I got far too distracted by tv and games. I hope this helps give a basic run down of my problem.
SilverGorilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm

I wonder what happiness really feels like.
I know I felt it in the past, but that was a while ago.
I mean, things make me happy sometimes, but what was it like to just wake up and smile at the world? Where did that good attitude go? Why is every day a struggle?
I feel like I start every day unhappy, and sometimes good things happen, and I really do appreciate the people who have helped me and been there for me through it all.
But what's it like to start the day happy? What is it like to have a day that's entirely good? What's it like to not be constantly fighting an uphill battle, one you frequently lose?
All I feel is loneliness.

I wish my dad would call me. I told him yesterday that I didn't deserve his attention, and that it wasn't worth calling me, but I wish he'd call anyways. I just...I can't call him. I know I'm an idiot, but I could really use him right now...or anyone.

I just want thinks to be okay again...

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me