TheComfortCorner | v.6

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | v.6

Postby spooks. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am

uugh i wanna lose wight.
i wanna work out.
but how do i ask my mom if i can?
like, how do i bring it up?
we have a membership to the ymca, so i could totally workout there if i wanted to.
i just can't seem to bring it up. i don't have the guts.
what if she says no?
what if she makes fun of me?
what if she brushes it off as a phase and doesn't give me a chance?

i want to change.
i want to be a healthier version of myself.
i'm tired and bored of being jiggly.
i want to start working out, how do i tell my mom?
we eat nothing but junk food at my house, and i'm tired of it.
i want to eat healthier, and i want to exercise.

anybody have and ideas? how do i bring it up without getting super embarrassed?
how do i ask? how do i get over myself and just spit the words out?
how would you phrase it without her thinking i have issues?

just how do i go about asking/how do i react if she says no?
baby you're a haunted house
better find another superstition
spooks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 am

Oh my god.
My boat crashed like a week ago and I lost EVERYTHING. My home, my kittens my possessions all gone so I have to stay at my Nana and Poppa's until we can move onto our smaller boat. My Nana has dementure so she gets all her information from my Poppa because otherwise she can't understand whats going on, that would be fine but you see, my Poppa isn't the nicest of people.
He invited us into his home and then INSTANTLY starts telling us what to do (which would be fine if he wasn't so damn rude about it) and I hear him at LEAST once a day complaining about us. Least night I heard him call me a spoilt brat, and he often has a go at me for being lazy. The problem is he's forgotten what it's like to work so every three minutes he's harrasing me for lying around and doing nothing but at the same time he keeps pushing me to believe that this place is my home. Home is a place where I go to RELAX, not be pushed around and critized. I also have depression and anxiety and I can literally FEEL it all coming back after all my progress and so I HAVE to move out at some point because emotionally, I can't take it. He also has a habit of saying we don't look after our dog;

Oh she's way too skinny you don't even feed her! - It's the breed AND she has short fur, just because your used to big fluffy dogs doesn't mean she's unhealthy.

You never even exercise the thing, that's why she keeps on running away! - She keeps running away because you take her out early in the morning when we're sleeping and then don't keep an eye on her and the grumble later and shove all the blame on us. And we excercise her, we don't spend all this time away from the damn house sitting in the car, we go places and we take her to the horse place down the road (We used to do work around there so they like us) and we let the dog off and she loves seeing all the people and the horses and just running around in general.

IAnother problem is, because he always used to insult me and my family while I was in the shower (he thought I couldn't hear but I very much could) and so now I get WAY too nervous to have a shower there but I don't really get the chance to shower anywhere else so my dad's getting grumpy at me for it and my Poppa's taking advantage of the fact that my dad doesn't like it to have a go at me for it.

The dog is literally the only thing I have left and I lost our last one to the road and he's so careless with my dog but he doesn't care what I think or say and I just, this isn't fun guys. Sorry for the long post <3

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby critter » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:37 am

So, two guys asked me out.

Yay.

I'm about as straight as a circle, so I turned them down, and I'm too lazy to write my whole problem.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm chasing my dreams,
catch you on the flip side <3
last checked 1/15/23
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
critter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:47 am

I'm sobbing right now.
I want to join band soooo bad because my only few friends+people I like are in it, and I want to make new friends+get my other gym credit+go to disney to perform+play the saxophone
I need some re-assurance or something. I well.. just.. uh really want to do this because I do nothing but plays/musical(s) and I really want to get involved in band. The people there are like me, really nice, my only friends, and I think it would be a great experience.
my dad supports me with wanting to learn it/join band, but my mom meh not really.
She tried to tell me "If you join you HAVE TO STICK WITH IT" and talked for 10 minutes about staying with it, not being mean, and other junk.
I'm just I.. I don't even know right now. I just really want to do this, but I really don't know.....
Last edited by Roadhog on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxial » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:51 am

i would love to vent here
i just can't get my
problems into words

so uh
don't worry about me.
<33
galaxial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snow's Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:56 am

I want to leave so badly. I am capable of leaving. But if I leave, my mother and brother will start fighting again. And these aren't mother-son petty little fights. These are "oh my gosh they're actually going to hurt each other and I have to call the cops again" fights. I hate being here, and I have the ability to move out at any time, but I'm worried about my brother. I am the mediator in their fights; if I leave, I don't know what will happen. The question is: should I be selfish and leave to live my own life, or be selfless and live trapped in this place until my brother can leave with me?
Snow's Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saturnz barz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:07 pm

quite disheartened bc basically
    me and my boyfriend agreed to not spend money on each other this Valentine's Day
    but we were allowed to create things

so I discovered the idea of getting people from around the world to write
    "s/o, Kourtney's love for you is so big its reached (place)!"
    and a handful of people from CS have helped which I appreciate more than words

but I feel like it's flopping
    I wanted at least 14 (14th of Feb etc.)
    but can't seem to get more than 4 :(

starting to feel like it was a super dumb idea
    and now I don't know what to do
    bc he's making something and he's so talented and creative
    that no matter what I do it's gonna look so dumb
saturnz barz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:57 pm

I feel like absolute garbage because this sick feeling just keeps nagging me and I just wanna rest since I have a long day of classes tomorrow, but my partner for this project wants to meet up yet tonight and he takes forever to respond. It's frustrating and only giving me a headache which I don't need right now
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:49 pm

please help. i dont know how to feel about my father and i have to get my feelings straight.

first off, my dad likes his vodka. he comes home after work and likes to pass out on the couch. he also has to smoke atleast five times a day to "feel normal".
second, he's very selfish. to me it seems as if he doesnt care about my mothers health whatsoever. when hes not drunk, he likes to turn on the tv and watch his stupid russian movies.
third, he's very rude. when he wants me or my brother to do something, we have to do it. he wants everything his way. i cant think of any instances on the top of my head, since there are just so many ive lost track of them. for example, for some reason he hates when i reply with the word "okay" instead of "yeah: or "sure" or whatever. he would stomp into my room and get so intimidating and so close. sometimes he would hit me as well. ive been taking self defense classes and i want to fight back, but i cant. he'll just get even more mad and it would turn into an all out battle of whose the strongest.
i try to ignore him now, but i remember a few years back, when i just started realizing how terrible his addictions were. it hit me very hard. i used to cry thinking about how other kids have fathers who cared about them, and did little things like bake and tell stories to show love. my father usually takes us somewhere by force, if not we just stay home all day. it sucks.

heres the second side to the story though. i feel so terribly bad for him. this is always usually my emotion towards people- i may hate them with a passion, but at the same time, i feel so sorry for them.
my dad is very smart. my mother has told stories of him being able to read a russian newspaper by the age of five [which i believe is true]. when i have a question about a history problem, he always has the answer. and i hate to see him waste his life on drugs instead of what hes capable of. it makes me want to cry.
he also has no close friends except for work partners [hes a carpenter]. he doesnt have anyone to have a good laugh with either. he usually entertains himself with the internet and the tv. he hasnt lived his life to the fullest, and thats what gets me heartbroken.
and my mother has been very affected by him as well. most husbands support their wives both emotionally and financially. he doesnt really do that. my mother usually cries to herself when she struggles with her emotions. my mother has no one to turn to. shes working two jobs which require a tremendous amount of work, and shes on the verge of possibly retiring. she is older than the average mother, to say it nicely. adding on to her stomachaches and work, she has my fathers addictions dragging her down as well.

theres still more to say, but ive got homework to do. id appreciate any advice given.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverGorilla » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi c:
I need help focusing really bad 'cause I have work to do and I'm stressing out.
I want ideas that will help me focus more on what I am supposed to do (i.e homework).
I heard listening to music helps but I can't really do that cause I don't have any music and I have too little data left to watch youtube videos on them.
Any and all help is wanted! Thanks!
SilverGorilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me