TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby christina. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 pm

rough day...im hurting so much i cant really type
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,
i wanna get off but i keep ridin’ the ride

bailey ♥ she/her ♥ my kalons
christina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rip gabe

Postby ~empty~ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 pm

i met a boy named gabrel and he fell into a coma 9 months ago and 2 days ago he died

i want to know how to cope with his death
~empty~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 pm

grr. wrote:
i really really really want to gift a few users who i believe deserve it, but at the same time i dont want to trade some of the pets i have worked endlessly to trade for and obtain. ughhh,,, am i being selfish??

No, it's perfectly understandable. If you want to gift these users, gift them what you'd be happy to spare and include a nice message. I often find that thoughtful messages are really what make the gift. It's easy to send a trade, but typing out something heartfelt takes effort.
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: rip gabe

Postby thou art I » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I do not really have any coping skills, though. :<

listo.
"𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍. 𝕴 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖞 𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊."
thou art I

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: rip gabe

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Sorry for your loss, I don't know anything either. When i lost my pets witch i know its not the same thing i just tryed not to fall into depression, Tryed to keep myself happy, and not to let my emotions control me
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:33 pm

My exam and final marks for the first semester come out tomorrow. I'm not overly worried about my other subjects, but I'm just about certain that I did abysmal in science. I'm really nervous and praying I don't get yelled at.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

decembuary; wrote:well, grades were sent home !
all A's, except for two A-s argh

they are in science & art; i had an A- in art last time, and although i improved my math grade from an A- last time to an A this time, instead my science grade fell from an A to an A-

what am i gonna do?? my teachers have a little section where they can put number/letter thingies that correspond to different things; i got an R1 in all classes except for science & math (R1 stands for "excellent" and i think it's based on how i act in class)

it sounds like i'm freaking out over nothing because i got R2 (stands for "good") in science and math and my mom is gonna surely interrogate me very angrily when she sees this and she'll start accusing me of not putting my heart onto studying and whatnot when i tell her i have no idea what i'm doing wrong

my mom is way too strict and she's always really ticked off that i got an A- last time in art because she has it in her mind that i'm some mini da vinci or something when really all i can do are some good scenery drawings and draw animals reasonably well

i'm really scared about what my mom will say to me?? my mom only thinks i tried my hardest when i get a good grade even though that's really not the point
the fact that my art grade has absolutely no improvement what so ever will only help support her claim that i'm not trying my hardest and i seriously don't want to be yelled at again
my mom and dad had a huge fight the other day so now both of them are in bad moods a lot of the time and that'll only worsen my mom's attitude

however, my mom is always very scornful toward my math ability (really slow when i'm solving problems) and she yelled at me the other day and ranted about how i'd get an awful grade like a B+ or something
well, (my school doesn't do A+) i got an A in math, which is very nice! last time, i had an A-;

my mom focuses a lot on my flaws and whatnot which is extremely annoying because she's generally quite strict
my english teacher dropped in a "your daughter is incredibly talented in the area of writing! undoubtedly one of the best in all of my classes"

ah, here's to hoping that comment from my english teacher and my improvement in math will curb my mom's anger.

It sounds like your mom is putting too much pressure on you to not only succeed but to be perfect. I know it means a lot right now to have her approval and that her scorn not only scary but probably hurts, but just know this...no matter what she says you are doing INCREDIBLE. Don't let her scorn get to you. She is probably doing it because she wants the best for you and knows that you have high potential.

I personally don't agree with the idea of putting that much pressure on your child, but I do understand why she is doing it. Just know it's not your fault. Some subjects just come a little more naturally to people than others and it seems like your weak points are math a science, but that doesn't mean you're not doing great. You really are and you could be doing much much worse!

This isn't helpful advice on how to tell your mom or how to deal with it, but what I will say is no matter what she tells you be proud of your grades. Even if she thinks it's you "not trying hard enough" I can promise you that you are doing a great job. So be happy for yourself. Be proud of your scores and stand tall because even though I've said it a few times now...you really really are doing a great job so keep it up!

avery. wrote:rough day...im hurting so much i cant really type

Just hold out. The day will pass just like any other day will and you will survive it just as much as you have survived a good day. When in doubt try to be positive, and if you really can't...that's fine we all have bad days and feel down. Just keep remember to keep fighting. Tomorrow will be here soon.

Greenleaf wrote:My exam and final marks for the first semester come out tomorrow. I'm not overly worried about my other subjects, but I'm just about certain that I did abysmal in science. I'm really nervous and praying I don't get yelled at.

Miracles happen even when you expect the worst. I once had a final exam that I accidentally missed 20 minutes to because my alarm didn't go off. I was worried that my teacher wasn't even going to let me in the room, but she thankfully did and to make matters worse I didn't even have time to finish the test.

I KNEW I did terrible. I was so terrified that I had ruined my chance, but by some crazy miracle and despite my critical judgement of my own abilities I actually did really well and got the exact score I needed. Point is even when you believe you did terribly that could just be you being critical of yourself.

Even if you don't do well just know it's not the end. There is always time for redemption so don't let it get you too down :) it's okay to make mistake!
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coincidence. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:42 pm

How do I deal with stress?

cis-female • straight

Big fan of Shawn Mendes, Alessia Cara,
and The Chainsmokers!
Favorite songs:
-Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
- Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift
- Roses by Shawn Mendes
-Closer by The Chainsmokers
- Praying by Kesha
coincidence.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twozier » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 pm

hi i've never posted here before, but i could use some advice
i'm bisexual; and I've known for a while now, but I haven't come out due to fear of being rejected.
my parents and most of the community around me is homophobic, and they all assume I want to date / marry someone of the opposite gender
it just makes me really uncomfortable and sad to think that I could never come out to my parents or anyone around me
or if I decided to I wouldn't be accepted by anyone I know

does anyone have any ideas on what i could do?

very sorry for this, i just wanted to get this off my chest

please PM me if this isn't supposed to be on this thread and I'll delete it

she/her | lesbian
complete fennec fox collection 1/30/22
twozier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Posting results for tertiary education came out. I've never felt so let down before. The teachers kept telling us to work hard and score well so we get to choose the courses and not let courses choose us. I worked my bum off for 2016, I scored decently and was most improved for my class and still got into some course I never wanted from the start. Funny thing is that it's a type course that I've been trying to avoid this entire time. Engineering courses. It's not that I hate it, I have 0 interest in it. It's so disappointing.
    I just don't know what to do now...
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me