TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby Blueberry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 am

kiitkat wrote:
Webmonkey wrote:
kiitkat wrote:I'm extremely anxious.
I have a boyfriend. We were good friends, then I told him I liked him and asked him out on a date (January 17th) - dated for around a week, and then we became official. However !! We've been on two dates and the second one was cut short because he felt sick. I let him go because I don't mind.. but then this week I asked on Monday if he wanted to go out and he said he'd get back to me. Now though, I asked him for about the fourth time and he said he doesn't want to go out this week because he's lazy..is this an excuse? Or is it okay? My friend thinks it's not okay because if he loved me then he'd wanna spend time with me. And it's also different because at school we aren't in the same class and at break he never speaks to me? Which is okay, but that's why I look forward to our dates because we can talk. But he's too lazy to go out with me this week. Please tell me if this is normal, if this is a sign or whatnot. I need help!
P.S i don't wanna look needy or anything

I know you didn't wanna hear what Ima type.

He seems to not talk to you. Do you think he's tryna put you in a slow relalionship? Just to break your heart..

Or

He might be going through a lot.

But what he's doing isn't good for you or him being together

I don't know. I might see, if he does it again I'll bring it up. I don't have a big enough heart though, because I love him. I've loved him since we were friends, and he's moving to Australia in August / September. I want to spend all the time I can with him before he leaves to the other side of the world.
EDIT - I know that I should always take responsibility and bring it up but since it's the first time, I'll try not to. It's different when it happens all the time which I know is unhealthy.

That's a bit harsh man. Saying he's doing this to break Kiitkat's heart is mean. If he's moving he might not want to be in a relationship because he doesn't want to get hurt later. I will be frank though, I don't think he feels the same as you do to him. It might suck, but if you care for him as a good friend, you might have to let go of your feelings for him. I would advise just enjoying being his friend! He only has a few months left here, try making the best of it!
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaeria » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 am

Coffee: wrote:
kiitkat wrote:
I have a boyfriend. We were good friends, then I told him I liked him and asked him out on a date (January 17th) - dated for around a week, and then we became official. However !! We've been on two dates and the second one was cut short because he felt sick. I let him go because I don't mind.. but then this week I asked on Monday if he wanted to go out and he said he'd get back to me. Now though, I asked him for about the fourth time and he said he doesn't want to go out this week because he's lazy..is this an excuse? Or is it okay? My friend thinks it's not okay because if he loved me then he'd wanna spend time with me. And it's also different because at school we aren't in the same class and at break he never speaks to me? Which is okay, but that's why I look forward to our dates because we can talk. But he's too lazy to go out with me this week. Please tell me if this is normal, if this is a sign or whatnot. I need help!

I don't know. I might see, if he does it again I'll bring it up. I don't have a big enough heart though, because I love him. I've loved him since we were friends, and he's moving to Australia in August / September. I want to spend all the time I can with him before he leaves to the other side of the world.
EDIT - I know that I should always take responsibility and bring it up but since it's the first time, I'll try not to. It's different when it happens all the time which I know is unhealthy.

That's a bit harsh man. Saying he's doing this to break Kiitkat's heart is mean. If he's moving he might not want to be in a relationship because he doesn't want to get hurt later. I will be frank though, I don't think he feels the same as you do to him. It might suck, but if you care for him as a good friend, you might have to let go of your feelings for him. I would advise just enjoying being his friend! He only has a few months left here, try making the best of it!

i suppose. it really sucks. it hurts, and i've not felt as hurt for so long. it's like a sinking pit in my stomach. but.. your right.... maybe.. it's complicated - he sometimes acts like he loves me and hugs me and then sometimes he doesn't really engage much. it's very mixed signals, he even said he wants me to visit him in australia but also called me annoying?? like i'm so confused.
    infp | scorpio | she / her | call me kayla !

i haven't been on here for years ngl
kaeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:46 am

To me, it sounds like he's uncertain what his feelings are towards you? From what you've wrote, it sounds like you've asked him out on dates many times in a short space of time, and even if you are good friends/were beforehand, he might be a bit overwhelmed with the change. Some people do need a bit of space to assess how they feel, and it can take a bit longer for some people to get used to a new situation like this.
    To be honest, I'd use the excuse I'm lazy because I don't know how I'm feeling, and wouldn't want to upset you by saying "I don't know how I feel towards you and the sudden changes". Of course, you know him and the situation better than I do. Maybe try to relax a little, keep talking to him (keeping a balance, not constantly messaging/interrogating, but also don't ignore him either), and if you ask him again after a period of time passes and he still avoids you, maybe you should bring it up to him, in a calm and curious manner, rather than demanding (I can't think of a better word at the moment) to know what he's up to. If you go in demanding answers or taking a more aggressive route, he may turn away from you; learn from my mistakes, be open-minded and suggest alternatives ^^
    Also, he may not want to get too close if he's moving away (so he can avoid hurting both you and himself), or he has issues that he is dealing with privately that are taking up his time, and that he doesn't wish to share. Like I said, you know him better than I do, so I don't know how much you talk to each other, or what about, but I hope this helps a little??

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmilineRose » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 am

im feeling pretty down today... could use a PM if its not too much trouble
EmilineRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:40 am

Emiline wrote:im feeling pretty down today... could use a PM if its not too much trouble

i understand, we all have our days. i'm here if you ever need to talk <3

instead of assuming he's trying to take it slow, make excuses, etc. you should really just ask him. that's the best way to do it. any other way, assuming things of him, is unhealthy in any and all relationships and shouldn't happen if you want this to last. there could be a lot of possibilities as to why he is acting this way. but you will never know for certain unless you make the effort to ask. of course his personal issues are none of anyone's concern unless he feels the need to talk about them, but you could at least ask him why he isn't talking to you or if he actually wants to go out on a date.

Vincent Van Goat wrote:turns out i have three missing assignments in history class. one that i turned in, one from when i was absent, and one from two days ago...... why.....

at least you already know how to do one of them and can get that one in! then, the other two, you could ask for help if you're confused since you were gone. there's nothing necessarily too wrong about having missing assignments so long as you turn them in eventually or on time. even then, at least you took your time to do them. good luck c:
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby critter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 am

Lol, I'm coming here to often, but I got the female lead in a play and my crush is the male lead.

We're both asexuals. I am glad for this but, there is ROMANCE between the characters. Help.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm chasing my dreams,
catch you on the flip side <3
last checked 1/15/23
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
critter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:13 am

Space Tea wrote:Lol, I'm coming here to often, but I got the female lead in a play and my crush is the male lead.

We're both asexuals. I am glad for this but, there is ROMANCE between the characters. Help.

hey, congratulations! anyone would be lucky to star in a play with your crush. if you were that good to get the female lead and he was that good to get the male lead then i am certain everything will be fine. you both are well aware that it will just be acting, right? after all how would you out of all people get the part? you must be an amazing actress and therefore i'm sure you can pull this off without it being awkward. even so, at least you are both asexual instead of just one of you being asexual. if he is just as uncomfortable then just talk it over with him and tell him that the show must go on and you guys need to put the play ahead of your sexuality. i know it might be a bit different than what you are used to, but since this is a play, it will all just be an act. good luck!
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinnamonbun. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:41 am

mark
cinnamonbun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby decembuary; » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am

well, grades were sent home !
all A's, except for two A-s argh

they are in science & art; i had an A- in art last time, and although i improved my math grade from an A- last time to an A this time, instead my science grade fell from an A to an A-

what am i gonna do?? my teachers have a little section where they can put number/letter thingies that correspond to different things; i got an R1 in all classes except for science & math (R1 stands for "excellent" and i think it's based on how i act in class)

it sounds like i'm freaking out over nothing because i got R2 (stands for "good") in science and math and my mom is gonna surely interrogate me very angrily when she sees this and she'll start accusing me of not putting my heart onto studying and whatnot when i tell her i have no idea what i'm doing wrong

my mom is way too strict and she's always really ticked off that i got an A- last time in art because she has it in her mind that i'm some mini da vinci or something when really all i can do are some good scenery drawings and draw animals reasonably well

i'm really scared about what my mom will say to me?? my mom only thinks i tried my hardest when i get a good grade even though that's really not the point
the fact that my art grade has absolutely no improvement what so ever will only help support her claim that i'm not trying my hardest and i seriously don't want to be yelled at again
my mom and dad had a huge fight the other day so now both of them are in bad moods a lot of the time and that'll only worsen my mom's attitude

however, my mom is always very scornful toward my math ability (really slow when i'm solving problems) and she yelled at me the other day and ranted about how i'd get an awful grade like a B+ or something
well, (my school doesn't do A+) i got an A in math, which is very nice! last time, i had an A-;

my mom focuses a lot on my flaws and whatnot which is extremely annoying because she's generally quite strict
my english teacher dropped in a "your daughter is incredibly talented in the area of writing! undoubtedly one of the best in all of my classes"

ah, here's to hoping that comment from my english teacher and my improvement in math will curb my mom's anger.
🌟 burst forth! — they/them

my listography!

hello!! i’m athena (or decem!) and i like my cat and spacing out.
feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions about anything on
the site or just want to say hi. i always appreciate a good conversation!

my research data!! 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱
🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱

@Image — i love you!!
decembuary;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:59 am

i really really really want to gift a few users who i believe deserve it, but at the same time i dont want to trade some of the pets i have worked endlessly to trade for and obtain. ughhh,,, am i being selfish??
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me