AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes

Postby starlette » Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 pm

thereallps121 wrote:AP World had the hardest multiple choice, but all the written responses were super easy.

Really? I wish I was that good at writing! I took the APWH exam, and I've always been better with multiple choice than writing. I totally blanked out on the SAQ questions, though the DBQ and LEQ weren't that bad.
Also, my teacher told us that our AP world scores were coming out in July so I'm a little confused rn

Currently I've decided to drop APUSH for my junior year because history was never a subject that interested me, and I don't want that to add stress when I'm supposed to be taking AP Lang next year. Except I'm currently failing my current English honors and there's a good chance my schools gonna force me to drop. And it sucks because my friends have all told me that my school has a policy that states that once you get dropped from the honors program in a subject, you're not allowed to move back up.
and English is one of my best subjects so getting dropped from AP Lang would make me so upset

At least I'm still taking honors classes for algebra and physics,and I'm planning on taking AP Psychology and AP Bio my senior year (though I know at my school AP bio is one of the hardest classes to pass), and the only elective I can fit in my schedule currently for junior year is choir, so I hope i still look interesting enough for colleges.
starlette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 am

Collegeboard has released the written responses on their website for APWH. The first SAQ was in reference to WW2 and it's aftermath, with Cold War included. The next one discussed the British colonization of India through taxation and establishing an economic monopoly over India and other parts of Asia. I talked about SAQ 4: The Green Revolution caused a huge spike in population due to more food, but it would also cause population decline in later years due to the effects of pesticides not being known during the time the revolution started. Try looking at practice tests for AP Lang over the summer and getting ahead so you can meet the rigor for the class during the school months. Good luck for AP Bio!!
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Tue May 29, 2018 11:26 am

AP World History DBQ: Railroads
Europe: It's Free Real Estate
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlette » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 am

thereallps121 wrote:AP World History DBQ: Railroads

Ah, so you took a different version of the APWH test. That's apparently the version that most of the country took too, right?
starlette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lady gaga » Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am

im curious for anyone whos at or has been to college, do the amount of AP's and difficulty of them affect your chances of getting into college?

I'm sure they do, but if I'm taking AP psych, APUSH, AP stat, and AP anatomy, over the course of my Junior and Senior year. Is that enough diversity and challenge? Apart from that I'm taking elective classes like a Holocaust class and a forensics class in my junior year, and I'm undecided as to if I'm doing AP bio or not senior year as I want to major in biomedical sciences in college.

Thanks so much for any help and/or pointers, I really appreciate it <3
π˜πŽπ” 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 π‡πŽππ„
ham βˆ™ she/her βˆ™ scorpio βˆ™ wanda deserves happiness Β©
lady gaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Tue May 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Maiza wrote:

Ah, so you took a different version of the APWH test. That's apparently the version that most of the country took too, right?

Yes, wait, there's different tests?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Tue May 29, 2018 2:48 pm

a. hamilton wrote:
    im curious for anyone whos at or has been to college, do the amount of AP's and difficulty of them affect your chances of getting into college?

I'm sure they do, but if I'm taking AP psych, APUSH, AP stat, and AP anatomy, over the course of my Junior and Senior year. Is that enough diversity and challenge? Apart from that I'm taking elective classes like a Holocaust class and a forensics class in my junior year, and I'm undecided as to if I'm doing AP bio or not senior year as I want to major in biomedical sciences in college.

Thanks so much for any help and/or pointers, I really appreciate it <3

The amount of APs you take is something that colleges look for depending on where you apply. My brother is currently in college, and he took about 5-7 AP courses. It also depends on how many AP courses are offered at your school; the more you take, the better off you are. The amount of APs you've taken so far is a good range of APs, but take into account how many APs your school offers. If you want to get into a more prestigious university, you will have to take many AP courses out of the ones your school offers. (Ex: My college counselor took 3 out of the 5 AP courses her school offered). If you want to major in biomedical sciences, TAKE AP BIO!!!! This is super important because it demonstrates your interest in the subject, and it can save you a couple thousand dollars.
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sun struck » Tue May 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Omg..
What a much-needed thread?!?!?
Okay well, I took the AP World History exam also, and honestly, the multiple choice portion of it was probably one of the worst things I have experienced since birth;;o;
Lol;; NOT a history type of a person at all, and I pretty much sucked at it the whole year, but that test, I probably got the lowest score ever on the subject;;o;
Nope, absolutely no way I passed, not even divine intervention;;

The next year, I have it in my schedule to take AP Lang and AP US history, and AP Drawing,,,
AP Drawing is a class I've been waiting for since I've first heard of it, but I'm honestly not sure if I should even try AP Lang and AP US History....
I'm not a history person,,, and I'm not really a good writer either... but it kind of is the norm in our school to take AP Lang and APUSH...?
I hear APUSH is quite similar to AP World History in the way it's structured..
but could someone tell me what it's like to take AP Lang..?

honestly AP World dragged me through the mud this year, and I don't really have the heart to dive in again,,,but I..well, I'm just really unsure;;o;
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlette » Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 pm

thereallps121 wrote:
Maiza wrote:

Yes, wait, there's different tests?

Yeah. There's a section on the College Board website that mentions different versions of an ap test being given to a small amount of students in the U.S. My school was one of the ones around the country that was selected to have another version of the test distributed to students along with the one most people across the country took.
starlette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Yeah. There's a section on the College Board website that mentions different versions of an ap test being given to a small amount of students in the U.S. My school was one of the ones around the country that was selected to have another version of the test distributed to students along with the one most people across the country took.

Wow, that's so weird! Are you allowed to discuss the test that you took?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me