Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Emberglade wrote:Heyy I'm just gonna slide in here like the sneaky one I am ^^
I got a few questions for the CS Furs! 1) Does anyone know where to get any faux beaver fur in light pink and mint? Fursuitsupplies has it in the cream orange i will need but none of the other colors! I also need all 3 colors in a longer fur but that's easier to find ^^
I'm trying to plan out how much I'm gonna need to start a suit or even just a partial, but due to my living conditions I know ill prolly have to settle for making a tail and handpaws at first
Aaaand 2) Has anyone else heard/talked about the Emma debacle that happened at BLFC this weekend?

I didn't hear about that, actually. Just looked it up though, and that's awful. She's just a kid, leave her alone. :T So what if her suit isn't as "professional" or "high quality" as some other suits, she made do with what she had and I think she looked cute. I hope that experience doesn't scare her away from the fandom, the majority of us aren't jerks like those people were.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emberglade » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Queenie! wrote:
Emberglade wrote:Heyy I'm just gonna slide in here like the sneaky one I am ^^
I got a few questions for the CS Furs! 1) Does anyone know where to get any faux beaver fur in light pink and mint? Fursuitsupplies has it in the cream orange i will need but none of the other colors! I also need all 3 colors in a longer fur but that's easier to find ^^
I'm trying to plan out how much I'm gonna need to start a suit or even just a partial, but due to my living conditions I know ill prolly have to settle for making a tail and handpaws at first
Aaaand 2) Has anyone else heard/talked about the Emma debacle that happened at BLFC this weekend?

I didn't hear about that, actually. Just looked it up though, and that's awful. She's just a kid, leave her alone. :T So what if her suit isn't as "professional" or "high quality" as some other suits, she made do with what she had and I think she looked cute. I hope that experience doesn't scare her away from the fandom, the majority of us aren't jerks like those people were.

I saw a lot of pics on Insta where other suiters, including telephone, were giving her support and making the con better for her, and her own Instagram is getting a ton of love from all corners. As soon as we destroy all the hate accounts I'm sure the fandom will be safe for her again, and I'm looking forward to seeing her at future cons ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
“Isn’t life exciting! Everything can change
all of a sudden, and for no reason at all!”

---------------------------------------
Art Instagram - Art shop
He/him pronouns

---------------------------------------
“It would be awful if the world exploded.
It is so wonderfully splendid.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emberglade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Thu May 17, 2018 4:59 am

Heyyyy, I'm just wondering, does anyone know if resin bases typically do or do not fit when wearing glasses? Or does it really depend on the cast (so I'd have to ask the seller)? I don't think I can get contacts right now (possibly ever) but I reallyyyy want this resin base I have my eye on.

And do resin bases need both hinges + elastic? And do you attach the ears to a balaclava worn underneath?

I just heard that resin bases can be really sensitive to jaw movement, which is what I really want.
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am

Violently Violet wrote:Heyyyy, I'm just wondering, does anyone know if resin bases typically do or do not fit when wearing glasses? Or does it really depend on the cast (so I'd have to ask the seller)? I don't think I can get contacts right now (possibly ever) but I reallyyyy want this resin base I have my eye on.

And do resin bases need both hinges + elastic? And do you attach the ears to a balaclava worn underneath?

I just heard that resin bases can be really sensitive to jaw movement, which is what I really want.

Generally, it does depend on the cast. However, there are ways to fit glasses, you would just need to add some foam around the mask to give some room for your glasses.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Kira:. » Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 am

Does anyone have any tips on using a foam head base but using a resin jaw set? I like using foam bases, but my sister got me a resin jaw set for my next project. I’m worried that the jaw will be to heavy for the foam and the jaw will just fall open.
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉) » Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am

Username: ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)
Are you a Furry or a Fan: Furry trash.
Do you own a fursuit: Nope, just a tail!
If so have any pictures: I don't have them up yet.
Fave thing about the Fandom: Fursuits, actually! They're too cute.
Image Image
𝑰𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭
hi! i'm aubrey. i love trades and
pms. i have bpd so i'm sorry if
if i'm moody! i'm an infj/4w5/cn

█████████████
─────────────
█████
█████

abt spty
trd mcr
█████
───𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭?
LIGHTS OFF
♏︎☀ - ♏︎ - ♒︎
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Fri May 18, 2018 4:43 pm

.:Kira:. wrote:Does anyone have any tips on using a foam head base but using a resin jaw set? I like using foam bases, but my sister got me a resin jaw set for my next project. I’m worried that the jaw will be to heavy for the foam and the jaw will just fall open.

I don't know exactly how heavy resin jawsets are, but I made a jawset out of sculpey for my foam head. Before I added it, the jaw seemed to be moving perfectly, but once it was in, the jaw would not close completely and does hang open. I imagine it would be the same for resin, but I could be wrong. I hope you find a way to make it work!
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lycancore » Fri May 25, 2018 5:24 am

Hey there! I'm busy working on the foam base for a head, but as this is the first one I've made, I've hit a couple roadblocks.
I'm going to start the painting of the eyes, and I have some buckram, acrylic paint, and paint markers, but I'm really not sure where to start or what materials might work better. I want them to be "following" eyes, and there's a bunch of tutorials on that, but I guess I'm just kinda stuck on the painting. Any tips?

he / they / lycan
queer adult
schizoid spectrum
fixating on :
dog training
Lycancore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Fri May 25, 2018 7:20 am

~αяαвєℓℓα~ wrote:Hey there! I'm busy working on the foam base for a head, but as this is the first one I've made, I've hit a couple roadblocks.
I'm going to start the painting of the eyes, and I have some buckram, acrylic paint, and paint markers, but I'm really not sure where to start or what materials might work better. I want them to be "following" eyes, and there's a bunch of tutorials on that, but I guess I'm just kinda stuck on the painting. Any tips?

Just as something I learned from my old art classes, especially with acrylic paint, you can always start over by painting over it. So don’t stress yourself out too much if you mess up.
I know it’s probably not the kind of tips your looking for, but stressing about anything is never great.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 am

~αяαвєℓℓα~ wrote:Hey there! I'm busy working on the foam base for a head, but as this is the first one I've made, I've hit a couple roadblocks.

With acrylic paint, be sure to water it down a little bit and paint in thin layers. If the layers are too thick it will obscure your vision.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────