Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby cyrevan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:36 am

Painting markings usually only works when the fur you're painting is short, my bad! People like to airbrush muzzles though.
Anyway it'd be super cool to see you post pictures of your fursuit in this thread when you're done/have made progress! I love seeing other people's creations.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:46 am

BreezeParadox wrote:Painting markings usually only works when the fur you're painting is short, my bad! People like to airbrush muzzles though.
Anyway it'd be super cool to see you post pictures of your fursuit in this thread when you're done/have made progress! I love seeing other people's creations.

Alright, I'll post updates then :3 (gotta get the money for fur though first xD) and I'm working on getting a picture of the partial I recently made (learned a lot for it, like shave the fur for the face BEFORE you glue it onto the head xD)
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:29 am

I have some pretty important information I would like to discuss. I have seen on many different types of social media’s like YouTube and Music.ly fursuiters brush their fursuits with brushes ment for animal fur. Please do not do so! It rip outs the fur on your fursuit, and it will not grow back. Fursuits don’t magically grow their own fur. If you do so over a long period of time, it will rip out a bunch of the fur, resulting in bald spots. I have seen so many people do it, and it hurts me every time. If you would like your fursuit to stay high quality and look nice, please do not use an animal brush ment for fur. Instead, use a lose bristled hair brush or comb. You must be soft and gentle to your fursuit! Thanks for reading my small “rant” lol.
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:20 am

Corgi Sploot wrote:I have some pretty important information I would like to discuss. I have seen on many different types of social media’s like YouTube and Music.ly fursuiters brush their fursuits with brushes ment for animal fur. Please do not do so! It rip outs the fur on your fursuit, and it will not grow back. Fursuits don’t magically grow their own fur. If you do so over a long period of time, it will rip out a bunch of the fur, resulting in bald spots. I have seen so many people do it, and it hurts me every time. If you would like your fursuit to stay high quality and look nice, please do not use an animal brush ment for fur. Instead, use a lose bristled hair brush or comb. You must be soft and gentle to your fursuit! Thanks for reading my small “rant” lol.

Anything you use to brush out a fursuit will pull out fur over time. While I do agree that some brushes meant for animals will do more harm to a fursuit than good, the ones you commonly see used, the wire slicker brushes, are generally safe for fursuits as long as you brush with the handle facing away from the direction of the fur. The way the bristles on these brushes are designed, they have a sort of hook or curve at the end which is meant to catch fur as the animal is being brushed. If you brush "backwards", the bristles will only smooth and straighten the fur, they won't pull that much fur out.
The other brushes/combs you mentioned work just as well, of course, I just wanted to straighten out the misconception that slicker brushes are completely bad for fursuits.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:09 am

Thanks for the info guys! Will note next time I brush my partial!

Speaking of which, I finally got done with the ref sheet of my fursona (Kiwi) and hopefully will be able to start on her soon! This is the ref, and now I'm debating on whether or not I want two yards of the pink... x3
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheetawitch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:10 am

Embuur wrote:Thanks for the info guys! Will note next time I brush my partial!

Speaking of which, I finally got done with the ref sheet of my fursona (Kiwi) and hopefully will be able to start on her soon! This is the ref, and now I'm debating on whether or not I want two yards of the pink... x3

I say better to be safe than sorry
Cheetawitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:12 am

Cheetawitch wrote:

I say better to be safe than sorry

I agree, it’s way better to get too much than too less. I ordered too less once, and the color was out of stock for 3 months. It took a long time to just finish up the head lol.
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:19 am

Alright, thanks a bunch :3 I'll get 2 yards instead of 1 xD
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 am

Ooh I am so happy to see this thread! I'm a huge furry and I might be making my own fursuit soon (if I don't win a raffle which I probably won't) to wear to Anthrocon this summer.

I'd like to become a member of this thread too (as I will probably will be on this thread a lot)!

Username: Rhona
Are you a Furry or a Fan: Furry
Do you own a fursuit: Somewhat (it's very badly made partail that I can barely see out of, and it just looks terrible tbh)
If so have any pictures: Yes but I cannot link them on the computer I am using
Fave thing about the Fandom: Fursuits, art, and how accepting and nice of a community I have found it to be
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 am

Ohh nice fursona !! My fursona is a red panda as well (:

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me