Looking for 'newbie-helpers' - applications closed. choosing

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Looking for 'newbie-helpers' - apply within!

Postby nightbeat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): Would tell, but I was threatened, so no personal info.... for a while....
You've been a member for how long: June something, 2009
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: I usually get on at 3:45
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Sometimes..
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Yes.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: I'm so very sure that talking with newbies will be fun, getting to know them and helping them to learn more about CS will be very much fun.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: None.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: Nope, but I will think!

P.S - I have been here since June, but I started posting in December, is that okay?
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bℓυ ωιитєя » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

turquoise8 wrote:
hunterandjack wrote:
moonstar12345 wrote:hmm, I just realized. We should have some bi/trilingual People on this, she newbies who speak other than English for their first language can feel even more welcome ^-^

I can speak french well and a little japanese along with a little spanish.

Tu habite ou? (I can't do the accent thingys, and that's the first thing that came to mind XD) Je n'aime pas de etudie :P

Je vis en Australie, vous?
Bℓυ ωιитєя

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memi Mikon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): 13 years
You've been a member for how long: Since October 08
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: Hmm, I know I spend a lot on CS, but not the estimated time.
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Yes, I'm pretty sure I know a lot about CS.
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Haha, yeah, my little sister does that to me all the time.
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: One, I like helping people to new things, it's nice to see how much can do once they know how to do it.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: Not in a long time, but I used to on some sites. Sadly, they've been deleted or I lost the link.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: Not really, but it'd be fun to think of a new name some time!
Last edited by Memi Mikon on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage
Memi Mikon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

I hope my form is good enough X3 are any of you guys applying?
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SouthernWhisp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Love the idea
How old are you? (this question is optional): 18
You've been a member for how long: I've been collecting pets since September '08, so about 1 year and 3-4 months
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: 3-5 hours per day depending on access
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Absolutely. I may not have posted that often in the past, but I've always scanned the forums.
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: I work with 3-12 year old kids in real life on a daily basis (and some adults who act like them) so yes. ^_^
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: I've always loved to help people and am trying to become more involved in Chickensmoothie. Also it really irks me to see people flame others just because they're new. I've always been for the underdog. ;)
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: Years ago, but took a two year hiatus for personal reasons and the sites have since died.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: Rookie Aid
SouthernWhisp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turq8 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm

hunterandjack wrote:
turquoise8 wrote:
hunterandjack wrote:
I can speak french well and a little japanese along with a little spanish.

Tu habite ou? (I can't do the accent thingys, and that's the first thing that came to mind XD) Je n'aime pas de etudie :P

Je vis en Australie, vous?

J'habite Etates Unis (I think that's it, we haven't learned that, I just remember that from a french map in my classroom)
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bℓυ ωιитєя » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:13 pm

J'habite Etates Unis (I think that's it, we haven't learned that, I just remember that from a french map in my classroom)

Yes, you said it correctly. Good job. Now we had better stop spamming. do you want to talk to me through pm? if so just send me a pm and we can talk, Ok? ;)
Bℓυ ωιитєя

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoofinKai » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): 15, going on 16 this March. X3
You've been a member for how long: I've been here since the very start, I just didn't "join" until... September 08, I think.
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: Not very much. Just enough to check my daily threads, to be honest. X3 But if I got this 'job', I'd be willing to be on much more, as I don't have much else to do in the day. (Well, from 7 PM - 11 PM GMT -5) I'm on almost all day on the weekends, though.
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: I think so. I've been around and read things, so most things I can answer.
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: I'd say yes. If I start to lose my patience for any reason, I will just take a short break until I can answer things calmly again. xP
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: Because I see a lot of newbies who need help and sometimes don't get it, and I do have the knowledge to give out help when it is needed. And, I need a good reason to get back into being an active member on the CS forums. :3
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: I'm a moderator on SolaEria- both on the old SolaEria forum and on Alearith. I've also been a moderator on Shima's old ASC forum (which is now gone, so I can't link). I was offered to moderate on Arvyre a while back, but denied because I was busy. I was also offered to moderate on two other forums, which I also denied because I was busy with moderating SolaEria/ASC. (Plus, I was on too many other sites at the time. x.x)
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: I... I don't know. Newbie-Helpers actually works for me. There isn't much else that would work without sounding a little... goofy? XD I'm not very creative with group names.
MoofinKai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vαιuε » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I would love to help :3

How old are you? (this question is optional):
Fifteen
You've been a member for how long:
Nine Months
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?:
Haha, I spend almost everyday on Chicken Smoothis. (Addict xD)
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?:
Yes :3
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?:
Yeah :)
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?:
I think people who are new here should learn quickly, and as you had stated earlier, not get mauled if they don't understand something.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link:
Urm, I was asked to be a introduction writer (I don't know xD) on a role playing website but I refused xD
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?:
Nope, its pretty good :3
vαιuε

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby champeo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

How old are you? (this question is optional): Sorta Private
You've been a member for how long: Since November 2008
How much time do you spend on CS in the average day/week?: Everyday, About two hours. For the whole week, Like 36. lol
Do you feel you know CS well enough to answer all the common questions?: Yesss
Do you have the patience to deal with stupid questions being asked over and over?: Yup. I have training, since I live with a evil sister
Why do you want to be a newbie-helper?: Because I think Newbies should have a chance to know more.
Have you ever had moderating experience on any forums if so please post a link: Not really.
Do you have any suggestions for the team name (instead of 'Newbie-Helper') xD ?: I like the name oyu already have.

I probably wont be accepted...
champeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me