The Hyperfixtations Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: The Hyperfixtations Thread

Postby EeeeeeejDoge » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:40 am

*politely writes* mark, such cool thing thsi thread is, so cool to read these, makes me feel sort of safe and comfy, deep thoughts indeed
thanks for making this!
Image Image

ImageImage Image
my th is eeej_doge | signature art by raging_fossil | icon by me

HI I HAVE JUST AWOKENhello and I will be just getting every owed arts sorted out throught next months, I didn’t sort owed arts before my +1 year unactivity and i really apologize - if you’d like any changes to the owed art aka character for the art, type, cancel, anything! Let me know please :] Thank you everyone and BIG, big sorry!
ImageImage
EeeeeeejDoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:08 am

i haven't really hyperfixated on anything for awhile, but probably persona and pokemon rn

Postby ChocolateGryphon » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:17 am

Lemon Coyote wrote:( using my own thread time lets go )

One of my special interests is collecting bones and other oddities. I found a cormorant skull a while back and i was talking to my dad, he wants to put it on display next to our plants!! I'm so happy he likes what i'm interested in

Ooh im interested to know more about this hyperfixation. I have seen people who enjoy bone collecting (they go in woods and look for bones and wash them off and keep them/put them in an altar) however I thought it was more of a fandom/morbid appreciation thing since those people have usually been Wiccan (and having a propensity/appreciation for the morbid is common in Wiccan, also collecting bones and doing spells is a thing). What makes it hyperfixable for you? I always thought bones are cool in a Halloween kind of way, but I never reached hyperfixation levels with them even tho I'm very artsy and have morbid curiosity. However a lot of people do and I'm curious!
ImageImage
ChocolateGryphon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby re4 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:30 am

~ not a lot of people know about my current hyperfixation, and it's pretty unpopular but. it's a video game series called "the dark pictures anthology." it's a series (3 so far, the 4th one is coming out this october!!) of horror games where the choices you make impact the story. the two i'm hyperfixated on are called "little hope" (which is in my signature) and "house of ashes." depending on the different choices you make along the way, characters can live or die. there's also a ton of quick time events that make the game much harder. the games can also be replayed many times in order to get different endings. i believe little hope has around 5 different endings, and house of ashes has around 6! the games make me so happy, and i'm really looking forward to seeing more of them come out in the future!

all of the games also have insane plot twists that i won't spoil here in case anybody wants to play them but, i can say i love the way the plot twists are handled, and how hard they hit you when the game ends. the first time i played little hope i was expecting it to be a normal horror game but when it ended i was left stunned, and i haven't been able to stop thinking about it since... ~
♥ ♡ ♥
|| sam || they/she || bisexual ||
╔══════════════════════════╗
horror media, theatre, gaming
i'm cool pls talk to me <3
responses are slow lately. sorry!
╚══════════════════════════╝
|| carrd || brother || trade ||
♥ ♡ ♥
re4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DolphinThings » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:41 am

I really love going to beaches and gathering shells, pebbles, rocks, driftwood, cleaning up garbage, and sea glass!
I love collecting rocks and minerals in general! I go to lakes and ponds near my house and I go looking around for smooth stones. I also fish out metal junk from the water with a strong magnet on a rope.
[][][][][][][][][][DolphinThings][][][][][][][][][]
DolphinThings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbewwy. » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:11 am

*waves*

as my signature may suggest, i'm currently hyperfixated on fnaf : sb and star wars !

i've been an on-and-off fan of fnaf since the first game came out and i used to dig into the ~lore~ quite a bit. i know there's a lot of technical issues with the game itself, and quite honestly, i wish there was more to it... but i love it nonetheless. it's very comforting, glitches and all. i love all the characters dearly, but (of course) glamrock freddy is a favorite of mine 🥺. sun and moon are as well! i really love them a lot !

as for star wars, it's meant a lot to me since i was a kiddo. i grew up watching the movies and have some very fond memories of watching the clone wars with a friend. i'm currently hyperfocused specifically on the prequels and the clone wars ! my ultimate favorite character is plo-koon (who happens to be my ultimate comfort character as well 😅). the entire disaster lineage is also near-and-dear to my heart as well <3.

i apologize for the long ramble !
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ bubble ! pop ! e l e c t r i c !
-ˏˋ fae they / them pastel colors + sweets ˊˎ-
⠀currently hyperfixated on fnaf : sb and star wars
strawbewwy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Umireef » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:25 am

Oh boy haha, I've been hyperfixating on DC/The batfamily since 2020. Especially Jason Todd. My girlfriend and i have watched every movie, every show, read the comics, talked about it every single day, created fan characters, we really cannot stop! And we keep fueling each other rheidnekdk!! They all give me so much serotonin I can't even explain

Umireef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:27 am

my hyperfixation often switches from yokai to bugs or clouds. but right now, as my signature says, i'm currently fixating over robots because of inscryption...ahhhh
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

"But what did I expect? You're a stupid, stupid idiot gamer like the rest."
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
◖current robot enthusiast◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halo7 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:25 am

this thread is kind of dead but
ive been hyperfixated on meat/meat factories for like. a year and a half now ? i started liking them in like september of 2020 or somthing . . .. i remember i was reading abt meat until like 4 in the morning and then i just . passed out. and i woke up to like 20 tabs abt meat open LOL

i also adore (deep) sea creatures.... i feel like my hyperfixation is coming back since i joined a fish-related species recently yaaa

ALSObugs have been my special interest like almost. my whole life. ive always loved them and i llove learning more abt them and abt different species of bugs. like i have to restrain myself when someone says they hate bugs. like i adore them i always forget ppl hate bugs LOL
seb/bon he/it
halo7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:02 pm

I’m hyperfixated on Overwatch. Its kinda bad tbh. The games full of awful and sexist people and they havent added anything new since 2019, yet I still play it because its the only thing that scratches the itch in my noggin. Pray for me bc OW2 beta comes out in a few weeks and lord knows I wont want to put it down ;-;
___
___

She/her, adult.
Trader, crosstrader, collector, rat enthusiast.
Fair Trade Thread | New "Rares List" | The "What's My Pet Worth?" Thread
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me