HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Foxears11 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 am

Pom Pom wrote:Hey there!

I'm currently writing a university essay, and I know the chances of people knowing/answering/ even giving their opinions of this question are very slim but I thought it would be worth a shot anyways :D !

The question is this:

Describe the key elements of the abiotic environments of the two Polar Regions and
explain why there are both similarities and differences in these physical systems.

Literally, any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Okay so I'm assuming the two polar regions being referred to here are the Arctic (North pole) and Antarctica (South pole) so that's what I'm going with in this answer unless stated otherwise. Abiotic elements are the nonliving factors of the environment that affect living organisms and ecosystems. The types of abiotic factors that can be found in these regions include:
    *Temperature
    *Wind
    *Rain
    *Snow
    *Sunlight
    *Soil
    *Rocks
    *Permafrost
Permafrost is the most significant abiotic factor in the Arctic tundra. In the summer, the top layer of this permanent underground ice sheet melts, creating streams and rivers that nourish biotic factors such as salmon and Arctic char. The permafrost also prevents larger plants and trees from gaining a foothold, so lichens, mosses, sedges and willow shrubs grow close to the ground. The Antarctic tundra features similar abiotic factors as the Arctic tundra yet supports far fewer biotic factors. As Antarctica’s only region without permanent ice cover, the Antarctic peninsula reveals an arid, rocky landscape in its short summer that is capable of nurturing only two species of flowering plants: Antarctic hair grass and Antarctic pearlwort. Lichens, mosses and algae form the bulk of the flora.
The biggest difference between them is rainfall: The Arctic receives 100 inches of precipitation each year, mostly in the form of snowfall. Antarctica by contrast is a polar desert, which is a really dry area with less than 10 inches of precipitation. Here are the sources I used for this incase you want to learn more: 1 2 3

I do hope that your essay goes well! ^^
Foxears11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pom Pom » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am

Foxears11 wrote:
Pom Pom wrote:Hey there!

I'm currently writing a university essay, and I know the chances of people knowing/answering/ even giving their opinions of this question are very slim but I thought it would be worth a shot anyways :D !

The question is this:

Describe the key elements of the abiotic environments of the two Polar Regions and
explain why there are both similarities and differences in these physical systems.

Literally, any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Okay so I'm assuming the two polar regions being referred to here are the Arctic (North pole) and Antarctica (South pole) so that's what I'm going with in this answer unless stated otherwise. Abiotic elements are the nonliving factors of the environment that affect living organisms and ecosystems. The types of abiotic factors that can be found in these regions include:
    *Temperature
    *Wind
    *Rain
    *Snow
    *Sunlight
    *Soil
    *Rocks
    *Permafrost
Permafrost is the most significant abiotic factor in the Arctic tundra. In the summer, the top layer of this permanent underground ice sheet melts, creating streams and rivers that nourish biotic factors such as salmon and Arctic char. The permafrost also prevents larger plants and trees from gaining a foothold, so lichens, mosses, sedges and willow shrubs grow close to the ground. The Antarctic tundra features similar abiotic factors as the Arctic tundra yet supports far fewer biotic factors. As Antarctica’s only region without permanent ice cover, the Antarctic peninsula reveals an arid, rocky landscape in its short summer that is capable of nurturing only two species of flowering plants: Antarctic hair grass and Antarctic pearlwort. Lichens, mosses and algae form the bulk of the flora.
The biggest difference between them is rainfall: The Arctic receives 100 inches of precipitation each year, mostly in the form of snowfall. Antarctica by contrast is a polar desert, which is a really dry area with less than 10 inches of precipitation. Here are the sources I used for this incase you want to learn more: 1 2 3

I do hope that your essay goes well! ^^

Thank you so much!! Is was super helpful!!!!
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
╔══════════════╗

Lights onImage

╚══════════════╝
DON'T
FORGET
TO
SMILE
┌────────────────┐

└────────────────┘
Pom Pom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby This Is Halloween » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:38 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: English 12 (research essay)
YOUR QUESTION: I’m writing a research essay and the topic we were given was technology. I chose how technology has been affecting the rise of mental illness. We were told to use researching sites including EbscoHost, Microsoft Academic, ProQuest, and Google Scholar. Basically, I need to narrow down my topic into a subject (which quite frankly I’m not sure how I’m supposed to narrow down “technologies affect with the rise of mental illness”).

Overall, I’m confused on how to word it and find good sources that fit the topic appropriately.

I do have an example (not the best) of how we are supposed to search them up:
“Mental Illness” AND social media

I’d appreciate any help! Let me know if I need to clear anything up.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ
ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ɪᴛ?

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═══════════════════════════╗
halloween/hallow/whatever you like!
she/her
please be patient if I don’t respond to your trade,
I have anxiety and can be very forgetful <3

CS Discord FR

╚════════════════════════════╝

This Is Halloween

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:59 am

This Is Halloween wrote:YOUR QUESTION: I’m writing a research essay and the topic we were given was technology.
Overall, I’m confused on how to word it and find good sources that fit the topic appropriately.

Not sure if your paper deadline is too close now, but is there a specific mental illness you'd like to focus on? Maybe the perpetuation of unrealistic body standards/eating disorders in young people? Or the glamorization of depression online?
Is there a specific technology you can focus on? Like social media? Any particular social media sites that are interesting to you (tumblr, instagram, facebook, snapchat...)? How do these sites affect mental illness? For instance, is it the use of marketing to young people that increases mental illness? Maybe you could talk about social media pages designed to promote awareness around mental illness: there's lots of pages on social media that promote mental health tips and awareness. What are some other technologies that might affect mental illness?

When I have a big topic I want to narrow down, I start by thinking of all the possibilities I could narrow it down to: what are different types of technology to focus on ? Different mental illnesses I can address? Different demographic groups (genders, ages, ethnicities, etc). Sometimes it helps me to write a better essay when I'm connected to or passionate about a subject. I'm a woman so I'm more likely to write about social media and mental illness in women! But also, sometimes in essays I want to draw attention to a less commonly considered group of people. If I was writing an essay about eating disorders (EDs) and social media, maybe I would focus on men because they are a less explored demographic when it comes to EDs. Hopefully if your paper deadline isn't too close this gives you something to think about!

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Tea Rain » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:06 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Drama
YOUR QUESTION: Hello! I don't have a complete question, but I need help working out how lighting would work in a brechtian piece! I have a specific script if someone wants to pm me, or if you'd prefer to answer just generally, I need lighting ideas for the following!:
- Serious
- Tickle/comedy moment
- Bathroom, serious
- School or classroom, comedy, stereotypically mean girl
- a song to fade in to
- Something to fade out too.
Any general suggestions on how to designate lighting for a scene is very helpful!
Image⦅Lemon⦆Image
◤~ ImageLemon • any • <3! ~ ◥
Image Image Image
◣ ~ ImageFeel free to pm :D~ ◢
Lemon Tea Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galifey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:26 am

I need some help on the catcher in the rye!

Write a thesis statement for an essay that examines Holden’s mindset during his final day at Pencey Prep.
ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Galifey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby This Is Halloween » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 am

peppa wrote:
This Is Halloween wrote:YOUR QUESTION: I’m writing a research essay and the topic we were given was technology.

Not sure if your paper deadline is too close now, but is there a specific mental illness you'd like to focus on? Maybe the perpetuation of unrealistic body standards/eating disorders in young people? Or the glamorization of depression online?
Is there a specific technology you can focus on? Like social media? Any particular social media sites that are interesting to you (tumblr, instagram, facebook, snapchat...)? How do these sites affect mental illness? For instance, is it the use of marketing to young people that increases mental illness? Maybe you could talk about social media pages designed to promote awareness around mental illness: there's lots of pages on social media that promote mental health tips and awareness. What are some other technologies that might affect mental illness?

When I have a big topic I want to narrow down, I start by thinking of all the possibilities I could narrow it down to: what are different types of technology to focus on ? Different mental illnesses I can address? Different demographic groups (genders, ages, ethnicities, etc). Sometimes it helps me to write a better essay when I'm connected to or passionate about a subject. I'm a woman so I'm more likely to write about social media and mental illness in women! But also, sometimes in essays I want to draw attention to a less commonly considered group of people. If I was writing an essay about eating disorders (EDs) and social media, maybe I would focus on men because they are a less explored demographic when it comes to EDs. Hopefully if your paper deadline isn't too close this gives you something to think about!

thank you so much for your help! I have till mid-January to finish my essay. I love what you suggested and will be focusing my essay on that. I’ll come back with any other questions I have but for now I’m all set (:

╔══════════════════════════════╗
ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ
ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ɪᴛ?

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═══════════════════════════╗
halloween/hallow/whatever you like!
she/her
please be patient if I don’t respond to your trade,
I have anxiety and can be very forgetful <3

CS Discord FR

╚════════════════════════════╝

This Is Halloween

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightcrawler! » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION:math :')
YOUR QUESTION: ahh,, there are three different questions with the same problem attached - each question is asking to solve a different vs\ariable that will make the statement true-

"Find the value for the "A" that will make the following statement true", "Find the value for the "B" that will make the following statement true", and "Find the value for the "C" and "D" that will make the following statement true"

not sure exactly what this is or how to solve it and i have no memory of learning it before nor was it ever in any of my homework, so i'm kind of at a loss here. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

it's due by midnight tonight but my teachers are used to me submitting assignments at ungodly hours-

very inconsistently active
I seldom respond to messages or replies (but appreciate them very much)
nightcrawler!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Fanjee wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION:math :')
YOUR QUESTION: ahh,, there are three different questions with the same problem attached - each question is asking to solve a different vs\ariable that will make the statement true-

"Find the value for the "A" that will make the following statement true", "Find the value for the "B" that will make the following statement true", and "Find the value for the "C" and "D" that will make the following statement true"

not sure exactly what this is or how to solve it and i have no memory of learning it before nor was it ever in any of my homework, so i'm kind of at a loss here. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

it's due by midnight tonight but my teachers are used to me submitting assignments at ungodly hours-

Ooh, math!

Okay, you need to choose values for A, B, C, and D so that the left side of the equation equals the right side.
    To see the method more clearly, start by splitting everything up by variable type - this is going to be hard with CS formatting, but bear with me.

(6/4) * (x^9 / x^b) * (y^c / y^d) = (a/2) * (x^5)

From here, look at one type of variable at a time.

For example, for the regular numbers (coefficients), (6/4) = (a/2)
    Isolate for a by multiplying both sides by 2 -> (6/4)*2 = a -> 12/4 = a -> 3 = a

Repeat: for the sections involving x, (x^9 / x^b) = (x^5)
    Division in this form, (x^9 / x^b), can be simplified to x^(9-b), as long as the base is the same.
    So, x^(9-b) = x^5, therefore, 9-b = 5, solve -> b = 4

So far the key has been relying on one side of the equation to determine what the other side needs to be.
    C and D is a little different: for the sections involving y, (y^c / y^d) = 0, since there is no y variable on the right side.
    So, y^(c-d) = 0 -> it doesn't actually matter what C and D are, as long as they're equal, which will cause the y in the numerator and the y in the denominator to cancel each other out.

Good luck!
.......I'm CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ,
...... nice to meet you.
........ImageImage........
Science nerd..........
___...............
Image Image Image Image...ImageImage
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:32 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: social sciences (but really any subject)
YOUR QUESTION: for my final project in one of my classes, i'm making a podcast! it's really cool and it's about a topic i'm really interested in, but i've never hosted a podcast before. i'm asking another one of my professors to speak to me on it, because the topic is close to his area of interest. i'm not particularly close with this professor but i've gone to his office hours and met with him before. i plan to ask him some questions and have an open conversation about the topic, but i'm nervous about being rigid/awkward/weird.

Does anyone have any advice for how to calm my nerves? what's the best way to introduce my professor? What makes a good podcast and how can I make a good impression on the guests and make them feel welcome?

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me