HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby veria » Thu May 28, 2020 4:10 am

LostInTheEcho wrote:
llamalvr0 wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION:Math (Geometry to be precise)
YOUR QUESTION: Early in its flight, the Apollo 11 spacecraft orbited Earth at an altitude of 120 miles. What was the distance from the spacecraft to Earths horizon, rounded to the nearest mile? (There is a diagram to go with this, it’s right here)

I hope this helps. The red circled numbers are in which order it should be read.
Don’t hesitate to ask if there’s something that’s unclear or are wondering about!

Thank you so much!!
| 𝕤𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣 |
veria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Bump ^^
.......I'm CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ,
...... nice to meet you.
........ImageImage........
Science nerd..........
___...............
Image Image Image Image...ImageImage
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cure » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:43 pm

this is a bit of an odd request for help, but i feel comfortable enough asking it here since it's related?

i have geometry and working skills homework piled up that i haven't touched because everytime i open it up to look at it on my screen, it all looks so overwhelming and looks like it's so much. and i know how to do geometry and working skills, it's not a big deal for me. but i just CAN'T focus on it. I can't look at it, i can't process it, and i only was able to get like a quarter of my geometry done while my teacher was on call with me.

what are some good ways you guys focus? online school has been a difficult transition for me, admittedly.
Last edited by Shy on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information
PMS are closed feel free to send me a trade - view my art shop & its status

The Cure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hannur » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone here has a background in psychology.

I missed a whole chunk of class due to having the flu earlier in the year, and I'm supposed to write up a report about my replication of Hamilton and Gifford's 1976 study on illusory correlation.

Would be willing to offer pets as payment if anyone can help with answering some questions (particularly in evaluating experiments and also research methods, which are the parts I missed when I was sick)

Please PM me if so! Thanks so much!
hannur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espekae » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:32 pm

nevermind i got it thank you!!
Last edited by espekae on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
espekae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Opossum fur » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 pm

The Cure wrote:this is a bit of an odd request for help, but i feel comfortable enough asking it here since it's related?

i have geometry and working skills homework piled up that i haven't touched because everytime i open it up to look at it on my screen, it all looks so overwhelming and looks like it's so much. and i know how to do geometry and working skills, it's not a big deal for me. but i just CAN'T focus on it. I can't look at it, i can't process it, and i only was able to get like a quarter of my geometry done while my teacher was on call with me.

what are some good ways you guys focus? online school has been a difficult transition for me, admittedly.

I agree with you totally on that, transitioning to online school from in person has been a bit difficult. Each person may use different skills or tactics to help stay focus so I really hope this helps! I would take a step back for a second, take some deep breathes, get a cold glass of water and just close your eyes for a second. The more negatively you think about the situation the worst you're going to feel. I would then begin to think about what needs to get done make sure to keep clam do not overwhelm yourself, if you're having trouble message your teacher and tell them you're having a hard time with transitioning online. It's ok! Many people are struggling right now so you're not alone, you're teacher will understand! I would then organize the work and chunk it up do a little at a time again do not overwhelm yourself. The more you overwhelm yourself the harder it will be to focus, chunk your work up in to bits and make small goals for yourself to complete certain portions for a certain time. If you keep doing this it will help get your needed work done in a calmer way. Take your time and go at your own pace, if you need a little time to yourself that is fine! It's a difficult time right now do not beat yourself up over it. Hope this helps. <3 <3
Working on it.
Opossum fur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galifey » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 am

1. Given 4x + 3y = 0 is the terminal side in quadrant II, the value of secθ = _____ (Answer should be an exact value written as a reduced fraction.)
2. Find the angular velocity in radians per second for a wheel turning at the rate of 450 revolutions per minute. (Leave as exact answer in terms of π)

Please help! I don't get it
ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Galifey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doggos_on_Mars » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Galifey wrote:1. Given 4x + 3y = 0 is the terminal side in quadrant II, the value of secθ = _____ (Answer should be an exact value written as a reduced fraction.)
-snip-

I can help you with the first question! I've attached a picture of the steps I took to reach the answer. The big purple numbers are the order in which you solve the question.

1. Convert 4x + 3y = 0 to y=mx+b form

2. Graph the line to find where it falls on the circle (this would be either quadrant 2 or 4, but it is given in the question so you use quadrant 2)

a) Focus on the second quadrant and drop a perpendicular line to the x-axis so that you form a right triangle. Use the information given to fill in the side lengths. Use the pyhtagorean theorem to solve for the radius, or notice that it is a 3-4-5 triple
b) Use the formula for secant to find your answer (secθ=r/x) becomes (secθ=5/3)
c) Remember that because you are in the 2nd quadrant, only sine and cosecant are positive. Because we are finding sec, your answer must be negative
20201105_100503.jpg
20201105_100503.jpg (214.01 KiB) Viewed 86 times

Hope this helped! It also has been a minute since I've done a problem like this, so be sure to double check my work!

Edit: just updated my answer with LostInTheEcho's correction. I fixed it on mobile so it's a bit messy, sorry!
Last edited by Doggos_on_Mars on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Adoption Center

Hello all! I run an adoption center which is linked above. Come adopt some pets!
Doggos_on_Mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Doggos_on_Mars wrote:
Galifey wrote:1. Given 4x + 3y = 0 is the terminal side in quadrant II, the value of secθ = _____ (Answer should be an exact value written as a reduced fraction.)
-snip-

I can help you with the first question! I've attached a picture of the steps I took to reach the answer. The big purple numbers are the order in which you solve the question.

1. Convert 4x + 3y = 0 to y=mx+b form

2. Graph the line to find where it falls on the unit circle (this would be either quadrant 2 or 4, but it is given in the question so you use quadrant 2)

a) Focus on the second quadrant and drop a perpendicular line to the x-axis so that you form a right triangle. Use the information given to fill in the side lengths. The radius becomes 1 because you are using a unit circle.
b) Use the formula for secant to find your answer (secθ=r/x) becomes (secθ=1/3)
c) Remember that because you are in the 2nd quadrant, only sine and cosecant are positive. Because we are finding sec, your
answer must be negative
image.jpg

Hope this helped! It also has been a minute since I've done a problem like this, so be sure to double check my work!

Going to add on here in the 3:rd part.

The hypothenuse is always longer than the catheti. In your answer the hypothenuse is shorter so that fraction would give an error.

Using the unit circle and having the hypothenuse as 1 is possible but we’d need to scale down the catheti. In this case it’s easier to calculate the length of the hypothenuse from the two catheti using
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
Which gives: hypothenuse = c = 5

So the answer you’re seeking is -5/3
Negative since the secant is negative in the II quadrant like Doggos_on_Mars said

Galifey wrote:2. Find the angular velocity in radians per second for a wheel turning at the rate of 450 revolutions per minute. (Leave as exact answer in terms of π)

The wheel does 450 revolutions per minute (rpm) but we need to know it in revolutions per second (rps) to be able to calculate rad/s.
There’s 60 s/min, so the number of revolutions per second should be 60 times less than the rpm.
450 rpm / 60 s/min = 7.5 rps

One revolution is equal to , since there are 2π radians in a circle
Multiplying these gives us rad/s

7.5 rps * 2π rad/revolution = 15π rad/s

The angular velocity is 15π rad/s !
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pom Pom » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:26 am

Hey there!

I'm currently writing a university essay, and I know the chances of people knowing/answering/ even giving their opinions of this question are very slim but I thought it would be worth a shot anyways :D !

The question is this:

Describe the key elements of the abiotic environments of the two Polar Regions and
explain why there are both similarities and differences in these physical systems.

Literally, any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
╔══════════════╗

Lights onImage

╚══════════════╝
DON'T
FORGET
TO
SMILE
┌────────────────┐

└────────────────┘