AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes + SAT

Postby The Score » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:33 am

Love it, thanks!!
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 am

Herlock Sholmes wrote:
thereallps121 wrote:For anyone who has taken AP Biology, how do you understand the concepts introduced the first time? (The moment they're taught in class?) I don't understand them so I have to teach myself the topic again when I get home.

While the teacher is talking about a concept, it helps to visualize everything happening in your head and it'll hopefully just click. Instead of just knowing concepts, it helps to play a picture or video in your head of how something is described. Or draw diagrams in your notes. This works for me at least, but everyone's different.

Yes! As a person who took AP Bio and is a Biology major with 100+ hours under my belt, diagrams, diagrams, diagrams. If the way your teacher explains the concepts are confusing to you initially, it might be better to read over the main points in a textbook or crash course online first, so when they're teaching, it isn't the first time you've heard it. It's a little more time efficient than having to teach yourself afterward.

As for the diagrams, if you are a visual person, they really help to solidify the concepts and ideas. Kind of puts a picture with the words. I know these are especially helpful for photosynthesis, cellular respiration, mitosis, etc. It's a bit of a learning curve, learning how you can comprehend the material, but I hope it all goes well for you!

And if you have any biology questions, I'd be happy to help via PM. c:
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm

@ Blossom Tail, thank you!!!! I will totally PM you now!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Is anyone taking AP Micro or Macro? I might teach myself Micro but I need more resources.
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxyclaws » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm

The easiest way to do well on any AP exam is to do well in the class. AP bio is very challenging (it was definitely the hardest one for me, out of two levels of AP English and AP world history), so don't worry if you don't get it the instant the teacher presents the material. Just take diligent notes, then go back through them later with the textbook.

If you want to go the extra mile to make sure you really get it, you can make a second copy of your notes at home, using your original class notes supplemented with material from your textbook. I use this technique for my more difficult college classes, and it works really well!
Foxyclaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chateau » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:43 pm

This year, I am in AP European History in my second year of High School, and this is my second AP class.
My struggle is that I find the way AP classes are formed to be overwhelming and chaotic.
It's like, if you don't understand it, you're screwed.
I am also very uninterested in history.
The only reason I am taking this class is for the 8 college credit it offers for passing the exam.
But, just the thought of trying to pass that exam gives me anxiety.
I don't know what to do. ;(
chateau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catnip. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Saw this and felt the need to post lol. Well, last year I took AP Language and Composition and get a 2 sadly, but this year I'm taking AP Lit and I feel much more confident. But what I really came here for is to talk about the SAT. My recommendation is to take it multiple times, as many times as you possibly can. I first took it with my whole class... 189 people in 1 hot gym all taking it at the same time. That was torture. I didn't do as well as I would've liked, so I retook it in August at my town's college and lemme tell ya. I didn't study at all for that test and I ended up bringing my score up 100 points. So change in location is something I recommend a lot. I also took it October 6 and I plan on taking it again in December because it's really not that bad. Plus, I chose not to take the essay part after the 2nd time because I got 6/6/6 on it so im pretty happy
catnip.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wane » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm

catnip. wrote:Saw this and felt the need to post lol. Well, last year I took AP Language and Composition and get a 2 sadly, but this year I'm taking AP Lit and I feel much more confident. But what I really came here for is to talk about the SAT. My recommendation is to take it multiple times, as many times as you possibly can. I first took it with my whole class... 189 people in 1 hot gym all taking it at the same time. That was torture. I didn't do as well as I would've liked, so I retook it in August at my town's college and lemme tell ya. I didn't study at all for that test and I ended up bringing my score up 100 points. So change in location is something I recommend a lot. I also took it October 6 and I plan on taking it again in December because it's really not that bad. Plus, I chose not to take the essay part after the 2nd time because I got 6/6/6 on it so im pretty happy

*high fives* I'm taking AP Lit this year as well-- & I also took the October SAT.

I've taken AP Calc BC (5), AP Chem (5), AP Chinese (5), and working on AP Lit, AP Stats, and AP Psych (at a comm college though!) this year.

By far, the most difficult one has been AP Chem for me--if anyone needs tips, I'm always happy to listen! c:
Last edited by wane on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello to anyone reading this! ♥

feel free to call me whirl (she/her). it's nice to meet you.

i'm currently on hiatus, please feel free to contact me on flight rising @whirlwish; i am active there. if you message me on CS I most likely will not see it.

thank you & have a wonderful day/night! ♥ ♥
wane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aust » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm in college now, but in high school I took 4 different AP courses. I took English Lang, Lit, Euro History, and Spanish Lang. I scored a three on each one. Part of me wishes I could have gotten at least one 4 or 5, but my college took all of those courses as credit so no regrets there!
ImageImageImage
aust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelodyRose » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:14 am

I'm taking AP Calc BC and AP Bio this year among others. I did amazing in Pre-Calc and regular Calc and I did pretty well in bio too so I don't know why I'm struggling so much with calc and bio this year. Anyone have any suggestions? Study tips?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi, i'm melody.

carrd | ♫♫
cs secret santas |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MelodyRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:01 am

hey there, i’m in calc bc too! if you want to pm, i’m more than happy to help, but here are the tips i have:
- go to tutorials, every chance you get. it seems simple, but i’m there every other morning from 8-8:30. asking your own questions is really helpful, as well as listening to other people’s questions.
- try asking your teacher and classmates if they’d mind you creating a groupchat. i haven’t gotten one up for calc bc yet, but i do have one for ap music theory, and it’s saved my butt several times. if you can’t do something on that scale, try forming a study group with some of your friends - it’s real helpful.
- summarizing your notes is a great option - just writing 3-4 sentences for each page explaining the basic concepts explained within.
- plan your homework if you can help it. don’t do assignments at the last minute if possible - have them done as early as possible so you can study them when you need them.
- khan academy is a good resource if you’re very confused - if you’re very quick to learn, then it can be frustratingly slow, but if you’re stumped, it will take you through the concept really clearly.
- if your teacher doesn’t give them, give yourself cold quizzes on important formulas and rules. derivatives of trig functions, definitions of the derivative, and so forth. my teacher just gives us a list of ten such questions and a couple of minutes to fill them in on reflex. it’s very much an advantage to know these formulas without thinking!
i hope some of that helped, and again, feel free to pm if you have questions!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery