HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby cloud cover » Tue May 08, 2018 8:57 am

WastedSpace wrote:
raelyn wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: science (optics)
YOUR QUESTION:

i think i have a vague idea of how this works (the viewpoint of the eye can allow it to see the bottom of the arrow) but if anyone could explain this in further detail it would help me a lot. thank you in advance!

It's been a while since I've done a problem like this. Someone else might come along and be able to explain better. I think you're correct; you're just not using the right terminology: http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/r ... e-of-Sight

thanks for the article, it helped a lot :)

────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
┌───────────────────────┐
ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ
-
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs

└───────────────────────┘
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────
┌───────────────────────┐
jo | she/her | infj | university
student | 🇨🇦

└───────────────────────┘
────────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
────────────────────────

cloud cover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Thu May 17, 2018 1:39 am

Hey! I’ve basically received and assignment to do in SOSE about Rome.
I basically have to do a timeline, I myself have not done a timeline in a ridiculously long time, so I sort of need help.

I’ve basically found 10 significant events that have occurred in Rome, the first one being Rome being founded in 753 BCE and my last event being Rome falling to the Ottomans in 1453 CE. I basically need help, does a timeline need to have a scale? I’ve been drawing my timeline on an A3 sheet of paper, making my timeline about 23 cm (pretty small lol) and every 1 cm equalling up to 100 years. I have asked my brother about the scale and he said every time line must have a scale, so that’s when I decided to round 753 BCE up to 800 BCE, and 1453 CE to 1500 CE as a base to build onto. I have already done the 1cm thing, and have written the dates and such for every 1cm.

I’m struggling a lot and I definitely need help, as I still have to write a P.E.E paragraph about what these 10 significant events tell us about Rome, and a bibliography. Any helps would be nice! Please!
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu May 17, 2018 4:15 am

mental. wrote:Hey! I’ve basically received and assignment to do in SOSE about Rome.
I basically have to do a timeline, I myself have not done a timeline in a ridiculously long time, so I sort of need help.

I’ve basically found 10 significant events that have occurred in Rome, the first one being Rome being founded in 753 BCE and my last event being Rome falling to the Ottomans in 1453 CE. I basically need help, does a timeline need to have a scale? I’ve been drawing my timeline on an A3 sheet of paper, making my timeline about 23 cm (pretty small lol) and every 1 cm equalling up to 100 years. I have asked my brother about the scale and he said every time line must have a scale, so that’s when I decided to round 753 BCE up to 800 BCE, and 1453 CE to 1500 CE as a base to build onto. I have already done the 1cm thing, and have written the dates and such for every 1cm.

I’m struggling a lot and I definitely need help, as I still have to write a P.E.E paragraph about what these 10 significant events tell us about Rome, and a bibliography. Any helps would be nice! Please!

Yes, timelines should have some sort of scale. They don't just show when events happened, relative to each other; they also show how much time passed between each event.

Since you're only covering events that happened in written human history (as opposed to covering... like... the dinosaurs or all of planet Earth's evolution or something), you should be using a linear scale. So what you're doing (1 cm = 100 years) sounds fine.

(Also make sure you put down the precise years for events, especially if you have multiple events that happened pretty close to each other. And if you have events that are close to each other on the timeline and you need to write a paragraph directly on the timeline for each event, you can do something like this:
timeline.png
timeline.png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 161 times

This way, the scaling is still intact for the event points, but you won't have to cram too much)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocte Luna » Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 am

mental. wrote:Hey! I’ve basically received and assignment to do in SOSE about Rome.

I'm just going to add to nickjr's post here without quoting everything. I have a few ideas and tricks to ensure all your events can fit on a timeline if that's what you're struggling with. I'm going to assume your paper is oriented horizontally and the line is in the center of the page. One option is to write your events so you draw one line higher or lower than the last event if you find yourself running out of space. This is good if you're worried about writing all the events right next to each other. It's sort of a staggered look, but if you utilize your vertical space above and below the timeline, then you may be able to write a little bit on each event.

You could also color code your timeline by placing a dot on the line, writing the event above the timeline where you find you have sufficient room, and then boxing the name of the event and the date with the color you used for the dot on the timeline so you have a little more space. This should help if a lot of your events are spaced close together and you want to write the exact dates. These are just a few suggestions, feel free to ask me if you need help with creating the timeline or want examples.

I'm not sure what PEE is, but if you need any additional help, I'm sure that there are plenty of people (including myself) on this thread who would be willing to help you as best they can. Hopefully this helped you and good luck!
-hunters/equitation-great comet-
[29 gifts sent to other players-10 gifts sent to me-1 mutual gifting]
There is no such thing as random, there is always a probability of something, no matter how small or unlikely, happening.
Nocte Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION:English
YOUR QUESTION:Hi guys, I've got my first English exam coming up in a few days and I was wondering if I could have some pointers? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. It is on Romeo and Juliet and I have been given the prompt 'You are the Prince. Come up with a speech for the citizens of Verona explaining the incidents leading up to the deaths of the main characters. Who is to blame? End with a call for peace'. (Or something like that, I don't have the prompt with me and I just kind of went by what I remembered.) Thanks a bunch for whoever can help. Have a wonderful day/night.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:10 pm

Light Bringer wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
YOUR QUESTION:Hi guys, I've got my first English exam coming up in a few days and I was wondering if I could have some pointers? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. It is on Romeo and Juliet and I have been given the prompt 'You are the Prince. Come up with a speech for the citizens of Verona explaining the incidents leading up to the deaths of the main characters. Who is to blame? End with a call for peace'. (Or something like that, I don't have the prompt with me and I just kind of went by what I remembered.) Thanks a bunch for whoever can help. Have a wonderful day/night.

If you know the question ahead of time, you might as well spend some time outlining now so that you know what points you want to hit on the exam. Since you've got time, you could flip through some big parts of the play and gather some quotes or something that will help you decide your answers. But just doing a general outline and knowing what you want to talk about will help your essay be more organized and go quicker. =)
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:11 pm

WastedSpace wrote:
Light Bringer wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!

If you know the question ahead of time, you might as well spend some time outlining now so that you know what points you want to hit on the exam. Since you've got time, you could flip through some big parts of the play and gather some quotes or something that will help you decide your answers. But just doing a general outline and knowing what you want to talk about will help your essay be more organized and go quicker. =)

Thank you so much. :) That really helps. I'll do that over the weekend.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hannur » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:06 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: US History
YOUR QUESTION: Is it possible that someone (from any grade) could give me their school notes on the US Civil Rights movement? Would be a bonus if you had any notes on Martin Luther King!

(context) I have an assignment and there are small sections in the task where it asks you to do 3-4 pages of contextual research on a specific rights and freedoms movement. I've chosen to do African American civil rights movement.Thank you!
hannur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:31 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Japanese
YOUR QUESTION: hey, so, basically I have to do this rationale on what I’ve learned in Japanese this term, there’s many questions I’m still working on, but I’ll (try) shorten it down.
I’ve completely forgot a few things, such as these.

Why is it so important to bow in Japan? An explanation would be awesome!
Why is there a お at the front of a few sentences? Is it to honour yourself or the people you are talking to?
What is this word here? And what does it mean? おねがいします
What are some sentences that these particles would be in, は、の、か、が、と、を and what do they mean?
Is there anyway to describe Romaji other than ‘Japanese words in English letters’?
Why is it so important to humble ourselves in Japan?
Last but not least, could someone give me an alright example of what Furigana, Kana and Kanji are?

Thank you so much and I seriously apologise for such silly questions, and so many too! Thank you so much if you help me, I really appreciate it,
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:20 pm

bil wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: US History
YOUR QUESTION: Is it possible that someone (from any grade) could give me their school notes on the US Civil Rights movement? Would be a bonus if you had any notes on Martin Luther King!

(context) I have an assignment and there are small sections in the task where it asks you to do 3-4 pages of contextual research on a specific rights and freedoms movement. I've chosen to do African American civil rights movement.Thank you!

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to do some research yourself? Check out your school library, your local library, or even use google to find some sources. It's fine to use online sources, just be careful of the provider. For example, you can start with the wiki page on the Civil Rights movement, but then go check out the sources wiki lists rather than quoting wiki. You can find books as well as online papers that way. Published journals are typically okay sources, and .edu sites are better than .com. But since you're supposed to be doing research, I think you should put in the effort to do the research yourself, not just copy off other people's notes. ;3

There is tons of info out there on this era. Just go out and look! If you're confused how to start, you should confer with your teacher. But the point of a research project isn't just to see how you can write and communicate information. It's also to help teach you how to do good, reliable research and see if you can decide what is the most important information to include for your purpose to support your conclusion (without erasing history or ignoring evidence). Research takes a lot of skills that I bet your teacher is hoping you'll practice.
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me