AP Classes + SAT

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: AP Classes + SAT

Postby The Score » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 am

AP Bio is totally shredding me to pieces, and the teacher we have isn't exactly teaching the AP Biology curriculum, what do I do?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yuketsu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am

thereallps121 wrote:AP Bio is totally shredding me to pieces, and the teacher we have isn't exactly teaching the AP Biology curriculum, what do I do?

what part are you struggling with? memorization, content, concepts, something else?
      when i took the class i honestly didnt find the class too helpful (this is from my experience only though),
      but if your teacher isn't following the curriculum, i suggest self studying?

if so, i'd highly reccomend watching bozeman science (he does great vids for ap bio + more), you can find
      him on youtube or his website but his explanations are rlly nice and easy to understand! crash course is
      good for review the night before (but its very much simplified). i'd also get a prep book, the one from
      cliffnotes is rlly good. idk if this helps answer your question but ^^
x盯著我幹嘛?你有什麼目的!
bestie | senpai | valorant fanclub
chinese, christian, registered nurse
my shops: art | character designs
yuketsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am

@thereallps121 - it really depends on how good you feel with biology in general - did you take pre-ap/honors biology? how did you do? there are a lot of study guides out there - if you feel like your biology skills are pretty good, you might try using one of those to try and pick up the material for yourself. form study groups with people in your class, too - my AP Music Theory groupchat has already saved my butt multiple times this year, ha! and, if your teacher offers them, attend tutorials and ask questions - some teachers are better one-on-one or when asked specific questions than in a general classroom setting. of course, if it's getting close to May and you still feel really bad about the material, you can always opt out of taking the test and just focus on saving yourself a headache in college biology classes.

guess who has an AP Calculus BC and AP Music Theory exam tomorrow, haha. i'm a little terrified for both, but i think i'm going to do okay on the music theory test. i don't fully get intervals yet (or modes, or...anything other than dictation and sightreading), but i know the test will be fairly forgiving, and i'll have plenty of time to sort myself out. the calc test...yeesh, i might be in a little trouble. anyone have any tips for really cracking down and studying? the pace of that class is really great for my ADHD-brain, but i have a lot of trouble studying at home since it's hard for me to focus or know where to start. i'll definitely go for tutorials in the morning, though, that's for sure!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm

@ tharrot.: I have done all these things, but I am currently getting B's on my assignments, and I'm hanging at a very low A in the class overall. How do I get my grade up?
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: AP Classes

Postby Eagle's Eye » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:54 pm

plot wrote:I’ve taken 4 AP tests and I’ve taken 1 SAT essay exam.
On my SAT Essay I scored a 7 (average is 4)

By 7, do you mean 7/7/7? If yes, that's a really good grade!

Did anyone else here take the August SAT? I flew over to America for that test and they reused the October '17 international paper, which means that some test takers have already taken it before. CB gets so much money each year and they won't even make a new test to ensure complete fairness for everyone. This combined with the ridiculous June curve (I didn't take it but I saw the outrage over it) just makes me wish I had prepared for the ACT instead of the SAT
On a more positive note, those who took the SAT in August should've gotten an email requesting you to do a survey and you'll get a 10$ Amazon gift card for doing it and they were sent out 1 or 2 days ago ^^
Eagle's Eye
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rtas 'Vadum » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 am

Our PSAT tests are in October, but our SAT tests are all the way in April. I haven't been in public school for 2 years (homebound for various reasons) and just got back into it in August so I'm still pretty blank on what they are rip
𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, ▯ ▯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sabi

”You are the Arbiter, the will of the Prophets.
But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not.”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔.
Rtas 'Vadum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:02 pm

For anyone who has taken AP Biology, how do you understand the concepts introduced the first time? (The moment they're taught in class?) I don't understand them so I have to teach myself the topic again when I get home.
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Score » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:10 am

Still looking for my AP Bio-ers
The Score
The Score

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 am

thereallps121 wrote:For anyone who has taken AP Biology, how do you understand the concepts introduced the first time? (The moment they're taught in class?) I don't understand them so I have to teach myself the topic again when I get home.

While the teacher is talking about a concept, it helps to visualize everything happening in your head and it'll hopefully just click. Instead of just knowing concepts, it helps to play a picture or video in your head of how something is described. Or draw diagrams in your notes. This works for me at least, but everyone's different.
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Just wanted to drop this awesome study tip video here: https://youtu.be/AL08YZCYShc
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes