What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

fav marvel show

Agents of Shield (AOS)
13%
FATWS/Hawkeye
4%
WV
11%
Daredevil/Punisher/Defenders
15%
Luke Cage/Jessica Jones
3%
Moonknight
29%
Other
26%

Total votes : 104

Re: What is Your Current Job?

Postby deadroses. » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 am

Nunavik wrote:
    Autumn Fire wrote:It's definitely a lot of fun! It is a little troubling at times since where I live there are so many restrictions on which animals can be saved and released, but aside from this the experience is valuable

Very cool! Are you wanting to do something regarding rehabilitation for wildlife as a job?

Autumn Fire wrote:IAh we do need more reptile vets! And working with venomous is awesome! Of course there are safety precautions, but that makes the experience far more unique. Something about the way venomous species act compared to non venomous is fascinating and incredible to observe in a contained environment. They are definitely my favorites to work with.

Right? Hahah! I just recently got into venomous species. I had the opportunity to actually interact with venomous keepers too and it's been pushing me more to be able to provide veterinary care for them. There are really a ton of venomous animals that people don't even know about. Then again, marine life. My love for the ocean and helping animals I know owners have a tough time finding proper vets to tend to them are dividing my heart.

I would like to study zoology or animal behavior in college, so basically anything to do with animals besides a vet lol
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightjar » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:58 am

Nunavik wrote:Very cool! Are you wanting to do something regarding rehabilitation for wildlife as a job?

Right? Hahah! I just recently got into venomous species. I had the opportunity to actually interact with venomous keepers too and it's been pushing me more to be able to provide veterinary care for them. There are really a ton of venomous animals that people don't even know about. Then again, marine life. My love for the ocean and helping animals I know owners have a tough time finding proper vets to tend to them are dividing my heart.

I think it would be neat, although it is not what I am focused on. I'd like to study animals, but also work on creature design for movies/games/etc, and getting to see the animals up close really helps with that!

Oh absolutely! Marine life is so fascinating and stunning too look at, I'd still love to see some in person! I'm captivated by cuttlefish and morays, they are awesome

deadroses. wrote:I would like to study zoology or animal behavior in college, so basically anything to do with animals besides a vet lol

That's really cool! Are there any particular animals you are interested in? I know you mentioned volunteering at a ranch but are there any specific branches of zoology you want to study?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhey there, i'm nightjar!
xxxxthey/them.||.INTP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxx|| artshop || th || portfolio ||
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxjust .

daydreamer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx“𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮
xxx𝓫𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼
xxxxxxxx𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷
xxx𝓽𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓻 𝓭𝓪𝔀𝓷
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nightjar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

Postby deadroses. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:33 am

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:43 am

Autumn Fire wrote:I think it would be neat, although it is not what I am focused on. I'd like to study animals, but also work on creature design for movies/games/etc, and getting to see the animals up close really helps with that!

Oh absolutely! Marine life is so fascinating and stunning too look at, I'd still love to see some in person! I'm captivated by cuttlefish and morays, they are awesome

Like game designing?! How cool! I have a cousin who went into game designing. She really loves it. I actually don't know much about it though. Do you know if you need intense schooling for that? How much demand there is for it? How much it can potentially pay? I'm hella curious now! Tell me more o:

deadroses. wrote:I would like to study zoology or animal behavior in college, so basically anything to do with animals besides a vet lol

As far as zoology fields, there is actually alot outside of being a veterinarian, which I had no idea. My best friend from Alaska actually told me to come out there to look into being a park ranger since they in abundant need where he lives. Apparently zoologists are hired as park rangers? Didn't know that. Also you can be police officer and work with marine life if you have knowledge in the field. Didn't know that either. Also a job I'd loove to have. Curious though, why wouldn't you want to be a vet? So many people tell me they wouldn't want to be one, and every time there's a new reason, lol. I always love to hear the pros and cons of being one people have.
    & i miss the man i was the moment we left off
    & i hate who i have become every time i wake up

━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    cze · she/her · adult · USA · sleep token fiend
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Nunavik wrote:
    Autumn Fire wrote:I think it would be neat, although it is not what I am focused on. I'd like to study animals, but also work on creature design for movies/games/etc, and getting to see the animals up close really helps with that!

Like game designing?! How cool! I have a cousin who went into game designing. She really loves it. I actually don't know much about it though. Do you know if you need intense schooling for that? How much demand there is for it? How much it can potentially pay? I'm hella curious now! Tell me more o:

As far as zoology fields, there is actually alot outside of being a veterinarian, which I had no idea. My best friend from Alaska actually told me to come out there to look into being a park ranger since they in abundant need where he lives. Apparently zoologists are hired as park rangers? Didn't know that. Also you can be police officer and work with marine life if you have knowledge in the field. Didn't know that either. Also a job I'd loove to have. Curious though, why wouldn't you want to be a vet? So many people tell me they wouldn't want to be one, and every time there's a new reason, lol. I always love to hear the pros and cons of being one people have.

I wouldn’t mind the euthanasia or anything, but I CANNOT do fleas, ticks, and maggots. not for me.
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaesung » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 pm

I volunteer at an animal rescue! I have a role with the cat intake team and adoption team <3
─ ❝𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯
_______𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

______________________Image
Image Image Image

free to talk to me anytime.
Discord; Hasserus#9984

→→→→→→→→
My Poison, My Remedy
Enter; Roommate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 pm

Kaesung wrote:I volunteer at an animal rescue! I have a role with the cat intake team and adoption team <3

oh that sounds nice! i love rescues so much
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mishi23 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:48 pm

I'm Quality Assurance Coordinator at a videogames company.
My major is Software Engineering, and I always try to convince women and girls to join me in the videogames industry. ^^ Although currently it isn't in the best position, hopefully action will be taken soon and environments will improve.

However, this wasn't really what I wanted to do since I was young. I always played games and I loved them but I never expected to end up working on them. I actually decided to join the videogames industry at the end of my degree when I needed an internship. If I hadn't got the internship I would probably be doing mobile apps. :lol:
When I was very young I wanted to be a vet. But I grew up terrified of blood and unable to see animals suffering so it was impossible for me.
Before deciding on my degree I was between Performing Arts, Civil Engineering and Informatics Engineering.
My parents did not agree with me in my decision, but I'm happy I stood by it, as I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. They ended up being fine with it.

My long-term goals are probably to end up as Technical Producer or QA Director.
^ Buying for 6C$ each
Hi! My name is Mishi. She/Her.
Please trade me! I have a big wishlist.

And check this Chrome extension that selects your doubles!
Forum Link

Mishi23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:48 pm

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 pm

mine probably isn't as interesting as everyone else's lol, but i'm working at taco bell right now. full time currently because of summer break, but i'll probably change to night shift during the semester (that'll be so much fun....) for some reason, taco bell is the busiest restaurant in the whole town (being that it's opened the latest, probably) so everyday is sooo stressful tbh. but the days go by pretty quickly, and we get paid a lil over minimum wage, so i can't complain much. this is only my second job (my first was at a little pet store that sadly went out of business during the end of 2019) so i'm not super experienced, so this has been a real experience for
me.

i've been on the fence about what to major in, but my 3 top picks right now are video game design, fashion design, or some sort of biology (i'm super interested in reptiles/amphibians, not sure if there's a specific study for that.) i'm having such a hard time deciding because everything sounds so fun and interesting. i just wanna try everything!

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATT !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me