Lets talk about houseplants!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What type of houseplant do you prefer?

Cacti / Succulents
52%
Big & Tall Tropical
6%
Big & Fat Tropical
6%
Hanging / Vining plants
27%
Itty Bitty plants
9%

Total votes : 33

Re: Lets talk about houseplants!

Postby hollythecollie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:47 am

J-and-K341 wrote:I do have this Norfolk Island Pine at the moment. I set it outside every summer and then bring it indoors when the cooler autumn weather comes. I also decorate it for the holiday season as well. c: Started off as a tiny little thing no bigger than 6" tall a couple of years ago. (please excuse the mess of a yard in the background, we're in the middle of a drought over here so the grass is turning crispy.)

Oh my goodness what a lush beauty!! I've killed 3 of them =( I get one every year around Christmas but they never live past March for me! What's your secret? Do you keep the soil really moist? Did you immediately repot him when you first got him? I'm really determined to keep one alive this time around.
hollythecollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ricemilk » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:00 am

i have 5 succulents and a cacti!
i cant remember what they all were, except for the echeveria laui.
i love them all so much. looking at them makes me extremely happy.

i want more plants, but i live in a basement and my plants sit on my window sill. sometime when i get the chance, i'll take a picture of them!
π™ˆπ™” π™Žπ™Šπ™‡π™€ π™„π™‰π™π™€π™π™€π™Žπ™ π™„π™Ž π™π™‰π˜Ύπ™Šπ™‘π™€π™π™„π™‰π™‚ 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙐𝙏𝙃
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[ v - β™‚ - moss king ]
[ neopets ] [ goatlings ] [ pokefarm ]
✢
hello, call me v. i enjoy playing video games,
reading manga, and listening to music.
i like to find cute pets for my wife.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

π™π™ƒπ™„π™Ž π™„π™Ž 𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 π™”π™Šπ™π™ π™…π™π™Žπ™π™„π˜Ύπ™€ π™€π™‰π˜Ώπ™Ž
ricemilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:14 pm

hollythecollie wrote:Oh my goodness what a lush beauty!! I've killed 3 of them =( I get one every year around Christmas but they never live past March for me! What's your secret? Do you keep the soil really moist? Did you immediately repot him when you first got him? I'm really determined to keep one alive this time around.

I'd love sharing what i did with mine. <3

Well for starters i remove that decorative wrapping around the container that it came with. Sure it looks nice and all but there's no way for excess water to drain off and that poses a bit of a risk for root rot. I do re-pot it if i see lots of roots coming out from the drain holes underneath. I would say i keep it about as averagely most as most other house plants, and it sits in my room over the winter that, lucky for me has the sunniest window in the house as well. And i also have a humidifier going in my room in winter for my own personal benefit that i'm sure that it appreciates. ^^

During summer when i set it outside i just make sure it gets a good watering when i see the soil drying out, occasionally giving it some plant feed a couple of times through the summer, and that's really about all that i do with it as far as care goes. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UnworthyElevator » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:19 pm

I currently own 4 cacti, a bamboo, and 3 succulents. As my succulents have been slowly dying off I've been replacing them with cacti. They're super cute and I've named all of them. They're easy to keep alive and super pretty to look at in my opinion.
──-───────────
❝
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 4 people.
I have received 2 gifts.
❞
───────────-──
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
──-─────────────────────────────
❝I'm a huge fan of the Marvel. My favorite characters are
Wanda Maximoff, Natasha Romanoff, Carol Danvers, and Peter Maximoff.
Feel free to PM me anytime to have a chat about Marvel! I'm also a fan of
Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who, and many other shows and movies.
❞
─────────────────────────────-──

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
──-───────────────
❝Toyhouse - Trades - Auctions❞
───────────────-──
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
UnworthyElevator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollythecollie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:06 am

UnworthyElevator wrote:I currently own 4 cacti, a bamboo, and 3 succulents. As my succulents have been slowly dying off I've been replacing them with cacti. They're super cute and I've named all of them. They're easy to keep alive and super pretty to look at in my opinion.

Gah, I had a terrible time with succulents too. Cacti are definitely easier. I need to start naming my plants, it sounds like fun!
hollythecollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollythecollie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Gentle bump!

How's everyone doing with the cooler weather coming in? Does anyone have grow lights set up for their plants?

I had to bring in almost all of my plants today, as it's gone down to 50F! The cold weather won't be here for long though, as it'll be back up to 90 on Monday. I can't believe how many plants I own now, I guess you don't pay attention until they're all in one space. Definitely has motivated me to search for some grow lights, but I have no clue on where to start!
hollythecollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Speaking of colder temperatures, i decided to go ahead and bring my norfolk island pine inside yesterday and um....it looks a lot bigger in here than it did outside. xD But from here on out its going to start being way too chilly at night for it to be out there.

Not gonna lie, i have a major itch to go ahead and decorate it for the holiday season! x)
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WoofyWolfz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:40 pm

I have a lot of houseplants and I don't know all of the species ^^" but I know some of them...
a ginseng ficus bonsai (Bonnie), a Christmas cactus, an apple tree, 2 cyclamen, a zebra succulent, a flaming katy, a couple amaranth, a couple sunflowers, a sensitive plant, a split-leaf philodendron, a paddle plant, 2 bamboo, a hoya heart, an echeveria arrow, 2 African violets, an aloe vera, an aeonium tip top, a maltese cross, an air plant, and a whole bunch more I don't know the names of from memory ^^"
I love them so much <3
Last edited by WoofyWolfz on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
WoofyWolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0_freak_0 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Every time I buy one it dies in the following week. They don't like me.
0_freak_0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mykeecore » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 am

I have over 30 succulents!! I store most of them in my greenhouse, but it’s starting to get rlly cold... I hope they dont all die D: I’ve also gotten really good at propagating them!! My favorite one has to be my panda plant!!!!!
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xixxxMykee / Viktor / Remy
genderqueer | demi/bi | any prns
xixanimals | video games | art
xxxDM me, let's be friends c:
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

βž½β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β₯
This Sig is a WIP
xxxxxxxxxxxxβ”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”βœΏβ”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”‘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxLINKS
xxxxxxixxxxxxxxβšβ”€β”€β­’β”€β­‘β”€β­’β”€β”€βš
xxxxxxxiixxxiixxart shop - closed
xxxxxxxxxxxxβ”•β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”βœΏβ”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”™
mykeecore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes