The History Nerds Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: The History Nerds Thread

Postby a small animal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:42 am

zaika wrote:@ have a nice life; romanov musical sounds great lol
@ KOEDEGA; I too have a deep interest in a lot of the grisly happenings in the Russian Empire & USSR! Especially, as has been mentioned before, the assassination of the Russian Imperial Romanov family. On that night of 16th to 17th July, Yurovsky actually gave clear orders to the execution squad to carry out the execution as quickly and painlessly as possible. But a lot of the men from the firing squad had been drinking not even a couple hours before the assassination, and the plot was carried out in no where near the time Yurovsky had planned. After the smoke from the firing cleared, I believe it was the young Tsarevich Alexei and two of the Nikolaevna daughters that would just not die from the bayonet stabs or bullet wounds, so they were shot in the head and beaten with the butt of a rifle before they finally passed away. Not to mention, the jewels and diamonds on the clothes of the Romanov children had blocked a lot of the shots fired. So although the Russian Imperial family was murdered and 'disposed of' in the Koptyaki forest (where some of their bodies, although moved and hidden several other times, would stay for almost a century) that night, the execution was, in a practical sense, not successful. (Hope this wasn't 'overly gory')
I'm not very great with words and I do tend to forget a lot of the important facts so if anybody found some misinformation of mine I won't be hurt if you point it out, it'll help me, if anything, to collect my tired mind back together.

anyhow, hello you all! I'm quite excited to finally see a thread like this pop up, ever since I was a little kid I'd always loved to enrich myself with the knowledge of our past.

I'm going to join very quickly as I'm busy today but I will definitely be back for some discussion soon.

Username: zaika
Favorite Historical Figure: Yuri Gagarin
Favorite type of History: (Soviet) Russian history (mainly post WWII-present) and Texas History.
Favorite War: either the Texas Revolutionary War (1835-1836) or... the Space Race? (1957-1975) Is that a valid answer?? cx

This is exactly why I think there should be a play or something about the Romanov assassination because it was such an absolute shambles. The plan was just to get it over with and instead there were like 3 diffferent burial sites involved, the children nearly escaped and Yurovsky had to stop the drunk guys from stealing the jewellery. I know I’m probably a bad person but I find the whole thing kind of morbidly comedic. You couldn’t make this stuff up.
a small animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

have a nice life wrote:
zaika wrote:@ have a nice life; romanov musical sounds great lol
@ KOEDEGA; I too have a deep interest in a lot of the grisly happenings in the Russian Empire & USSR! Especially, as has been mentioned before, the assassination of the Russian Imperial Romanov family. On that night of 16th to 17th July, Yurovsky actually gave clear orders to the execution squad to carry out the execution as quickly and painlessly as possible. But a lot of the men from the firing squad had been drinking not even a couple hours before the assassination, and the plot was carried out in no where near the time Yurovsky had planned. After the smoke from the firing cleared, I believe it was the young Tsarevich Alexei and two of the Nikolaevna daughters that would just not die from the bayonet stabs or bullet wounds, so they were shot in the head and beaten with the butt of a rifle before they finally passed away. Not to mention, the jewels and diamonds on the clothes of the Romanov children had blocked a lot of the shots fired. So although the Russian Imperial family was murdered and 'disposed of' in the Koptyaki forest (where some of their bodies, although moved and hidden several other times, would stay for almost a century) that night, the execution was, in a practical sense, not successful. (Hope this wasn't 'overly gory')
I'm not very great with words and I do tend to forget a lot of the important facts so if anybody found some misinformation of mine I won't be hurt if you point it out, it'll help me, if anything, to collect my tired mind back together.

anyhow, hello you all! I'm quite excited to finally see a thread like this pop up, ever since I was a little kid I'd always loved to enrich myself with the knowledge of our past.

I'm going to join very quickly as I'm busy today but I will definitely be back for some discussion soon.

Username: zaika
Favorite Historical Figure: Yuri Gagarin
Favorite type of History: (Soviet) Russian history (mainly post WWII-present) and Texas History.
Favorite War: either the Texas Revolutionary War (1835-1836) or... the Space Race? (1957-1975) Is that a valid answer?? cx

This is exactly why I think there should be a play or something about the Romanov assassination because it was such an absolute shambles. The plan was just to get it over with and instead there were like 3 diffferent burial sites involved, the children nearly escaped and Yurovsky had to stop the drunk guys from stealing the jewellery. I know I’m probably a bad person but I find the whole thing kind of morbidly comedic. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Morbidly comedic is not always a bad thing.

I find it really interesting honestly.
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:27 am

Why some schools don’t give off for MLK day baffles me.
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Username:~HistoricMystery~
Favorite Historical Figure: Valdimir Demikhov, Ivan Pavlov, And a lot more!
Favorite type of History:Science, space and odd/unknown facts
Favorite War: ww2 or the cold war.
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 am

~HistoricMystery~ wrote:Username:~HistoricMystery~
Favorite Historical Figure: Valdimir Demikhov, Ivan Pavlov, And a lot more!
Favorite type of History:Science, space and odd/unknown facts
Favorite War: ww2 or the cold war.

Welcome to the Club!
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 am

Here’s what I want to know.

Why the North in the US Civil War have like 20 generals?

The South had maybe five.

But even then, it was mainly Lee.
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:53 am

.Cas. wrote:Here’s what I want to know.

Okay, from what I have found, they were more involved in fighting and died more, they also were being replaced alot.
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 pm

~HistoricMystery~ wrote:
.Cas. wrote:Here’s what I want to know.

Okay, from what I have found, they were more involved in fighting and died more, they also were being replaced alot.

Well, ya.

The Only ones I really think made the most impact was Mecellan (Who I believe was fired) and Grant, who later became a president.

I remember William Tecumseh Sherman best because he was a pyromaniac and had schizophrenia

Or as my history teacher described it; “He would talk to his ‘top generals’ in his tent, but no one was ever there.
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby headsick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:54 am

According to Tumblr, Julius Caesar was so vain that when he got kidnapped by pirates, he made them raise the ransom money because he thought he was worth more than that. not sure how true this is, but it makes me laugh.
┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑
"All of you two-faced friends, you sycophantic suck-ups who smile through your teeth at me, please leave me in peace. Please go. Stop smiling. It’s not a joke. Please leave. The party’s over. Get out."
-Bruce Wayne
┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

headsick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm

headsick wrote:According to Tumblr, Julius Caesar was so vain that when he got kidnapped by pirates, he made them raise the ransom money because he thought he was worth more than that. not sure how true this is, but it makes me laugh.

I feel ya. It’s really funny.
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me