Best way to sort pets

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Best way to sort pets

Postby Haytham Stark » Sat May 11, 2024 3:29 am

My pets have gotten a bit unorganized over the years and I really want to fix that, but I can't seem to decide/find a good way to sort them all. The only ones I do have organized are holiday/event pets.

How do you have your pets organized and what do you feel is the best way to sort them 8-) maybe I'll find something that works for me.
Haytham Stark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Best way to sort pets

Postby Lia_ » Sat May 11, 2024 3:37 am

The way I sort my pets gives me a TON of groups, which might not be your cup of tea, but it's working alright for me so far.

I have groups that I like to keep at the top of the dropdown list, so their names start with 0. Here, I have my duplicates/trade groups, nursery, and event nursery, along with a couple of groups that just have pets that I like in them.

The rest of my groups are organized by year and event. So for example, I have separate groups for Halloween 2023, 2022, 2021, and so on. I only have groups for major events, though. To me, a major event is one that typically has more than one page of pets in the archive, so things like Christmas, summer events, Easter, etc. All other event pets go in a group called Small Events [Year]. I also have a separate group for monthlies for each year, and the staff pets for each year.

I like this system mainly because it gives me a quick idea of the worth of pets and I like seeing things organised into different sections XD. It does become a lot of groups, though, and every time I trade for pets, I can't organise pets I receive too quickly because I have to check what group they should go into, so it's not as easy as just separating by year, but it works pretty well for me.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 19 people.
I have received 21 gifts.
Lia_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haytham Stark » Sat May 11, 2024 3:55 am

Lia_ wrote:The way I sort my pets gives me a TON of groups, which might not be your cup of tea, but it's working alright for me so far.

I have groups that I like to keep at the top of the dropdown list, so their names start with 0. Here, I have my duplicates/trade groups, nursery, and event nursery, along with a couple of groups that just have pets that I like in them.

The rest of my groups are organized by year and event. So for example, I have separate groups for Halloween 2023, 2022, 2021, and so on. I only have groups for major events, though. To me, a major event is one that typically has more than one page of pets in the archive, so things like Christmas, summer events, Easter, etc. All other event pets go in a group called Small Events [Year]. I also have a separate group for monthlies for each year, and the staff pets for each year.

I like this system mainly because it gives me a quick idea of the worth of pets and I like seeing things organised into different sections XD. It does become a lot of groups, though, and every time I trade for pets, I can't organise pets I receive too quickly because I have to check what group they should go into, so it's not as easy as just separating by year, but it works pretty well for me.

:) That does seem like a helpful system, even if it is a lot lol
Haytham Stark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triceratops. » Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 am

personally i have a few groups set aside for pets i really like/dressups. i have them organized by year so i have pets i dont have dupes of/dont wanna trade away in those groups vs my one trade group and my rares+ group along with the high value group. keeps things tidy in my eyes, it's hard to explain but easy on the eyes
im so proud of you.

my pronouns are they/them
ImageImageImage
triceratops.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haytham Stark » Sat May 11, 2024 4:05 am

velociraptor. wrote:personally i have a few groups set aside for pets i really like/dressups. i have them organized by year so i have pets i dont have dupes of/dont wanna trade away in those groups vs my one trade group and my rares+ group along with the high value group. keeps things tidy in my eyes, it's hard to explain but easy on the eyes

:) that's a pretty cool idea. I never even thought of a group of dressup pets. I also really like dressing my favs up x3
Haytham Stark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Sat May 11, 2024 9:02 am

hellevi
Global Moderator