hi. I made my account in 2008 and now I'm here, rate my pets

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

hi. I made my account in 2008 and now I'm here, rate my pets

Postby Purrlstar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:42 am

hello! i literally remember using this website like one or two times when I was a child, some friends of mine reminded me it existed and they wanted some stuff from me because it was valuable.

Teach me how the site works? I put all my old pets that I already had when I returned into the same group called "oldies" if you'd like to take a look. I gave the ones that my friends wanted to them already and they gave me a bunch of cute common things in return. I Would love to know what the things I have are worth, how to find that info myself, what that means I can get, etc? One of my pals said that I can buy art for my OCs with the pets I have or something?? teach me the ways of chicken smoothie........

Not really looking for trades atm just trying to understand what I own and what that means I could do (but if I have something from your wishlist, post!!)
Purrlstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: hi. I made my account in 2008 and now I'm here, rate my

Postby kaspbrak » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 am

Hi ! Heres a link to a list that many users (including myself) Go by to determine rarity , Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4470908 I would refer to this . You do have quite a few high value pets ^_^

he/him
returning player
wip rentry

kaspbrak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puffy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:49 am

i can't recommend that thread enough, though the updated version of it is here :] Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4899188

along with that, you can ask for advice for trades here from other players! Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4931622
puffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrlstar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:51 am

hey thanks for the links! I'm a little confused with the terms and the layout of it but I'll have a look. IF any of you guys wanna explain to me like I'm 5 that'd be great- where do you go to see trades? is there no free adoption to browse from pets people have abandoned? (i can't find it anyway)

and does the archive entry for this month not have spoilers for the pets that are still growing? (no wolves, the monkeys seem to still be babies, are there rarities that have yet to bee owned by anyone so they're not there now?)

I was also told that you don't have a limit to how many pets you can adopt but yesterday i was only allowed 7 of the map cats, is that still true? or is it 7 every day?
Purrlstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaspbrak » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:57 am

is there no free adoption to browse from pets people have abandoned? (i can't find it anyway)

The pound is open right now , it opens randomly alongside the Lost and found and you can see it Here , under your adoption tab

where do you go to see trades?

To see trades , Theres the trading center under your "My stuff" tab but to find people to trade with you can browse the main forums and look for forum posts advertising trades

I was also told that you don't have a limit to how many pets you can adopt but yesterday i was only allowed 7 of the map cats, is that still true? or is it 7 every day?

Theres a limit to how many of each pet from the monthly litter you can adopt , If you click the dropdown menu when it asks how many of the pet you want to adopt id just select the max and adopt all of them at once . This goes for every pet from every species available

he/him
returning player
wip rentry

kaspbrak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softcookies » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:59 am

Hi! there’s a picture version of that list people are posting as well, which can be an easier way to learn it! Your pets from 2008 are true dates which makes them worth quite a lot.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4931622&hilit=fair+trade+thread
You can use this thread to post trades you get and people will tell you if they are fair or not!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxyou’ll float too you’ll float too
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxDerry's not like any town I've
xxever seen before. People die or
xxdisappear six times the national
xxaverage. that's just grownups.
xxKids are worse, way, way worse.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
softcookies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 pm

yeaha the list is pretty huge in its layout ^^"

there's a super good trading tutorial in the wiki (and many more tutorials), as well as name guides for older pets (here's the one for dogs 2008) that can help out with finding more information about what pets you have and what they're worth

the current month (and current event if there's any ongoing) archives don't have spoilers, pets after they're when they're fully grown which tends to be within 30 days from their first possible adoption!
you can have an unlimited amount of pets in your account, but every month each "litter" has an adoption limit, this usually goes hand in hand with the amount of variations the litter has. the rarities are calculated after the pets cannot be adopted anymore (since litters are monthly and during events), so its usually the following month when the pets get their rarity

some people post giveaways and free pets in this forum, and as for trading pets for ocs/art, there's a whole artshop category in the forums, and some people also have artshops that use the site's online drawing program over here

i also reccomend checking out the items you have, since they're old they also have good value! but its also a good idea to get an idea of the worth of what you have before seeking to trade it for art and ocs

oh and forgot to mention! a lot of people think "truedates" are more valuable (rare, very rare, extremely rare and omgsr pets that were adopted on their original month and not during a special december event) and your 2008 pets are truedate
Last edited by stan. on Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrlstar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:05 pm

@kaspbrak Thank you!! the pictures are very helpful c:

I got to look at the pound for a bit but was slow so I guess it closed before I could pick up anything? How often does it open?

I guess with the trades there's no "trading post" like say neopets or flight rising where you can see a listing of what people have, and its in the forums only, then?
Purrlstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FrostedGalaxies » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:15 pm

Purrlstar wrote:I got to look at the pound for a bit but was slow so I guess it closed before I could pick up anything? How often does it open?

I would say it typically opens 1-3 times a day. Many people use a dicord bot that alerts them when there is 5 minutes until the pound opens so that they don't miss it, but that also means that you have to be fast as many people log on to grab something.

Purrlstar wrote:I guess with the trades there's no "trading post" like say neopets or flight rising where you can see a listing of what people have, and its in the forums only, then?

Basically yeah. If you start a trade with someone you can see any pets that they haven't locked for trading and people typically specify in their trade rules or group names how willing they are to trade away different groups of pets. Many people also have specific groups for trading that they are more willing to part with.

Frost | they/them | Adult | AEST

FlightRising
Trades Thread

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FrostedGalaxies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:41 am

going to lock this as it is off topic for this forum + seems that you have gotten some answers/help! if you need help with anything else, feel free to send in a help ticket!
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me