Things that annoy you.

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Things that annoy you.

Postby Atwood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

I agree - running and maintaining a site like this isn't cheap, and Nick and Tess are busy students just like a lot of us. Why should they have to pay through the nose just so we can have fun? I know a lot of people who've been leaving the forums because they can't keep up with CS and their university courses, but Tess and Nick are having to actually run the site. How much time do you think that takes up in their lives? They aren't a big company out to get your money, they aren't profit-seekers who think they can get rich off an Internet game, they're just the same as a lot of CS users, except they have to pay a whole lot more for it and spend a lot more time working on it, so is it really fair to demand all this of them and then flip out because 'OMG they want us to actually help support the site and are offering some extra pets as an incentive! How horrifically unfair and greedy of them!'? I look at it as more a bonus system - if you pay to help support the site, you get these bonus pets. They aren't part of the regular collection, they're just a little extra that's nice to have but not essential.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Atwood wrote:I agree - running and maintaining a site like this isn't cheap, and Nick and Tess are busy students just like a lot of us. Why should they have to pay through the nose just so we can have fun? I know a lot of people who've been leaving the forums because they can't keep up with CS and their university courses, but Tess and Nick are having to actually run the site. How much time do you think that takes up in their lives? They aren't a big company out to get your money, they aren't profit-seekers who think they can get rich off an Internet game, they're just the same as a lot of CS users, except they have to pay a whole lot more for it and spend a lot more time working on it, so is it really fair to demand all this of them and then flip out because 'OMG they want us to actually help support the site and are offering some extra pets as an incentive! How horrifically unfair and greedy of them!'? I look at it as more a bonus system - if you pay to help support the site, you get these bonus pets. They aren't part of the regular collection, they're just a little extra that's nice to have but not essential.

You said it a lot better than I could've. C:
This is why I'm trusting Tess and Nick.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm

-had to log in just to comment on the matter-

Cheez, make one little change to the site and some people just go kaboom. If you'll remember, some of you didn't react very differently the first time the store was released, and look how pleased most of you are with the nifty new items.

What annoys me is how some people can't seem to stand that others have chances at things when THEY can't, if at least at the moment. When I was trying to trade for super-rares (during my time, the sundogs and moondogs), I admit it was trying to the point of horribly frustrating to be able to obtain one, but I managed to "complete" my collection through hard work and patience over time. The store pets are tradeable over time, anyway. When I used to be more active on here, I didn't have the means to buy store stuff, but it didn't bother me.

C'mon, some of you guys, these are PIXELS. If some people can pay for them, fine. If some people can't pay for them, I'm sure there's other means they can get them (hey, be thankful you can even trade -items- now). But for goodness' sakes, like everyone says, Tess and Nick have been supporting this site for SO LONG for FREE, it's only now they are requesting a bit of payment and it's not like you have to pay your whole life's worth for them pixels. It's the very little they can do to even support themselves, and some of you just blow up about it. =_=;;

(I'm one to talk aren't I, I'm not even active on here anymore~ 8D)

Anyway yeah just wanted to say something. I go poof now.

-waves-
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:It is nice to know how much faith you put in Nick and Tess.
Running this site isn't cheap, and they have to think of ways to continuously raise the money to pay for it. Releasing monthly store dogs will mean that there will be more money, which is good for everybody on the site.

I understand the need for money and I've always supported the idea of a store and thus store pets, it was the time constraints that bugged me, and how not everyone would have a fair chance to get them... But some of that bugginess has been destroyed by some new assurances of Tess in another topic (ie. prices have been dropped, they're willing to try out an every-other month release if this doesn't work out right)

Besides, I just got pwned by Tess's logic, so she pretty much has all my respect and faith...
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

it is impossible to please everyone, we get weekly requests from our store patrons to put more pets in the store, and then we get many complaints from our non-store patrons for doing so. Can't you all just accept that the store pets aren't part of a normal collection? You don't have to have them, just like the items don't matter. And since when were people trading 08 julys for a store pet anyway?
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

I've changed it to bi-monthly so that both sides will hate me but hey you can't win everything
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Tess wrote:Can't you all just accept that the store pets aren't part of a normal collection?

But... But...

WE GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!

Po-ke-mo.... I.. I mean... CS pets...

Tess wrote:I've changed it to bi-monthly so that both sides will hate me but hey you can't win everything

Well, thanks Tess, I know I appreciate it. And I'm sorry if we've been rude about the whole matter... The whole *leap-before-you-think* mentality set in for me when I first heard of it...
Last edited by ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Aurorastar wrote:
Tess wrote:Can't you all just accept that the store pets aren't part of a normal collection?

But... But...

WE GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!

Po-ke-mo.... I.. I mean... CS pets...

lol xD totally

hey aurora I read that you haven't been able to trade for store pets but I'm always offering store stuff if you PM me to organise a trade
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Auzzeren » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Tess wrote:it is impossible to please everyone, we get weekly requests from our store patrons to put more pets in the store, and then we get many complaints from our non-store patrons for doing so. Can't you all just accept that the store pets aren't part of a normal collection? You don't have to have them, just like the items don't matter. And since when were people trading 08 julys for a store pet anyway?

Yeah, that's hard. I'm not even allowed to get CS$ DX

by the way Tess, I made this for you:Image
Auzzeren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Don't worry about it, Tess. :)

For one, it's impossible to go to the depths neopets went to, so I'm not sure why folks are bringing that up. >_>

Secondly, most of us understand the cost of running a site like this. Do what you gotta do. As long as the store doesn't interfere with the release of normal pets, I can't find much reason to complain (except for my lack of will power D:).
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me