Calling All Musicians!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Calling All Musicians!

Postby eminachan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Everyone.
I play the clarinet, piano and a little bit of cello and guitar.

“We have to believe in reality and must face it with all our might. There’s no bad life or good life. “This is good life” or “This is bad life”, I think those are just theatrical words. That is just a subjective opinion. “This is my life”, there is a beginning and an end. It’s better if we think that way.”
— Ninomiya Kazunari

“Unlike a game, it’s not about winning or losing. But being able to help even a single person with the little things you do or making someone feel happy, if we can convey anything to someone it’s worth having done."
— Aiba Masaki
eminachan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucisking » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 am

I play the flute and have been playing for 'bout 3 years now...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please help me complete my wishlist!!
lucisking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little_miss_beth » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 am

hi! I play piano and oboe! your not the only one!
SIGGY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
little_miss_beth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sammaet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

I'm a musician in my senior year of high school now, I play trombone (and bass trombone), trumpet, baritone/euphonium, tuba, piano, flute, and I'm also in my school's drum line, in which I have played the marching bass drum (bass 1), I have experience on snare drum, and this year I'm on the tenor drums, So i believe I can help you out with double tonguing =]

Double tonguing is useful for any instrument, I believe that all musicians should know how to use it as it may be of help in the future! It's not that difficult really- instead of only utilizing the front of your tongue, to make the "ta, tu, da, doo, ti, di" tongue, you use the back of your tongue in addition to it, to produce a "ku" syllable. Basically, if you can say "tu-ku tu-ku tu-ku tu-ku," you can double tongue. It's as simple as saying that into your horn, as opposed to the singular "tu" or "ta"

It takes a great amount of practice to be able to get both syllables (tu and ku) to come out clearly through your horn, but after a while of practicing, and saying "tuku tuku tuku" on your own without your horn (to get your tongue used to the rythym) you should be able to do it just fine. =]

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need any other tips-feel free to pm me. =3
Dear Mods: Sometimes Mensing and I share an IP address (we're friends in real life), there's no need to ban for that:)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Sammaet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mellophone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 am

Sammaet wrote:I'm a musician in my senior year of high school now, I play trombone (and bass trombone), trumpet, baritone/euphonium, tuba, piano, flute, and I'm also in my school's drum line, in which I have played the marching bass drum (bass 1), I have experience on snare drum, and this year I'm on the tenor drums, So i believe I can help you out with double tonguing =]

Double tonguing is useful for any instrument, I believe that all musicians should know how to use it as it may be of help in the future! It's not that difficult really- instead of only utilizing the front of your tongue, to make the "ta, tu, da, doo, ti, di" tongue, you use the back of your tongue in addition to it, to produce a "ku" syllable. Basically, if you can say "tu-ku tu-ku tu-ku tu-ku," you can double tongue. It's as simple as saying that into your horn, as opposed to the singular "tu" or "ta"

It takes a great amount of practice to be able to get both syllables (tu and ku) to come out clearly through your horn, but after a while of practicing, and saying "tuku tuku tuku" on your own without your horn (to get your tongue used to the rythym) you should be able to do it just fine. =]

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need any other tips-feel free to pm me. =3

ohh that makes sense! it's really cool you play that many instruments.
“Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music of the night.”

ImageImageImage

“If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved it is because your love redeems me.”

- Ph.O.

Tell a joke, get a prize!
Mellophone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyhne » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am

Kuda wrote:CLarinet, Double bass, electric guitar/bass, Trombone (its my brothers though so i fail) And a little piano. I need help from other bassist. Slap bass. Thoughts? the other guy in my group reallly wants to learn it. but ive heard it can destroy my bridge and strings. Help please 8-)
-Kuda

Hmm, I can't help you on how to do it, but I haven't heard that it can be bad for the instrument...then again, I'm a cellist. 8-)

From what I've seen, you just slap your flat palm on the strings of the bass, but I'm sure that is a very poor opinion. ^^;
formally user asiandragon; you can call me Roshon!
no pronouns preferred (they/them accepted) | adult | queer | tumblr
I haven’t been on CS in 10 years; lots of pets from 2010/2011, let’s trade!
Nyhne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animallover610 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:27 pm

I am brass!
I play trumpet, but my band class hasn't learned how to double toung yet, sorry.......
I also play piano and a little bit of guitar. Not much guitar, though.... :)
90% of teens would die if Facebook's Server crashed. If you are the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this in your Siggy.

99.99% of girls would pass out if Justin Bieber dissapeared. If you were the 0.01% happily poking your hostage with a spork post ths in your siggy.

Image Image Image Image

I'm just to awesome for my own good, and you know it. The people who hate me are just jelous of me and my superior awesomeness skills.
Animallover610

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sammaet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

puffball20 wrote:
Sammaet wrote:I'm a musician in my senior year of high school now, I play trombone (and bass trombone), trumpet, baritone/euphonium, tuba, piano, flute, and I'm also in my school's drum line, in which I have played the marching bass drum (bass 1), I have experience on snare drum, and this year I'm on the tenor drums, So i believe I can help you out with double tonguing =]

ohh that makes sense! it's really cool you play that many instruments.

Mhm, double tonguing isn't so bad once you get the back of your tongue stronger. And thanks! I work a lot at all things music =P
Dear Mods: Sometimes Mensing and I share an IP address (we're friends in real life), there's no need to ban for that:)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Sammaet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Achi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

puffball20 wrote:
KageKazumi wrote:yay! another trumpet/cornet!

ooh, cool, trumpet! all the trumpet players in my school are SOO obnoxious. Don't even get me started about our alto saxophones... they BLAST! but trumpet is a cool instrument.

@Kage: Ello! 8D Glad to see some of my kind. x3

@Puffball20: Ugh, I know, I absolutely HATE it when brass players blare. D: It sounds horrible and makes the band sound just awful.
Achi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kuda » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmm, I can't help you on how to do it, but I haven't heard that it can be bad for the instrument...then again, I'm a cellist.

From what I've seen, you just slap your flat palm on the strings of the bass, but I'm sure that is a very poor opinion. ^^;

Thats what i thought. SLap bass, sorta explains its self doesnt it? xD
Anyways thanks!
My fursona Bosco
Kuda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me