Environmental Destruction and Ways to Stop It

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Postby Distantgaze36 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:54 am

Hello. I'm here to promote the cause of stopping environmental destruction. Some of the causes are devastating to animal species, such as the Southern Chinese Tiger. The Southern Chinese Tiger is the smallest subspecies of Tigers, and there are only 20 left alive. This species is known to be functionally extinct in the wild, and one of the main causes for that problem is environmental destruction. You see, animals need to live in a certain habitat, otherwise they cannot survive. When these habitats are destroyed, the animals have nowhere to go. Do you see where I'm going with this? Ok, so, imagine you're a tiger(any species of tiger), and it's just another normal day. You're out hunting when suddenly trees begin to topple down all around you. You run back to your den to hide, only to find that your den has been destroyed. Days later, you're on the brink of death and collapse in an alleyway. You wouldn't be able to survive, and died right there in the alleyway. This is what happens to so many animals. Every day, animals lose their homes to construction and logging(Logging is the activity or business of felling trees and cutting and preparing the timber). When these animals lose their homes, they're chances of survival drop to almost zero. This is why so many species of animals have gone extinct. Did you know there used to be eight species of tigers, but three went extinct? The Balinese, Caspian, and Javan tigers have been extinct for at least three decades(about 30 years). Some ways to stop environmental destruction are.....

1: Spread awareness

2: Talk to others about it

3: Follow the three R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)

4: Pass on Paper; Try to not use paper, and instead use reusable items(Example: Try using reusable clothes instead of paper towels).

5: Conserve water and electricity.

6: Replace disposable items with reusable items.

7 Support local and environmental friendly; Try buying local items.

8: Change the way you get around; Try riding a bike or walking to places that aren't far.

9: Be mindful of eating habits.

10: Grow your own food or buy locally!

11: Embrace second-hand shopping.

12: Replace standard products with energy efficient versions.

Please do try to help the environment. Not only do animals need the help, we do as well. We rely on the environment, so please try and help.
Sincerely,

Distantgaze36
Distant or River(Distantgaze works as well)

They/Them or She/Her

I admit, I'm a simp. An absolute simp, I won't deny it. ;v;"

Kirishima is a ray of sunshine and Denki is a hopeless flirt. The innocent children. (*silently simping* *awkward cough*)
Distantgaze36

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Environmental Destruction and Ways to Stop It

Postby Shy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:32 am

Hi there, there is already a thread dedicated to Environmental education/activism here:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3814990
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me