Wild bird chat

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Wild bird chat

Postby Mycorrhizae » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm

I love birds, especially wild ones so I thought it might be nice to see how else likes wild birds. Whether you're an avid birdwatcher who can identify every bird in your area or you just like birds, come on in!

What are some of your favorite bird species? What bird would you love to see in its native habitat? What's the coolest bird you've seen? Or the coolest thing you've seen wild bird do?
hi i like birds
Mycorrhizae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wild bird chat

Postby swiftheart54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 am

coolest thing i seen a wild bird do? i saw a crow? i think it was, take a piece of bread and go fishing and actually catch a fish :shock:

i also saw one of those little song birds go into a Fred Meyer through the garden center and raid the wild bird seed :lol: best thing ever lol
swiftheart54

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mycorrhizae » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm

That's really cool to see that! Crows are one of my favorites. They're crazy smart and use tools. The ones around here chase squirrels into busy roads... smart but also kinda scary.

Bet that song bird saw all that seed and was just like "jackpot!"
hi i like birds
Mycorrhizae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvus corax » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 am

i actually have a raven myself so he really doesn't count, but corvids, in general, are just absolutely fascinating. i had made friends with a local flock/murder of crows at the nearby small but beautiful nature reserve. my partner was taking pictures and dropped his camera lens cover (if there's a real word for those i don't know it) and didn't have an extra. he has a very nice camera and was very reasonably concerned about scratching the lens on the way off the bridge, on the hike, or on the ride home. one of the crows flew down and got it for us and we gave it (him, i think) an extra big helping of all-natural cat treats.
anyways, i just thought it was really cool that a bird could tell that we needed the lens cover and managed to find it and bring it back. it wasn't a long drop, but long enough that neither of us could get it so i think it's awesome how the crow managed to locate the small black disk amid rocks and dead leaves (the water was way down). i've heard of stuff like this happening before, but never to me.
Last edited by corvus corax on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i don't bite (unlike half the animals i work with lmao)
bird chat | weird pet stuff | trades | pet site | credit
|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
corvus corax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StButtersworth » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:34 pm

I won time saw wildk turkeys outside of my hosue aross the street because theyres a field over there and I didnt know that turkeys could be wild they were really nice tho and they responded when i gobbled a tthem :>
I have 10 friends and 630 chimekns so uou could say /im blesssd
StButtersworth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diabrona » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:09 pm

I've been so enamored with birds lately! I've stumbled upon interesting ones online and done research, which led to even more! But enough talk, I'd rather show some of them!!!

Pesquet's Parrot! (Also known as the Vulturine Parrot!)

The Andean Cock-of-the-Rock!

The Himalayan Monal!

Diabrona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HappyAurora12 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:01 pm

I like hummingbirds. I see quite a few of them at my apartment. They like to drink from the flowers on the bushes.
HappyAurora12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Man I live in the UK so birdlife is nice but limited in comparison to other places I feel.
Recently there have been blackbirds that keep me awake at night because of their 4am singing habits :/

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualpet » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Iros: I live in Florida and I wouldn't say I'm a birdwatcher, but I have a strong fondness for the seabirds around here. The herons are probably my favorite, but I also enjoy passing by ducks and egrets when walking. Pelicans are also pretty neat, but you only see those if you go down to the beach. Also I like seagulls and generally seem to be the only person around here who does, I think they're adorable pfft

Image Anomaly Image

adult ☆ systemkin ☆ alien

don't call us alters/say we have DID!

virtualpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HappyAurora12 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:25 am

virtualpet wrote:Iros: I live in Florida and I wouldn't say I'm a birdwatcher, but I have a strong fondness for the seabirds around here. The herons are probably my favorite, but I also enjoy passing by ducks and egrets when walking. Pelicans are also pretty neat, but you only see those if you go down to the beach. Also I like seagulls and generally seem to be the only person around here who does, I think they're adorable pfft

Ducks are very nice. I see them at my school when it rains. Sometimes I see Canadian Geese in the winter. You really don't see much seabirds when you live in a desert. :(
HappyAurora12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me