The Rat Thread

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Rat Thread

Postby sorroh » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 pm

How many rats do you own;; 2 girls <3
What brought you to the rat thread;; want to vent about my baby Salems recent eye removal
Do your rats know any tricks;; Sorroh can spin!

So I named this account after my first rat, Sorroh (pronounced just like Sorrow). I also have Salem, who's super chill and laid back. Sorroh's an absolute crackhead. So one night they're free-roaming and I'm doing homework, when Salem runs up to me and her eye is kinda popping out of her skull and bleeding everywhere. She didn't make any noise, and I know Sorroh didn't do anything because she was asleep next to me
I was devastated. I thought this was gonna be the end of her life. I felt awful because even if I was just paying a little bit more attention then I could have stopped this all from happening. I have these rocks that I painted with their faces and names, with space for their paw prints when they die. On the back I have the day I got them (don't know the day they were born) and then the day they end up leaving me. So I got hers out and was preparing to write "March 30, 2020" under "September 27, 2019". So I cleaned her up and put her in her cage with her favorite foods and extra toys. I sat with her for almost 7 hours before I fell asleep (I noticed the eye around 1 am). The vet only had a slot open for 2 PM, so I had to wait for then to get her in.
We get her in, and the vet almost immediately comes back out, telling us that he tried to get the eye back in but it wouldn't stay, and the soonest he could take it out was 8 am the next day.
So at 8 am today I took her and dropped her off. Cried a lot, listened to our song (I sang it to her over and over while sitting next to the cage), and slept. Now I own a very happy "pirate rat". She is doing great. Eating, drinking, playing (safely, I've got an eagle eye on her now) and just bein her normal self. 2 weeks until we go back in for a check up unless something happens, and lots of medicine. She is so good at taking meds though, she is just a total champ. I aspire to be as brave and strong as my little Salem <3
they have an Instagram account, @2rats3eyes but the newer pictures are kinda gross cuz of all that went down.

Im really glad I found this thread <3
π•·π–Žπ–‘π–Žπ–™π– | π•Ύπ–π–Š/π•³π–Šπ–— | π•¬π––π–šπ–†π–—π–Žπ–šπ–˜
sorroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairusa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:06 pm

How many rats do you own;; Two girls, named Tofu and Tidbit <3
What brought you to the rat thread;; I wanted to see if there were any threads about rats, and to my delight, there is!! I wanna see your cuties <3
Do your rats know any tricks;; Tofu answers to her name and can come when called :0

Hello, everyone!! I'm super psyched to be here <3333
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
fairusa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Mon May 25, 2020 3:54 pm

How many rats do you own;; Uhhh including the new litter, 16.
      What brought you to the rat thread;; I searched the pet discussion category and found it! c:
      Do your rats know any tricks;; Not yet. :/
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me