Underrated Animals

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Underrated Animals

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Juiceboxed wrote:Animals aren't overrated, they are just loved. We don't give other animals enough attention. A lot of people think that felines and canines are boss and the other animals are trash/disliked

Thanks Overrated Animals thread for the idea •^•
I personally think that cats are super underrated, they just bask in the shadows of doggos and they really deserve more love than they get.
Yes, i am a cat person. ;-;
And echidnas, they're the cutest thing ohmygosh, i only learnt about them from Sonic but they're legit my favorite animal and i flippin' love them-
EDIT
Edit had to be taken out because of the great staff on this website 😌
Last edited by POSTAL 2 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: all im saying is kendrick should think abt callin up megan

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Underrated Animals

Postby crackerbox_palace » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 am

I will have to disagree with you when you say cats are underrated. In many countries, including Russia*, there are more cats as pets than there are dogs by at least 5 million in population. I think they've got plenty of love!

*Edit; and China & the United States
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sylvexi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:45 am

I agree with zaika-- in all my experience on the internet, and in real life, there's cats just about everywhere. And they're all given a lot of attention and love! Both cats and dogs are given a ton of attention!

I personally just love foxes, geckos, salamanders, owls, and swallows. Dunno if they're underrated or not, but they're amazing!
x
Haha, you're trembling...
Is it the cold, or just cowardice?
Sylvexi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 pm

More obscure, but I love hornbills, especially southern ground hornbills. We have one at the zoo I work at, and she’s very friendly and intelligent. She loves picking up rocks in her beak and showing them to visitors.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DizzyGlitchez » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:09 am

I agree to the part of "cats being underrated". I think they are the easiest pet to take care of, mainly because:
1 - It washes itself with the mighty tongue. Unless it is pretty dirty, no need to take them to a bath.
2 - They don't poop everywhere that's a place. Cats poop on their litter, and nowhere else. They do poop outside their litter if it's too full or they can't find it, but if they find it or it's not full, they do it on there and only on there.
That's my opinion though, don't start a argument with me because i gave out my opinion.
DizzyGlitchez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:34 am

Minico wrote:I agree to the part of "cats being underrated". I think they are the easiest pet to take care of, mainly because:
1 - It washes itself with the mighty tongue. Unless it is pretty dirty, no need to take them to a bath.
2 - They don't poop everywhere that's a place. Cats poop on their litter, and nowhere else. They do poop outside their litter if it's too full or they can't find it, but if they find it or it's not full, they do it on there and only on there.
That's my opinion though, don't start a argument with me because i gave out my opinion.

Preach. I agree with this.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: all im saying is kendrick should think abt callin up megan

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:18 am

cow and such:)
after i did see what cow can do and can be used for then simply milk, meat or fur,....most say they are stupid and cant learn things... i have to say they are underrated.
They can do agility, jump small things, they can be trained some tricks, learn with clicker training, can be ridden when the back is right for this and strong enough, they can pull things, they help people with fear of large animal because they are so calm and gentle :) would really love to see them be given more respect and see people train them....sadly i dont know any near us^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horsesMC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:28 am

I think rabbits are underrated as well. Many people think rabbits are just cuts cuddly pets that like to stay in their cages or sit on your lap. They are actually really playful and active and they can even be trained to jump.
horsesMC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:51 am

People have already said this, but... cats are NOT underrated in any way, shape, or form. They are very, very popular pets and I know just as many cat people as I do dog people. Sorry if this sounded rude in any sort of way, it just gets on my nerves when people talk about how cats are so under-loved and how people only like dogs. We all know that it’s not true.

I think rats are super underrated. Every time I mention to someone that I’d love to own some in the future, they usually respond with “ew” or “gross” or “they have weird tails”. I can understand if you have a rat phobia or something (I’m afraid of caterpillars), but saying that you don’t like an animal because they’re “disgusting” when they really aren’t is just... unnecessary.
vet assistant
bio-med major
pisces sun, aquarius moon, cancer rising
intj-t
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruffimutt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:49 pm

I would say Chickens are very underrated. Most people assume they are dumb bottomless pits that shoot out breakfast, but actually many chickens are smart just like other birds. They are social, and some love attention like parakeets or dogs!
Ruffimutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me