Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby .Middy. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Since we were talking Bones’ future plans the other day. He got to have his first try at a sleeve since I’ve had him today! He did really well, his breeder thinks he will be a nice IGP dog once he’s matured a bit. Said his grip was good for not having any teeth lol. He’s earned a sleeve of his own so I’ll be getting him one soon so once his teeth are back we can really get into it.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm

hey! i haven't posted here (or been on cs) in a really long time, so i thought i'd introduce myself (again?)

i'm sarah, and this is thumper! he's an (estimated) 8 year old border collie x retriever, he's an assistance dog and has been working + saving my life for years.

xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:53 am

방탄소년단 wrote:Image

hey! i haven't posted here (or been on cs) in a really long time, so i thought i'd introduce myself (again?)

i'm sarah, and this is thumper! he's an (estimated) 8 year old border collie x retriever, he's an assistance dog and has been working + saving my life for years.

gosh your dog is so beautiful! i really love the contrast against the orange patches/leash and his black fur c:
do you have an instagram for your pup?
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 am

So are there actual good chewing toys out there?
Gizmo has found himself at the age where his teeth can do some real damage, and he can at times be pretty destructive.

I know the best antidote is play and wearing them down (which I do most of the time) but it is at that stage of settlement that he passively begins chewing on my door, or expensive work stethoscope (which 99.9% of the time is not in a place where he can reach it, that was my bad, but of course he found it).

He won’t touch the nylabone plastic dog toys, I am cautious to give him bones because in the past he hasn’t digested them well (yes I used dog safe quality bones)
Last edited by Gizmutt on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pangolin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:07 am

Flerken. wrote:So are their actual good chewing toys out there?
Gizmo has found himself at the age where his teeth can do some real damage, and he can at times be pretty destructive.

I know the best antidote is play and wearing them down (which I do most of the time) but it is at that stage of settlement that he passively begins chewing on my door, or expensive work stethoscope (which 99.9% is not in a place where he can reach it, that was my bad, but of course he found it).

He won’t touch the nylabone plastic dog toys, I am cautious to give him bones because in the past he hasn’t digested them well (yes I used dog safe quality bones)

I've got a super chewer, she's a pitbull so she can do some damage. I've found that rope toys are pretty hardy and a lot of those toys labeled "indestructible" are in fact, not indestructible lol. Sometimes, I go to the thrift store and buy some old plushies and let my dogs go to town just ripping them up. Where are you buying your bones? Have you tried ones right from the butcher? Marrow bones from my local butcher are a hit and I haven't had any tummy problems.
{ Pangolin - Call Me Pan }
| Dexter | Honey | Sadie | Athena&Rhea | Rusty | Parker |
Pangolin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:29 am

Does anyone here have a service dog in school? I really need help.
Most of my teachers single me out and ignore me or put me in the back of my classes just because they don't like my dog. Justin has never done anything wrong, he's very focused and always on his best behavior. I had this problem at the last school I went to a few months ago. Kids were afraid of him because he's a GSD mix.
I can't say anything at my new school though, nobody will believe me.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 am

you still need to document and discuss this with administration. we have a service dog in training at my college that sits in one of my classrooms. that said, your only real option is talking to this teachers and the administrators. document by recording of the “not liking” don’t let them put you in the back of the class because of him. he isn’t just a dog but your medical equipment which by law, cannot be discriminated by if he is doing his job and not chasing issues.they need to just ignore him.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:44 am

방탄소년단 wrote:Image

LizzytheWolf wrote:Does anyone here have a service dog in school? I really need help.
    Most of my teachers single me out and ignore me or put me in the back of my classes just because they don't like my dog. Justin has never done anything wrong, he's very focused and always on his best behavior. I had this problem at the last school I went to a few months ago. Kids were afraid of him because he's a GSD mix.
    I can't say anything at my new school though, nobody will believe me.
      Sorry you have to deal with that. Though they might be putting you at the back of class to make it easier on you and your dog, not because they don't like your dog. If you sat at the front, other kids might try and distract your dog or get unfocused. I would suggest having a discussion with your teachers or the principal if you are concerned or upset by it though!

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:17 am

Thumper's gorgeous, reminds me of a flat coated retriever. (:

@ the chews discussion: Barnaby's a super chewer too. The only thing that's really kept him happy are the yak milk chews. They've lasted him long and they're edible so no worries about ingesting pieces that he shouldn't. He also refuses to touch Nylabone products for some reason or another. All toys we play with are Kong brand and they last the longest, but not forever.

Also I lurk more than anything but I just wanted to say it's been so nice watching Bones grow and develop. (: I always play dancing phalanges with my pups so his name always makes me smile like a madwoman. He's gorgeous and I can't wait to see where the future brings you two!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me