Your best animal sightings?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Your best animal sightings?

Postby Jaegerthegreat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 am

I've seen a couple bald eagles here but my most recent sighting that I've never seen before was a coyote! (It was smushed tho). I also saw a northern flicker on my bird feeder the other day, but I usually just see downy woodpeckers. My dad once saw a box turtle while hunting, and I found a Butler's garter snake while out hunting.
Jaegerthegreat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magicmusic17 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 am

I am looking to be a part of the community so I'm glad there's a page like this. Since I live close to nature I have cool animal sightings all the time. One of my favorites is when a bird walked right up to me. I was sitting on a log with my friend in the woods, and the bird flew from out of the low hanging branches of the tree next to us, and just watched us. It was truly magical to just chill with that little bird.
magicmusic17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Painful Affinity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:09 pm

I once saw a piebald blackbird. Right in front of my window too. Saw it several more times in the area before it just vanished to never be seen again.

Oh and i saw a creamy coloured duck in the park several times too. It was the same kind of duck as the others but instead of dark brown, like the other females, she had this beautiful cappuchino colour scheme. I was always so happy when i saw her. She was such a beauty. However it has been a while since i last saw her.

Other animals i saw around here are more common like red foxes, deer and rabbits. But they're so shy and mostly come out when it's somewhat dark so i can't say i saw many of them.

..yeah that might not be the most exciting encounters but we don't exactly have cougars or moose around these parts...unless in a zoo maybe xD
Painful Affinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FishKnight » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 am

I think the coolest I've ever gotten to see was a takahe pair and their chick! I also saw some wild tuatara on the same day which was amazing as well!
While you do we them around a lot one of the other animal sightings that stands out to me was the time I was climbing a tree as a little kid and noticed a huge kereru on the branch only about a meter away from me. It stayed there for ages as well, I remember being so awesome by it.
Also kea. Anytime you ever see a kea is just the coolest.

━━━━━

She/Her ☂

Art making person ☂

Pigeon fan ☂

Too many books I want to read, too many podcasts I want to listen to ☂

━━━━━
FishKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 am

i've got a couple!!

firstly, i was walking home one day with my brother past this quarry. there's a fence by it & we were about to walk past this tree and i saw a little rustling out of the corner of my eye. turns out, a beaver was just hangin' out by the quarry!! pretty sick! i got a video of it as it was just walkin around! it was pretty cool hehe.

i also had this time where i was going shopping with my aunt a few years ago. we were just minding our own business and as we were driving past this road sign we both just saw a Whole falcon just hangin' out on top?? it was the weirdest experience but i remember it to this day. it was very majestic

another one! i was hanging out with a friend of mine at our school playground (a lot of people would go over there after school hours and just sit around or play basketball) and we decided to go into this field-looking area with some hills. we noticed a killdeer running around (it's a bird that lives all over where im from) and behind it were little chicks!! they were the cutest things in existence.

i was on a trip to disney with my parents (i was 6 or 7 years old) and we just got a car to use & were stepping out of the car to get into the hotel. right before i got out there was this baby snake on the ground! i had to jump past it because my family doesn't come from a place that has many snakes so we weren't sure if it was venomous. it was really crazy!!

okay!! last one!! i was on the same trip to disney and we were eating breakfast out in this outside patio area. we were talking about what we were going to do that day when i noticed something on a palm tree. turns out it was just a little gecko just chillin' out!!! i loved him.
★★★★i
noch, adult, any
toyhouse - carrd
noch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am

A bird nested in my yard and layed eggs and it was the best thing ever ❤️
goner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:07 am

This isn't really mine, but more my mom's.

While she was driving down the road one day, she saw a Bald eagle on the side of the road perched on top of a deer carcass eating it. Needless to say, she said it was a really amazing sight to see, and while we have Bald eagles where I live (in some places, there are nesting boxes on top of electric poles reserved for them) you barely get to see them, except for the rare instance you see them flying high up in the sky.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinewuui » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:12 am

so in the desert we have these evil pig things called javelinas (they eat your garbage and wreck your yard at 3am)
well, they only show up at night and hardly ever show their babies
so, one day my dog starts barking (like usual) so i go outside and see like 10 adult javelinas and 4 babies in the middle of the day

so... that was pretty cool
(here's what a javelina looks like if you wanted to know)

⇢ ˗ˏˋWHAT YOU LACK... IS THIS! ♡

juno/ulysses - they/it - certified cs "veteran"
every now and then i return to this lawless wasteland of a website out of
curiosity hi everyone. i make arts and stuff. check out my toyhouse. i like dmc,
suda51 games and mgs. that's all you need to know.
sinewuui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am

Saw a raccoon lately, an albino squirrel, and a wild rabbit and a lizard! (Don't know what kind of gecko/lizard)
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 am

i saw an albino squirrel and a red raccoon! (no, not a red panda, i mean the raccoon with uncommon reddish fur)
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me