Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby honeybears » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm

smol baby bear bump
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:41 am

honeybears wrote:
pinkponygirl311 wrote:I love bears! They're super niffty. I've seen a documentary that polar bears have bred with grizzly bears to make a funky combination!

Yup! They are called "Pizzly" bears. It is a very unique hybrid, without getting into the "grizzly" details (hehehe) They are one of the few hybrid species that can reproduce! This means grizzly and polar bears are pretty much the same animal in the way a chihuahua and a pitbull are. Very fascinating.

Really? Man, I have to study bear evolution and genetics; that sounds pretty cool.

Code: Select all
[b]Do you have a favorite species of bear (living or extinct)?[/b]
https://s1.postimg.org/3l8cyjbw0f/Screen_Shot_2017-08-09_at_8.05.56_AM.png
i am so sorry
User avatar
The Worst Username
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby honeybears » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:41 am

The Worst Username wrote:
honeybears wrote:
pinkponygirl311 wrote:I love bears! They're super niffty. I've seen a documentary that polar bears have bred with grizzly bears to make a funky combination!

Yup! They are called "Pizzly" bears. It is a very unique hybrid, without getting into the "grizzly" details (hehehe) They are one of the few hybrid species that can reproduce! This means grizzly and polar bears are pretty much the same animal in the way a chihuahua and a pitbull are. Very fascinating.

Really? Man, I have to study bear evolution and genetics; that sounds pretty cool.

Code: Select all
[b]Do you have a favorite species of bear (living or extinct)?[/b]

Yeah it really is fascinating. I spent hours on wikipedia alone and in genetics books. I was studying biology at the same time so that was neat and helped me keep engaged in my learning :D
Do you have a favorite species of bear (living or extinct)? I do!! I like Kodiak bears, which is a variant of the grizzly bear that lives in Alaska. They are the second largest bear I believe? They are cute and differ from a normal brown bear in the shape of its muzzle, and its overall size. I also really like the extinct "cave bear". It sounds like something out of a kids book but a cave bear was a prehistoric bear that dwelled, naturally, in caves. They were like grizzly bears taking steroids. They even had fights with a species of cave lions, which was also just like giant lions, over food and territory.
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby Cruxich » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 am

I happen to find bears very cool, though most people think they're scary and frightening because of their size and how strong they are.
In Montana, the most common bears we have are black and grizzly bears. Glacier Park is a good place to see them, though its rather rare. What's good though is that in some places, a few trails or areas are closed off due to bear activity. It's to prevent people from possibly having a unfortunate encounter with a bear, and it gives them peace from being disturbed.

At the AG center I used to go to, there was this one morning where we were able to see a live black bear. It was in a cage, sedated cause they were gonna release it back into the wild after I believe they were doing studies. I was able to stroke it and I can tell you bear fur is a bit rough and bristly, not soft like most mammals fur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
Image
x
x

Image
x
x

` credit ` link ` link ` FR ` toyhou.se ` Hollows ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. The problem with people is that they're only human. ! -- ❞
x
x

Image
x
x

██
██


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User avatar
Cruxich
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:07 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby honeybears » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Cruxich wrote:I happen to find bears very cool, though most people think they're scary and frightening because of their size and how strong they are.
In Montana, the most common bears we have are black and grizzly bears. Glacier Park is a good place to see them, though its rather rare. What's good though is that in some places, a few trails or areas are closed off due to bear activity. It's to prevent people from possibly having a unfortunate encounter with a bear, and it gives them peace from being disturbed.

At the AG center I used to go to, there was this one morning where we were able to see a live black bear. It was in a cage, sedated cause they were gonna release it back into the wild after I believe they were doing studies. I was able to stroke it and I can tell you bear fur is a bit rough and bristly, not soft like most mammals fur.

That is honestly so cool! I wish I could touch a bear! The closest I have come is petting some very large fluffy dogs (lol). That sounds like an amazing experience thank you for sharing!!!
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby honeybears » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 am

honeybears wrote:Yeah it really is fascinating. I spent hours on wikipedia alone and in genetics books. I was studying biology at the same time so that was neat and helped me keep engaged in my learning :D
Do you have a favorite species of bear (living or extinct)? I do!! I like Kodiak bears, which is a variant of the grizzly bear that lives in Alaska. They are the second largest bear I believe? They are cute and differ from a normal brown bear in the shape of its muzzle, and its overall size. I also really like the extinct "cave bear". It sounds like something out of a kids book but a cave bear was a prehistoric bear that dwelled, naturally, in caves. They were like grizzly bears taking steroids. They even had fights with a species of cave lions, which was also just like giant lions, over food and territory.


I also found a chart that has different kinds of cave bears if you are interested :-) The one I was referring to is a classical cave bear
Image
Image
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby honeybears » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 am

bump Image
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby honeybears » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 am

Image
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby pinkponygirl311 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm

le bump~
Image
God has an unconditional love for you. No matter what you do, no matter what you believe He still loves you. He is always there for you, you just have to be willing to take His hand. If you have questions I will be happy to answer best I can.
🐻 ❤️ I Support Bears ❤️ 🐻
User avatar
pinkponygirl311
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby honeybears » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

Image
User avatar
honeybears
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests