Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby drift. » Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 am

oooo, well i've never heard of that, sorry xc
I'll look it up;; it sounds great though, and hopefully he'll like it if I switch him to it.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello! I dont know if you all remember me, but I finally got my bunny! He is about one year old, named rocky, and we're thinking some sort of lionhead mix! He is the best boy ever. But I ave one concern. He is always shaking. He'll be flopped out infront of me with his back legs out and shaking. He'll be binkying around and then start shaking. Have any of you had this? His heart rate is so fast he's just shaking and I dont know whats causing it. He was a rescue but I don't know if that would do anything to it? Please help me! I'm concerned about my baby :(
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Wed May 09, 2018 12:49 am

Birb wrote:
rose.bloom wrote:Hello! I dont know if you all remember me, but I finally got my bunny! He is about one year old, named rocky, and we're thinking some sort of lionhead mix! He is the best boy ever. But I ave one concern. He is always shaking. He'll be flopped out infront of me with his back legs out and shaking. He'll be binkying around and then start shaking. Have any of you had this? His heart rate is so fast he's just shaking and I dont know whats causing it. He was a rescue but I don't know if that would do anything to it? Please help me! I'm concerned about my baby :(

Has he seen a veterinarian yet? As soon as you bring home a new pet you should check up with the vet for a wellness exam either way, but constant tremors could be a sign of neurological problems.

Agreed. If you ever have any concerns about your pet, please take them to the vet immediately. It's best to do that rather than posting on here for advice.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Fri May 11, 2018 4:19 am

Hey all ! Just wanted to come on in and introduce my rabbit, Volkswagen : )
I've had this fluffbutt for a little under a year now, and he turned a year old in April ! He is a mutt of a rabbit, we think he is a mini rex, holland lop mix . He is also neutered ! He is a devil of a rabbit and likes to poop in my room and only my room >: ( The little brat . Other than that he is completely litter trained !
He likes car rides and his favorite food are bananas .
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 am

@rose.bloom
sounds like a vet visit should be in order. i don't mess around with shaking as it could be an underlying neurological issue.

-

also, guys, cherry sues babies are eight weeks old. D: i'm only keeping one and one has already found a home but i'm not ready to give them up. why can't they stay little? lol
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 am

@Spectacular
N'awh I bet they're adorable; and I understand, the little buggers grow up too fast :'')

@all
Does anyone have their own rabbitry or keep rabbits for meat? I'm thinking about starting a rabbitry for show and pet mini rexes but I'm going to switch my cat to a raw based diet as well so the rabbits will be a big help.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 am

@drift.
I own my own rabbitry. I breed show quality mini rex and starting up in show holland lops.
I also know a lot about raising for meat although I myself don't do it. c:
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Wed May 30, 2018 12:20 pm

My handsome new boy Meyers! I adore this guy even if he does act like a grumpy potato sometimes lol. Hoping his doe will be ready to breed soon! I’m really excited to see what they produce, hoping they get Meyers head I’m not a huge fan of Kindra’s but she’s produced some nicely marked kits in the past, hoping they will pair together well!

Drift- I do both. Well i will be if I can get everyone bred lol. I have Polish and Harlquins for show and their culls will be meat.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 pm

drift. wrote:@Spectacular
N'awh I bet they're adorable; and I understand, the little buggers grow up too fast :'')

@all
Does anyone have their own rabbitry or keep rabbits for meat? I'm thinking about starting a rabbitry for show and pet mini rexes but I'm going to switch my cat to a raw based diet as well so the rabbits will be a big help.

I used to breed New Zealands as meat rabbits :)
I had a rabbitry for about 12 years. I showed Jersey Woolies for the most part, but dabbled in quite a few breeds. Sold out of rabbits a couple years ago... now I have a jersey wooly buck and a holland lop buck. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Need Help Naming Bunnies!!!

Postby ThatOneKidd0821 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 am

We are getting two new kits because of the passing of my pregnant doe. :cry:
But we are getting our two new kits!
Meet Kenai (dark one) and Nikita (white one)!!
Attachments
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0664.jpeg (171.26 KiB) Viewed 122 times
Last edited by ThatOneKidd0821 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThatOneKidd0821

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me