Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby pizzas and scream » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am

a cat can never learn what "owch you are hurting me" when they hug you right? you just give them a manni or gloves. Gary hugs me and hangs on to me with meathooks of love so much.

Thalassic wrote:
Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:She was trying correct him for eating grass he never stops though and we gave three cats you would thinkshe'd know by now.

Correct him for eating grass?? That's a completely normal thing for cats to do....

i was almost going to be silly and ask about "can i rerout my cat's attintion to better vegetation? even if grass is ment to help them expell something they don't want? tell the cat not to eat grass but spinnach"
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 am

We can't have our oldest cat eating grass cause he throws up and he takes medication for an underactive theroid. So we just don't let him eat grass, The medicine has to stay in him.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:55 am

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:a cat can never learn what "owch you are hurting me" when they hug you right? you just give them a manni or gloves. Gary hugs me and hangs on to me with meathooks of love so much.

When my cat was growing up, I guess I was always super gentle with him and never "fought" with him using my hands. Now he's about 3, dad fights with him all the time and gets scratched all the time, while when I play with him, he never uses his nails. It's kind of funny, even if I'm like "attacking" him with my hand, the most he would do is smack my hand with a soft paw or gently hold my fingers in his teeth. I don't think he's ever bit me to the point literally any other cat in my family has.
Don't know if it's much to do with his upbringing or if he's just an exceptionally gentle boy. Course sometimes when he stretches against my leg or when I carry him on my shoulders, he might use nails to hold on, but I've never actually been scratched or bitten by him to the point it would leave a mark for more than a day.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 am

Thalassic wrote:When my cat was growing up, I guess I was always super gentle with him and never "fought" with him using my hands. Now he's about 3, dad fights with him all the time and gets scratched all the time, while when I play with him, he never uses his nails. It's kind of funny, even if I'm like "attacking" him with my hand, the most he would do is smack my hand with a soft paw or gently hold my fingers in his teeth. I don't think he's ever bit me to the point literally any other cat in my family has.
Don't know if it's much to do with his upbringing or if he's just an exceptionally gentle boy. Course sometimes when he stretches against my leg or when I carry him on my shoulders, he might use nails to hold on, but I've never actually been scratched or bitten by him to the point it would leave a mark for more than a day.

percy is the exact same way with my sister. with her it's all soft paws and gentle nips, but with anyone else it's teeth and claw. he's really a gentle cat and doesn't lash out much, but when playful he's completely different when it comes to my sister and the rest of the household. meanwhile with tiny it's every man for themselves. she'll play with all the weapons in her arsenal since she knows no better, she'll stick her claws in your skin and bite hard but never in a mean way.

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Okay so before I start this just know that I fully intend to take my cat to the vet regardless of anything discussed here, but I would like to hopefully get some insight as to what it could be before then if possible.

Today I noticed an area of my cats fur that had clumped together, I assumed it was just something from the garden that'd gotten caught in her fur and had a little look but decided to leave it. But every time I pat her I go over the bump and she slinks away from my touch whoever I go over it so I decided to look at it again and tried to cut off some of the excess fur so I could see what it was.

I cut a bit of fur off which was less compact then the rest and couldn't really see anything, so I gently went to cut more and she got tried to attack me. Needless to say I didn't try to do that again. I had another look at what i could and all I could see was that her fur was very compact in that one tuft and that was it but I couldn't move it too much as it upset her a lot. So I've come to the conclusion that she must either have a splinter or something, or she's got a growth of some sort.

I feel like the second is more likely but I can't figure out why it'd hurt if that were the case and honestly I'd just really love to know what you guys think about all this. The weird compacted area of fur is about a centimeter long a half a centimeter wide.
Last edited by Topsy Turvey on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:31 pm

You need to take her to s vet we cannot give you medical advice on how to handle this topsy turvy.

CS rules forbid us from giving you duch advice but ut it us oainful a vet visit is what you should do.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:You need to take her to s vet we cannot give you medical advice on how to handle this topsy turvy.

CS rules forbid us from giving you duch advice but ut it us oainful a vet visit is what you should do.

I wasn't asking for any medical advice, I'm not going to touch or do anything with it and I've already said I'm going to take her to the vet. I was just asking opinions on what people thought it might be until I can do that. I've done a bit of googling on tumors in cats and such and couldn't find anything that sounds like what she has so I was hoping someone else would have some suggestions as to what it could be.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 am

Topsy Turvey wrote:Okay so before I start this just know that I fully intend to take my cat to the vet regardless of anything discussed here, but I would like to hopefully get some insight as to what it could be before then if possible.

Today I noticed an area of my cats fur that had clumped together, I assumed it was just something from the garden that'd gotten caught in her fur and had a little look but decided to leave it. But every time I pat her I go over the bump and she slinks away from my touch whoever I go over it so I decided to look at it again and tried to cut off some of the excess fur so I could see what it was.

I cut a bit of fur off which was less compact then the rest and couldn't really see anything, so I gently went to cut more and she got tried to attack me. Needless to say I didn't try to do that again. I had another look at what i could and all I could see was that her fur was very compact in that one tuft and that was it but I couldn't move it too much as it upset her a lot. So I've come to the conclusion that she must either have a splinter or something, or she's got a growth of some sort.

I feel like the second is more likely but I can't figure out why it'd hurt if that were the case and honestly I'd just really love to know what you guys think about all this. The weird compacted area of fur is about a centimeter long a half a centimeter wide.

It sounds like a mat to me. My old cat used to get them along her spine a lot. When they're close to the skin, any sort of touch pulls at the fur, and by extent, their skin, so that would explain why it hurts her to touch it. It's possible she managed to get something tangled in there, too.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 am

Topsy Turvey wrote:Okay so before I start this just know that I fully intend to take my cat to the vet regardless of anything discussed here, but I would like to hopefully get some insight as to what it could be before then if possible.

I agree that it could just be matted fur, especially if she has longer fur.
Or maybe she rolled in something sticky and it's just made some knots in her fur. So touching that spot would be similar to trying to brush out knotted hair, which can obviously be pretty painful. You should definitely try to see if that's all it is. Maybe get someone to help you hold her while you cut away more of it, but the vet would definitely help with that too.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx