* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Elliwoods!! » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Ok thank you guys! Until I get a stick of sorts and get him well trained with a target, he is nicely trained to come over to my finger when I call him luckily, ill try using that way more often,,
hi
hello
hi hi hi hi hi hi

█│
█│
█│
-
Heyo im Ell!

Help me with my macaw hoard !!
-

hi
hello
hi
hello
hi
Elliwoods!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluebudgie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am

It's very amusing how birds sometimes dislike/get excited over the silliest things. My one budgie doesn't like the color red, and hearing the sound of water running sometimes causes him to have a screaming fit. Anyone else have a bird with an odd quirk?
Christian - Image - INTJ
Feel free to message me. I'm not the best at conversations but I don't mind chatting.
bluebudgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aidoneus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 pm

bluebudgie wrote:It's very amusing how birds sometimes dislike/get excited over the silliest things. My one budgie doesn't like the color red, and hearing the sound of water running sometimes causes him to have a screaming fit. Anyone else have a bird with an odd quirk?

Yes! My pair of conures hate everyone except for me, any dog, and my bestfriend. My female, gadget, with go into a rage fit if anyone that isnt part of that group is even near the doorway and will take it upon herself to attack them terribly. My male is more chill, but if you're too close he will bite. They also have a weird obsession with my pug, i've had my birds since they were hatchlings and my pug basically "raised' them so whatever she does they tend to copy (this includes mimicking barks,tail wagging, fetch, and pug sounds)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Image Image
██████████████████████
𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝

─────────────
Full time Student
-
Artist
THDA
art shop
└──────
Aidoneus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wlw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:59 am

hey everyone!! recently my two zebra finches have begun pecking at the cage bars. i'm not exactly sure why. they're free to leave the cage for most of the day, have a cuttlebone and several toys, etc etc. i wouldn't think it was out of boredom but i'm not sure what else could cause this or if i should be worried. any advice? thanks!

simon - she/he | art thread
wlw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:12 pm

blackfoot wrote:hey everyone!! recently my two zebra finches have begun pecking at the cage bars. i'm not exactly sure why. they're free to leave the cage for most of the day, have a cuttlebone and several toys, etc etc. i wouldn't think it was out of boredom but i'm not sure what else could cause this or if i should be worried. any advice? thanks!

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned if they seem happy and healthy and are not hurting themselves! My partner and I have two zebra finches as well, and in my experience they just go through phases of being interested in pecking at different things. If you're worried though, you could try rearranging their cage entirely? If boredom is their reason for doing it, that might distract them for a time. But, knowing finches, it's probably their new version of playing. <:

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kimmon » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Username: kimmon
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 1 budgie
How long have you had them?: 7 weeks
What brings you to the bird chat?: just to chat and learn a bit more about budgies and other birds.

I have realized I have never showed anyone on cs my pet budgie!
this is Echo he is my pet budgie. he loves chirping at his reflection in the mirror. to the point I made him this little mirror toy and he looks up close at it and dose these clicks and pecks at his reflection in the mirror toy! I am working on getting him to sit on my finger or hand. so far I have got him to eat food out of my hand and drink water from a cup in my hand.
kimmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Welcome Kimmon! Echo is super cute. It's really awesome to hear that he eats/drinks out of your hand! Let us know how the hand training goes!

In some news of my own, back in March, a budgie flew into our yard (attracted to hearing my budgie). We tried lost & found pet groups, bird pages, parrot alert (he's still up there), etc. and could not find an owner. ): He was in pretty bad shape, he had lost most of his tail feathers and ended up twisting his leg through stress. He was quite young when we found him too. I've been taking care of him since then, and although he's not the most social thing, he's really funny. He loves my other budgie who has shown little to no interest in him. He copies all of her noises too!

His tail feathers have grown back, and he's put on a little more weight and has pretty healthy feathers. Still has leg issues, and I noticed he has a birth defect on one of his toes, but he get's around alright and has a good spirit. For now, he's been named Totoro. He's super food motivated and has a bath on his own basically every day, which is super strange to me since my other budgie refuses to bath! He's let me pet his head a few times but he's not the biggest fan of hands unfortunately.

I love him very much, but I am hoping someday parrot alert comes through and someone recognises him, and he can be returned to his home. I know I'd hate to lose my bird and to not have her returned. I still check bird lost & found groups every now and again, too, but nothing yet. ):

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyulf » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:59 am

I now have 3 Budgies, and one of them recently fostered a Lovebird egg, she was sitting on her first clutch, the lovebird egg was rescued, I put it under her and a few weeks later the little Lovebird hatched, she fed it and everything, I took over feeding it when it got too big for her.

This is a short video of my youngest Budgie Sky. There's a crystal ornament hanging in the window, I was trying to capture some rainbow light on him, but it didn't happen. I hand raised him, he's probably only around 8 weeks in this video.
https://i.imgur.com/vI6ntcy.mp4 He's such a gentle soul. He's going through his first molt and has changed color a little sin some places he's a darker aqua.
UR PPS Dragon Auction
My Birthday 7th May

Eyulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osleya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:45 am

i don't know if this is the right place to be, but i have chickens

Username: osleya
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): five (two rhode island reds, one barred rock, one ameraucana, and one silkie bantam)
How long have you had them?: about a year
What brings you to the bird chat?: i only have chickens right now, but i love all kinds of birds
STRIKER EUREKA ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬🟃▬▬
𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘪
𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺/𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 ● 𝘱𝘢𝘯/𝘣𝘪 ● 𝘢𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘵

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬
𝗧𝗢 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦,..............

...........𝗪𝗘 𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬
this month i have watched
pacific rim seven times

(they are jaegers, not transformers)

▬▬▬▬▬ () ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬ GIPSY DANGER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬🟃▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🟃
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KinardTheSock » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Username: kinardthesock
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 3 parakeets
How long have you had them?: 1.5 years
What brings you to the bird chat?: just want to see other bird people and perhaps talk about my babies. I have 3 parakeets: Lemonade (female white/pale yellow), Lime (female? Green), and Linus (male, blue). They don't really like me very much but I love them so here I am !
Pet's name: Saki
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!color=#800080]Trade me please![/color]
KinardTheSock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me