Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Goldschakal » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:37 pm

we had to move to this house in the city and we have a horrible neighbor that puts up bird houses above a cat street/alley.
so when the small baby birds jump outside the bird houses they will get eaten by cats but this neighbor is so shortsighted that he thinks if our cat was just gone then there wouldnt be any problems.
he actually threatened our cat and when we tried to talk to him he just doesnt even answer the questions and said "theyre city birds so its fine". we already have enough problems so we cant afford to pick a fight with random people.
i feel so sorry for the birds and i hope he doesnt touch my pet. sorry for weird english.

also my parent love animals but they dont really wanna learn how to handle them correctly so they stress our cat with petting her too much or petting her like a dog and giving her some fatty foods.
i always try to correct them but they flat out ignore me "if she hates it why does she keep coming back to us?" "oh just let her have this her life was bad enough already".
she was abandoned by her previous owners and roamed the streets. she is quite old the vet wasnt able to tell us her age at this point.
Goldschakal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foggy Mist » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:50 pm

I hate it when people say pitsbulls are so bad or they can easily kill you. Any dog can hurt or kill you, doesn't matter on the breed of the dog, it all depends on the tempter of the dog. I have two pit bull mixes of my own Sasha and Cow both are females. Sasha was shot by a cop all because her face is a pit bull, yes she does walk up to cars and might bark at you but she wouldn't bite. My grandma (having troubles with her) she says pit bulls are bad and that angers me.
✞May StarClan light your path Thanks wimsy-draws for the profile pic: Image
Pet's name: Scourge NFT
Foggy Mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:47 am

i am so angry right now.
    one of my really good friends, who is also my neighbor, is getting kicked
    out of his apartment by our landlord for owning a pitbull.
    mind you, i own 4 cats and a german shepherd, so this boosted the amount
    of the anxiety i was experiencing that day with the thought of being
    asked to leave for the pets i own. her pitbull is huge, but 100% pure cuddle.
    i was so infuriated that i actually thought about leaving the complex too,
    even though that is totally obsurd for me at this time of my life. i never
    thought of our landlord as a bad person, but what they did was so unacceptable.
    she went around telling people on our floor and a few floors up and down to
    watch out for my friend's pitbull, and i had to pretend i wasn't angry at how
    she described the dog.
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virthyte » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 am

So I had this neighbor, a girl.

We would play, bc she was right next to us.

She would come into our house, and at the time we had 2 kittens, (Blue & maddix.)

They were very small, and delicate,, and she would literally force them to drink, like stuff there faces in the water,food. She would carry them in a way that was hurting them. My mom despised the girl, and the other neighbors.

It was the same for some French girl we use to play with, she would force them to snuggle, they would meow in-pain a lot.

I would tell them to stop, since hey, my cat, my sisters cat. You don't get to hurt them >:O

We have an old dog, (a smol one.) he's old, and hurts sometimes.

So, this boy, young. Would pick him up, bother him. And the dog would growl showing signs, "I don't like this." and yet he still annoyed our dog. And my mom would tell him to stop, we don't need to get sued because some kid wouldn't stop bothering our dog.

This goes for my nan as well? My cats are older now, and she kicks them away from her. Like?? cmon there not gonna kill you, there nice, fluffy and they barely shed. Im standing there like, "lady can you stop kicking my dam cat?? like? before I kick your face?"

It has happened like, everytime. Oh well, we basically despise all of our neighbors bc there rude :^)
🎔

I like Fish and Birds :3

He/him & They/them

-Adult-

I rarely play this, maybe ill get back into it

No clue what Rarity is on this game, nor do I want to.

Very unsure about trades, i'm quite the nervous fella.

🎔
Virthyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friends dønt lie. » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 am

^^ agree

My neighbors are pretty much all little kids, and they always come over to "play" with the animals

This one girl always comes inside, and she kicks my two dogs away. When Baxter, my teddy bear dog, growls (cause he's just a grumpy old man) she acts all dramatic

These other two girls always come to see the bunnies. They will literally come to squeeze them and hold them like a baby (which you're NOT supposed to do) and they try to escape and they don't let go of them. One of our bunnies escaped once because of them. But it's okay, we caught her haha

They also come to play with our birbs. Lemme just say, our birbs are not very playful

All I can say is, little kids should not own animals c':
𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕙...

☁ ☁ ☁

she;her - june 29th
hey there, i'm abby! if
you couldn't tell already, i'm
super obsessed with
stranger things. i also
love it, starbucks,
and pretty much anything
your basic teenage girl
would like. anyway, feel free
to pm me or something whenever,
xxxxx i'd love to chat! xxxxx

coding shop

𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪 𝕥𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣
friends dønt lie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:08 am

WolfenStarzz wrote:All I can say is, little kids should not own animals c':

I agree 100%. You have no idea how many times I've seen little kids at the shelter I volunteer at holding the cats the complete wrong way, bothering the dogs, sticking their fingers in the faces of the puppies that they're not supposed to play with because they're under 6 months, squeezing the bunnies, et cetera. The shelter staff always stop it when they see it, and volunteers such as myself do as well, but it just really ticks me off when parents see the giant obvious signs about the correct way to hold the cats and don't tell their kids if they do it wrong, even if the cats are whining and yowling because they don't like it and it hurts. I feel so bad for all the kitties, and I wish I could just adopt them all. Sigh.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 am

I know exactly what you mean!!
These kids came over and wanted to go in my aviary and I said yes thinking they would be fine,
But no!
They stated throwing my quails around and one got a concussion (Eddie lived, but still..)
And they asked to hold one of my finches.
Nuh uh. Not losing a finch to your death grip.

And theres this other kid that comes over cause he's friends with my little sis but he's sooooo mean to my dog!!!

He drags her around with her lead,
Hides the food bowls so she has to eat from a plastic plate until we find them, :?
Kicks her,
yells at her,
shuts her in the laundry....

Man, my dad gets real angry :what:

I do not like this child :thumbdown:
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:20 pm

One Child At the park asked to pet my Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, And I said sure! Mine is still a puppy so fairly small still and she comes up and pets her, And was like ohh pretty dog, And i said thank you... anyways she decided she would grab my dog and try and pick her up, I said oh she doesn't like that and she said Oh My dogs like it so she does do. I got so pissed that we just walked away. LOL
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raikki » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 pm

These aren't my animals, but honestly I feel like it. I went to the zoo the other day, and there are some animals I love enough to tell apart. And there were Day camps there- no biggie, educating kids about animals is great! Except their leaders were- ah I shouldn't be too mean- they weren't the brightest. These kids were screeching near animals- not even bg enclosures, but in the tiny terrariums that house the sweet snakes and geckos. Poor things. And there was a hedgehog on display by someone- a zoo keeper was taking care of them. And people were howling at it. This hedgehog, up in the middle of the day, in a clear container with no hide, getting howled at. Seriously was so close to going over there myself. Then? The day camp was at the bat enclosure. Which clearly says DONT TAP ON THE GLASS. They were tapping it, leaning on it, and screaming in there. Poor bats.
Yeah they're not my pets but still. Just annoying people hurting poor animals ;;
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghiaccio » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 pm

our village is filled with bad people
a group of young adults tried to kick my kitten (that was not even a year old yet but they became a year old two days ago) in the face, he was already bruised and missing his claws from being hit by a car, my dad threatened them though,he wouldn't hurt them unless they tried to kill him tbh but they never came back.
and someone i know had their cat viciously murdered because someone set their dog on it telling it to kill it :/
I hate where i live.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Caŋ ɣɔu track ɛm, Mɛlɔŋɛ?~
ϟ Ghia |♐︎||They/Them ϟ
Enby Lesbian
Feel free to dm- I don't bite.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
♡Mel♡
current obsessions
↓↓↓
Jjba (pt5&6)