Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby lameloserlexi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 am

Delta is so cute! My cats only catch mice and moles outside >.>

--

My cat Picasso's pregnant and I can't wait to see her kittens, she's a tiny little calico cat so I see pretty little babies :3
"I hope that I'm the reason that you can't sleep
I hope that your whole life sucks without me"

Working 2-10:30pm EST M-F, please bare with me!
CaCPokéFarmWarriors RpDog pack rp
lameloserlexi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:16 pm

At least she actually eats the thing. My cat Wynnie catches mice, but she just carries them around the house. I have to take them from her and let them go outside.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Hey guys, I have a question/concern that maybe you guys could help me with.

Spike is about 3.5 months old (born October 20th). Today I got him neutered.

I'm not sure of the exact time of the neuter, but they let me pick him up early at 1pm rather than 4pm {because the weather was bad and it was a 100 mile drive home}.

Anyway. They said the surgery went well. He was doing really good (alert, 2x as affectionate as usual, and basically back to normal).
He didn't pee in his kennel on the way home, but when he got home (at about 3:30pm) he used the litterbox.

He emptied his bladder, but when he got out I noticed that he had peed all over his leg! That had never happened before!
Is that okay post-neuter?? Was it because he was still numb? Should I contact the clinic?

Thanks in advance for any help!
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:51 pm

ru. wrote:Hey guys, I have a question/concern that maybe you guys could help me with.

Spike is about 3.5 months old (born October 20th). Today I got him neutered.

I'm not sure of the exact time of the neuter, but they let me pick him up early at 1pm rather than 4pm {because the weather was bad and it was a 100 mile drive home}.

Anyway. They said the surgery went well. He was doing really good (alert, 2x as affectionate as usual, and basically back to normal).
He didn't pee in his kennel on the way home, but when he got home (at about 3:30pm) he used the litterbox.

He emptied his bladder, but when he got out I noticed that he had peed all over his leg! That had never happened before!
Is that okay post-neuter?? Was it because he was still numb? Should I contact the clinic?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cats will usually recover fairly quickly from their surgery, but they can act a little off or groggy for a few hours afterward. As long as he's acting normally otherwise, I'm sure he'll be fine and it's just a temporary side-effect of the surgery. If it continues to happen for more than a day or so, or he starts acting strangely, definitely give your vet a call.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:59 am

My apartment complex requires all feline/canine pets to wear collars.
Which is fine, but Sadie gets really bad hotspots with collars.
I have tried several different types (I make sure they are sized appropriately) ,
but she is always really itchy, and ends up with bald patches, and scratches the collar it's self to the point of breaking.

I feel bad for her/ and am at my wits end trying to make it work, to stay in regulation of the apartments requirement, but also trying to keep my cat from hurting .

Does any one have any good recommendation for good cat collars?
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 am

Tepin. wrote:
I have tried several different types (I make sure they are sized appropriately) ,
but she is always really itchy, and ends up with bald patches, and scratches the collar it's self to the point of breaking.

I feel bad for her/ and am at my wits end trying to make it work, to stay in regulation of the apartments requirement, but also trying to keep my cat from hurting .

Is she an outside cat? If you kept her inside or even leash trained her, then maybe you could ignore the rule for now?

Have you seen a vet about this? It sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to some material or something.
If you could find out what specifically is causing this, it would be easier to find a collar that doesn't irritate her.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:02 am

Cataclasm wrote:
Tepin. wrote:

Is she an outside cat? If you kept her inside or even leash trained her, then maybe you could ignore the rule for now?

Have you seen a vet about this? It sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to some material or something.
If you could find out what specifically is causing this, it would be easier to find a collar that doesn't irritate her.

She is strictly an inside cat. She does have super sensitive skin. It has been an issue in the past, and has been looked at. I've tried about every material I can think of between soft leather-fabric.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:14 am

Tepin. wrote:

Have you tried a harness? I assume the only reason they require collars is so that if they get lost, people will see the tags and bring them back. So if that's the case, I don't see why a harness would be against the rules as long as her tags are on it.

As for finding the right material, I would suggest something all-natural. I've noticed that poly-fibers and silicon can irritate an animal's skin pretty easily. Maybe try silk, 100% cotton, or animal hide? Rabbit hide is supposed to be very soft, so maybe if you could find or make a collar with that material, it would help with the irritation.

Other than that, the only other thing I could suggest is keep her collar off when you're home with her, and only put it on her if you have to leave.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danibo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi guys! I have 3 cat's I'd like to know the breed of.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=590868F3 She has green eyes and an extremely small head. She is fluffy.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59462307 She has greenish-yellow eyes, is very fluffy and is confirmed maine coon. Very small for 100% maine coon, though.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59105672 Irregularly small in height but has a large build and lots of fluff and matted fur. She has green eyes.

Also, I have an adorable picture of Liebe and Jovi cuddling! Liebe didn't feel like sleeping on the ground.
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59062A2E
      now watch me w.i.p
danibo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 pm

||Prince Kastile|| wrote:Hi guys! I have 3 cat's I'd like to know the breed of.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=590868F3 She has green eyes and an extremely small head. She is fluffy.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59462307 She has greenish-yellow eyes, is very fluffy and is confirmed maine coon. Very small for 100% maine coon, though.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59105672 Irregularly small in height but has a large build and lots of fluff and matted fur. She has green eyes.

It's really hard to ID breeds in cats unless they've got very distinctive traits (like the point coloration plus long narrow features of Siameses for example) since cats aren't as specialized as dog breeds. If you didn't buy from a breeder who gave papers then there's no way to tell for sure besides a dna test and even then it may not be super accurate especially with cats. Though I think DNA tests are like $150 so I doubt you're curious enough to drop 300 bucks just to see possibly what breed(s) your cats are haha.

First cat I have no idea. Domestic longhair (AKA mixed breed AKA cat mutt :p)?? That teeny tiny white spot on the chest is adorable though :3

Third cat looks fairly similar to the one you said was Maine Coon. Siberian Forest Cats are also similar in appearance to Maine Coons. Maybe even a "reject" American Bobtail? Or could just be a mix of any number of breeds. *shrug* Pretty mackerel striping though!
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me