Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 am

AdamJ wrote:hello!! im glad this exists.
i'm looking to get another rabbit (pet) sometime but ive had two (a rescue dutch mix- was "calico" of some sort)
and a lop gotten from a petting zoo lol.

the dutch lived to 9 years and the lop died at 6.
we were told "pneumonia " for the lop, but how can a rabbit get that? could it be somehow related to the other rabbits death?

anywyas, we are looking at the rescue center and such.

I'm sorry to hear about your bunnies. :(
Are you only getting one new rabbit? Do you plan to adopt another later to bond with that one? c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AdamJ » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:
AdamJ wrote:hello!! im glad this exists.
i'm looking to get another rabbit (pet) sometime but ive had two (a rescue dutch mix- was "calico" of some sort)
and a lop gotten from a petting zoo lol.

the dutch lived to 9 years and the lop died at 6.
we were told "pneumonia " for the lop, but how can a rabbit get that? could it be somehow related to the other rabbits death?

anywyas, we are looking at the rescue center and such.

I'm sorry to hear about your bunnies. :(
Are you only getting one new rabbit? Do you plan to adopt another later to bond with that one? c:

Maybe, we have indoor rabbits as we don’t really have a yard for them (and parents think it’s inhumane for them to be outside in a cage). Our first rabbit lived alone for about 4 years and bonded well with our cats. When Sonny came along right after our cats passed away and they got along well. We currently have two cats (small, most pet rabbits are the same size) so they might bond with our cats.

Discord | DragC | About Me | ©

⇜◦ ◅☣▻ ◦⇝

I'm Adam Joseph
u can call me Joe.... momma
Been playing off and on since 2013
dms are open
trades are open
I own 3 dogs. they are my world

AdamJ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:24 pm

last time I was here I posted about the rabbits we had just gotten, two silver fox ladies, jazzy and froppy. Unfortunately, jazzy passed away today and we dont know why or how. She was the runt of her litter and very small, but she showed no signs of any illnesses either.

Froppy has no one to hang out with during the day now, and so I'm trying to retrain her so she gets used to being held again, shes very skittish and has been since we got her, even tho we went though the normal training process originally. Any tips for this?
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:02 am

@Winstalgia let your bunny come to you, don’t try picking her up or petting her until later. Lay down on the floor and read or scroll your phone while your rabbit explores and can climb over you and smell you on her own terms. You can also put some healthy treats nearby to lure her over and associate you with good things. But remember to ignore her the whole time as to not scare her off.

Romeo and Echo just got back from their Pre-exam. They are 100% healthy boys! Echo does have a small white bump on his eyelid but the vet says it’s not a big concern as long as it doesn’t continue getting bigger. So maybe 98% healthy lol! But they are all set to be neutered on January 5th which is super exciting!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:07 am

@blue aussie - thank you! She does let me pet her but I probably spend a majority of the time reading in her enclosure (its outside, a large run with mats and a bench for people) she actually comes to greet me whenever I approach the gate, and I usually pet her then and if she comes up to me after that. A lot of times I dont touch her though, I'll just walk around, sit down, let her inspect my book.

She likes to nose boop me when I'm reading ^^

Thank you!
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:51 am

^aww, that’s a awesome start then! And some bunnies just don’t love a lot of attention, my Netherland dwarf, Echo, is very picky about when I can and can’t touch him lol!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Long time, no see! I hope everyone is doing well! :D

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nervousdog » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:27 am

First off, apologies for the large images !! But I wanted to post some photos and an update on my bunnies : )

Volkswagen is the grey lop that I've shown before !! He is doing well, but in October there was a moment I thought we were gonna loose him . He had stopped eating so we pushed food and fluids and he has been better since, I've chalked it up to stress from our temporary living situation that has left him needing to be caged much more often than he is used to . Soon we will be able to free roam him again though ! The photo is from today where we took him out to play in the snow a bit !

The brown rabbit is a new addition ! Her name is Leila and she is a purebred lion head . She was originally my boyfriend's older sister but she ended up getting pretty neglected and was living under a mountain of clothes forgotten in her cage . She isn't fixed yet ( Volkswagen is ) and is almost a year old . She is pretty skittish and shy currently, and we haven't worked on bonding her to Volkswagen yet- but we plan to eventually !! She is a very sweet rabbit nonetheless, unlike Volkswagen who happens to be a brat !!
aquarius ♡ 3oh!3 stan ♡ dog trainer ♡ 5 . 10 . 20
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 am

^ Both of your bunnies are adorable!! I'm glad you were able to take her and give her a happier life c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:50 am

figured I would give a lil update here on froppy!

She has been doing well, and she is getting used to my company and whatnot too. Everytime I go outside now and go to the gate, she greets me and follows wherever I walk. I tend to sit down on a cushion inside the main section of her enclosure that I've now claimed to be my spot haha. Earlier today I went straight to my spot and she came from outside her cage to greet me, before laying down about a foot away from me, and from her body language I assumed she was relaxed.

She doesn't run from me when I pet her either, but I still wait until she comes to me first.

I also bought her a small hut which she is about the size of but she likes tossing it around :)

I do have a question regarding cats and rabbits, tho. I did some research online regarding rabbits and cats and read that they can make good companions for each other, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with it? I have a cat and he is also an outdoor cat. He doesnt care about froppy (btw frop is almost a year old) and I assume the cat is over the age of 10 (he is a street cat, but isnt feral, hes actually the friendliest cat I've ever met, and he gets along with the bearded dragon and the chickens) my sister wanted to attempt to bond the rabbit and the cat, but I wasnt entirely sure about the process and if I should to begin with. And my mom said we should just get another rabbit, but my dad is iffy on another pet)
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me