Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Blue_Aussie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:59 am

Big News everybody! I am going to be getting a brown female lion head tomorrow! She is 6ish years old and is spayed so i don't have to worry about that. Also, Romeo and Echo are being neutered January 5th. c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:44 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:Big News everybody! I am going to be getting a brown female lion head tomorrow! She is 6ish years old and is spayed so i don't have to worry about that. Also, Romeo and Echo are being neutered January 5th. c:

Woohoo! New buddies are always exciting. :D

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:05 am

I got my new baby girl, Gem, last night. She is the sweetest bunny ever! She definitely isn't pure lion head, she is larger and has angora ears lol! She settled in nicely, her owner gave me all of her stuff including a small cage that she just uses as her home base because she was a free-roam bun, now unfortunately because i have dogs she does have to stay in a large X-pen in my bedroom... she is 6 years old and doesn't play or run much though so I don't think she will care too much. c:

My boys are also in an X-pen in my room and are just so curious about Gemini! I can't wait to bond them but I'm going to wait until Romeo and Echo are neutered in January if I can wait that long.

Anyways, thats what I've been up to! Ive also been considering making a youtube channel about bunnies but I've no idea how to become a youtuber lol maybe someday!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:17 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:I got my new baby girl, Gem, last night. She is the sweetest bunny ever! She definitely isn't pure lion head, she is larger and has angora ears lol! She settled in nicely, her owner gave me all of her stuff including a small cage that she just uses as her home base because she was a free-roam bun, now unfortunately because i have dogs she does have to stay in a large X-pen in my bedroom... she is 6 years old and doesn't play or run much though so I don't think she will care too much. c:

My boys are also in an X-pen in my room and are just so curious about Gemini! I can't wait to bond them but I'm going to wait until Romeo and Echo are neutered in January if I can wait that long.

Anyways, thats what I've been up to! Ive also been considering making a youtube channel about bunnies but I've no idea how to become a youtuber lol maybe someday!

Honestly, that sounds wonderful! I have 1 bun right now and his name's Maximus. Max for short! I'm a fairly new rabbit owner still learning new things but I've had Maximus since he was a little tiny furball. And um he used to be Daisy... yeah I'm sure you can guess how that turned out when we got another bunny. Max loves to fling his toys and bowls all around and as I speak he's moving his bowl around xx He's almost completely free roam around my house even though we have doggos, but believe it or not, Max scares them. It used to be the other way around when we first got him but not anymore! He'll bite and scratch at them if they come to close to his area. And, yes. I do supervise him when they are around, just to be sure.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 am

Max sounds so cute! How old is he? he sounds like my netherland dwarf Echo, super playful lol!
Though i trust my own dogs around my bunnies, i own a small dog boarding/daycare in my home, and i wouldn't trust puppies around them of course c:

Im introducing Gem to eating veggies because her owner has only feed them to her as treats for the past 6 years :shock:
I'm starting with kale because thats mostly what i buy for my boys, she's doing so good.

Maybe I can figure out how to get a pic of all of them on here once they are bonded :D
Alos, am i the only crazy rabbit owner that decorates their pen for holidays? :lol:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:Max sounds so cute! How old is he? he sounds like my netherland dwarf Echo, super playful lol!
Though i trust my own dogs around my bunnies, i own a small dog boarding/daycare in my home, and i wouldn't trust puppies around them of course c:

Im introducing Gem to eating veggies because her owner has only feed them to her as treats for the past 6 years :shock:
I'm starting with kale because thats mostly what i buy for my boys, she's doing so good.

Maybe I can figure out how to get a pic of all of them on here once they are bonded :D
Alos, am i the only crazy rabbit owner that decorates their pen for holidays? :lol:

Omigosh gem sounds adorable, fren! Max is merely a 3 year old but he's quite well behaved. I got Maximus in Honduras, and there it's not uncommon to eat rabbits. I came home one fateful day and he was in a small white cage in my room. (Don't worry we let him out a lot but at the time he wasn't litter trained yet). He's not much of a wanderer aswell. I'll grab a book and some cold water and bring Max in front of my house and he likes to just walk around a bit. :lol:

Although he is fixed he is very aggressive and territorial to one of my three doggos, Harley. Harley is about the size of a black lab and he is a black lab crossed with a German Sheperd mix. Harley, like I said previously, is trained to be gentle towards max but one early morning I woke up and Max kept trying to snap at Harley. I just told him no and put him off the bed and let Harley out of my room,
I was too tired to overreact. :lol:

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 am

Aww, that’s amazing that Max gets to free roam. Gem is now mostly free roaming in my bedroom, I just gated if the half with my door so no one let’s her out and in case a dog gets in (not that they would do anything).

My favorite thing is taking Romeo and Echo outside in the summer, It’s snowy and cold here right now otherwise I’d take Gemini out to see how she likes it.

My younger sister and I just made new rabbit toys yesterday, I’m so happy to say that Gem likes them, her old owner said she didn’t like toys but she seems to enjoy them now c:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:18 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:Aww, that’s amazing that Max gets to free roam. Gem is now mostly free-roaming in my bedroom, I just gated if the half with my door so no one lets her out and in case a dog gets in (not that they would do anything).

My favorite thing is taking Romeo and Echo outside in the summer, It’s snowy and cold here right now otherwise I’d take Gemini out to see how she likes it.

My younger sister and I just made new rabbit toys yesterday, I’m so happy to say that Gem likes them, her old owner said she didn’t like toys but she seems to enjoy them now c:

Her old owner pry just had said that to make them justified for not buying toys, I mean, all bunnies can find toys they like if they give them a shot! They probably just tried to give them a toy once and they didn't use it or something not sure. What are their favorite toys? I'd love to hear so I can try them out with my bun! We move a lot so we're not able to get another rabbit quite yet and when I move to brazil my mum wants to get my little brother a cat since he's been asking for one for at least a year now. I'm still a super new rabbit owner, if you'd ever have any veggie or toy suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 am

hello!! i'm working on making my rabbit free roam, right now he stays in his cage when we're away or we're asleep. his only problem is that he likes to push his litter box around and push it away from where we put it and pee where it used to be. do you know why he does this? we've tried putting down different boxes, but he still doesn't like it.
also what kind of chord protectors do you recommend that are easy to blend in with the walls?
thanks!
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:02 am

risotto wrote:hello!! i'm working on making my rabbit free roam, right now he stays in his cage when we're away or we're asleep. his only problem is that he likes to push his litter box around and push it away from where we put it and pee where it used to be. do you know why he does this? we've tried putting down different boxes, but he still doesn't like it.
also what kind of chord protectors do you recommend that are easy to blend in with the walls?
thanks!

They are very... peculiar about where to pee, so really the only solution is to put the litter box back where he wants it. ^^;

I put them into black garden hoses (impossible to chew through & blends in with the shadows) and hide those behind the furniture, so I can't really help you with that. Pretty sure there are a few ideas when you search for "bunny/rabbit proofing".
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me