Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby blazesong » Tue May 09, 2017 12:26 am

people who bring chicken into a dog park and feed other peoples dogs.

we went to the dog park and after a lap in the big dog area (my shelties get on fine with big dogs) we moved into smalls for a round of ball (big dogs pop the balls so we only play ball in smalls) , as the pups young we do want him to meet other dogs so i took the dogs over to this couple with poms , i only saw the chicken as my dogs did, they wanted it and where trying to steal it. the people picked it up and i thought it would be find, my dogs won't snap about it . then they fed my dogs with out asking (luckerly my dogs are fine with chicken, but the older one can't have ham) we had to pretty much drag are boys away to the other side of the pen, we tryed to play with them but they couldnt forget the chicken so we scooped them up (somthing i felt wrong doing as i know normaly not to) and took them back into big dogs, we got lucky and the area we ended up in was empty apart from a border collie who we ended up chating to and playing ball with.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tylerr Joseph » Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 am

I have a little kitten, for some reason people think it's fine to just pick him up and carry him around when they're over. He hates being picked up, I even tell them he'll bite you if you hold him wrong. Then they get mad a me when a KITTEN THAT IS 2 MONTHS OLD bites them after they held him wrong.
─────────────────────────────────────────────
linklinklink

Pronouns: she/her
Trade me! I almost always
acccept fair trades!
Art art art art art art art art
I think you can tell I love the
Color green

───────{do you like waffles}───
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
{xxxxxx}───
───{xxxxxx}
creds
Tylerr Joseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tylerr Joseph » Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 am

SableShine wrote:My dog's name is Starbuck.

"Oh, you must really like coffee, huh?"

Never heard THAT one before! *grinds teeth*

Haha my first thought was moby dick
─────────────────────────────────────────────
linklinklink

Pronouns: she/her
Trade me! I almost always
acccept fair trades!
Art art art art art art art art
I think you can tell I love the
Color green

───────{do you like waffles}───
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
text2text2te..
{xxxxxx}───
───{xxxxxx}
creds
Tylerr Joseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Tue May 09, 2017 10:23 am

I standing outside my shop with my dog and I say this man with a staffie. My dog hates them
    as he was attacked by one as a puppy.

I saw him coming over so I clearly picked up my dog as I didn't want him anywhere near his.
    It wasn't that I think they are a dangerous breed but I know it would make my dog anxious and
    he most likely lash out and bite.

Yet the man ignored this and brought his dog over "to play" with my clearly stressed dog. I hate talking
    to strangers yet I had to politely ask him to move his dog away as it was clearly causing mine stress.

Yet he snapped at me in the middle of a public place. Luckily my mum came out and she wasn't very happy
    about the whole thing.

Never seen a man run so fast in my life lmao.
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haarlep » Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 am

Letting my dog jump up, when I've told them not to let him do that. Letting my dog sleep in the front room or in a bedroom with someone. I don't want my dog ever getting separation anxiety and he sleeps fine on his own in the kitchen. Yet people still try let him sleep in the living room when I'm on nights >.<
Formally known as GlitterBug

Haarlep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri May 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Squeezing my bunny like they want her organs to explode? She may look like a plush, but.. I mean what? I've told them to stop a billion times.. That's why I'm always so cautious when anyone does anything to my bun or bird xD
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jypheran » Fri May 12, 2017 7:54 pm

My mom yells at my cat loudly to go somewhere when she clearly knows that cats don't understand human language .
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ☆ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
☆ Jovan
☆ A bi disaster
☆ He/Him
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
___
___
___
___
___
___
___
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
—> Instagram <—
—> Art Shop <—
—> Storepet Collection <—

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
___
___
___
___
___
___
___
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

F

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Image▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁Image
Jypheran

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat May 13, 2017 11:16 am

Parents (some) who let their toddlers annoy my kitty.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby colorloco » Wed May 17, 2017 4:10 am

I hate whenever me and my dog are rough housing and someone says be gentle hes a puppy. Im like exsqueeze me? My dog plays rougher with dogs and also when people kiss my dog or try to make him kiss them like no. Das my baby. I also hate being told hwo to take care of my dog
colorloco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Thu May 18, 2017 3:13 am

I think we can all agree that people who think they can handle our pets better than we can or who instruct us on how to take care of them are the most annoying people in the history of really annoying people.

Examples!

One thing I really hate was when I had my foster dog (she got adopted), and people would just randomly walk up to her, pet her, and say things like "why did you shave her head" or "why is she wearing a cone collar" or "you should use a different harness". I explained politely to them that she had surgery on her ears and needed her head shaved, and was wearing the collar so she wouldn't scratch, or that her harness was the one recommended by the animal shelter.

I guess people kept thinking that just because she was big and walked fast (though I was jogging with her) automatically meant that she was trying to pull away just because she had a habit of continuing to walk when I stopped to explain something about her to someone. She couldn't actually hear anything after her surgery, completely deaf, so people kept telling me when she didn't notice for a couple seconds that I'd stopped that "you should train your dog better".

Another thing I hate is when people say that their pets like them more than me, or get super clingy about their animals. Or when they insist that just because my cat sat on their lap because it was closer and my cat is fat and lazy, it means all pets like them better than they like me.

An example is when I invited this one friend, and I use that term loosely, to my house because we had a giant choir project to work on. She instantly abandoned the project when my cat walked into the room, scooped her up, started cuddling her, and refused to put her down because apparently she'd get lonely. Needless to say, I did the entire project by myself, made my "friend" call her dad to pick her up, got an A when she got a 0, and saved my cat from a lot of unwanted attention.

Also, this isn't so much a thing that people do with my pets, but it's a thing that people do with their own. We all hate when people give us wrong advice, but I've been on both ends, giving actual, scientifically-backed advice, and people get super snooty about how they know absolutely everything about the entire species, not just their own pet, and that I don't know anything.

One example is my "friend" with a black lab. Name's Lucky, super sweet, happy and hyper, about 7? 8? years old, loves spending time outside. She walks him once or twice a month. She keeps insisting that her dogs (also has a beagle) get plenty of exercise because she lets them out in a very small space in the yard, which is small to begin with, and that I don't know a thing about black labs.

Seriously, when I had my foster lab, I walked her 2 or 3 times A DAY! She didn't get outside time, true, but still, dogs can't get walked once a month and spend the rest of their time sleeping in a crate or meandering around in about an 8 by 8 enclosed space. It's not enough exercise. They're skinny because of how much they jump on everything, another pet peeve of mine, when people don't train their pets, but they still need to be walked at the VERY LEAST once a week. Even that's too little for the amount of energy and breeds of her dogs.

Another thing I really hate is people who hit their pets. Not a bop on the nose for begging at the dinner table; I'm pretty sure almost everyone does that, but people who whack them on the head with a rolled-up magazine for doing the slightest thing wrong. On the opposite side of the spectrum, also not a fan of when people get super personally offended when I bop my cat on the head for playing too rough or when I used to push my lab Gracie's face away when she got all up in my space. It's not cruel to remind your pet that they're trained; it's cruel to inflict pain upon them for something they're not trained about.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me